CHAPTER 41

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong was stronger and more powerful than any normal human. He could remain alert and clear-headed even if he didn't sleep for a week. He could also survive far longer than any normal human being without food and water in the desert.

 

 

The reason for his extraordinary abilities was simple. His mother was the former Archangel Na-young and his father, Prince Won Bin, was once the strongest in the demon realm. Both his parents were dead. They both lost their lives after a one night stand which resulted to his anomalous birth. Angels and demons were incapable of mating. Their bodies were incompatible. But despite the rules and the facts, Jaejoong was born.

 

 

But the past and his true nature no longer bothered Jaejoong. He didn't give a about the past. He was much more concerned about the present and the future. He now had a new life in the world of the humans. He was currently living a quiet life as a second year college student in the University of Busan.

 

 

He usually sported long, dark locks that reached down to his waist. He kept it tied behind his back whenever he was in school. He started growing his hair when he turned eighteen. But now, he had decided to change his hairstyle. His hair was now trimmed high behind his head, but the hair on his sides still covered his ears and reached below his chin. Most of the comments he received when he suddenly showed up in school with this new hairstyle was favorable. They called his hair, cool.

 

 

Jaejoong looked like just an ordinary twenty-three-year old college student taking up Bachelor of Arts in Literature and Bachelor of Arts in History. His I.Q. was high enough to enable him to easily finish any four or five-year course within the span of two years even if he took them simultaneously. But that would be boring. The primary reason he enrolled himself in college was to have fun. In fact, after getting the diploma for his two current courses, he planned to enroll again and take two new courses.

 

 

When he told his plans to his girlfriend, Dara, she laughed and started teasing him. She branded him as a professional student since he had no intention of leaving school until he had taken up all the available courses in the university.

 

 

With his genes, time was irrelevant. Jaejoong was confident that he would be able to accomplish his goals while still looking like a young man in his twenties. Angels and demons were long lived. And since he possessed the traits of both races, he would probably live for a long, long time.

 

 

But then, he might have to leave the University of Busan and Korea. He remaining youthful and not aging would certainly catch the attention of everyone around him who kept growing older.

 

 

But the future was not Jaejoong's concern today. It was the present. And it had something to do with the piles of flyers and sample ballots before him as he stood inside the headquarters of the Solaris Party. Solaris was among the three student parties currently fighting for the available positions in the university's student council.

 

 

Last year, Jaejoong never participated or even cared about the school's social activities and politics. He was popular with the students, but no one was able to convince him to run for any of the position in the student council. He wasn't interested in the responsibilities imposed by such positions. But this year, he found himself working...no, slaving for the Solaris Party! And it was all because of his girlfriend, Dara Park, who had decided to run for president despite being only a second year student!

 

 

"Are you just going to stare at those flyers and sample ballots, Jaejoong?" teased Seho. Seho was the campaign manager of Solaris Party. He was also the one who approached Dara and convinced her to run in this election.

 

 

"I have been going around the campus for two weeks distributing flyers and sample ballots!" Jaejoong groaned. "But these things continue to multiply! I should have finished giving them away since last week. But no, every day, their numbers continue to increase!"

 

 

Seho burst out laughing.

 

 

"I can't do anything about that. Contributions for our campaign in the form of flyers and sample ballots keeps arriving. It would be a waste if we don't distribute them. Our supporters are having these printed for us. Dara is indeed quite popular with the student populace."

 

 

"She must have used some spell to make them like her."

 

 

"Dara doesn't need any spell. With her beauty and natural charm, people tend to like her instantly."

 

 

Jaejoong sighed. Like most men in the campus, it was quite obvious that Seho also had a crush on Dara. Since Dara started going to their university last year, she seemed to have bewitched most of the male students. If those guys weren't aware that he was already her boyfriend, Jaejoong had a feeling that these men would be fighting, probably killing each other just to vie for her attention.

 

 

The reason was obvious. Dara was hot! She wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter