CHAPTER 59

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

The worm travelled several thousands of miles. It even flew across the Atlantic Ocean. Despite this, Jaejoong and Minho kept up it with. They never lost sight of the worm, though they kept their distance to prevent it from sensing them.

 

 

"It seemed to be heading to South America," commented Jaejoong.

 

 

"Why would it choose to go to South America?" asked Minho.

 

 

Everything became clear to Jaejoong.

 

 

"It is because the sacrificial temples of the Aztecs and Mayans are there!"

 

 

"What?"

 

 

Jaejoong smirked.

 

 

"You are much older than me, Minho, but you still do not know human history," he chided his former guardian.

 

 

"Because I am not interested in such things. And I never once worked for the History Department of Midnight. Right now, I am assigned in the Intelligence Department.

 

 

"When did being a Hollywood producer became part of the work for the Intelligence Department?"

 

 

"It's subterfuge. I am in the propaganda section."

 

 

"Isn't that under the Department of Arts?"

 

 

"They handle artists. Didn't you learn anything when you were an apprentice for Midnight?" Minho admonished him.

 

 

Jaejoong was about to retort back when he noticed that the worm was starting to descend. They were currently flying over the country of Mexico. Below them lay the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan. If one would translate the meaning of Teotihuacan, it would mean, the place where men become gods.

 

 

"The worm seems to have reached its destination," observed Jaejoong.

 

 

Below them stood a giant pyramid. It was called the Pyramid of the Sun. During ancient times, the pyramid symbolized the religion and power of the leaders of Meso America. It was widely believed that the Aztecs were the ones who built the Pyramid of the Sun. Today, the pyramid was among the many tourist attractions in Mexico.

 

 

But tourists were only allowed to go to the pyramid during the day. By nighttime, the compound was off limits to everyone.

 

 

Jaejoong and minho noticed a man standing on top of the pyramid. Even if they were not capable of seeing through the dark, they would still notice the man because he was glowing like a beacon.

 

 

"Is that his master?" asked Minho.

 

 

 

"That is Kim Soo-hyun." Jaejoong grinned. This finally proved his suspicion that Soo-hyun was indeed the one responsible for all the copycat killings that was being perpetuated all over the world.

 

 

"Your instinct was right, Jaejoong," said Minho. "But how did you know that he was the one responsible for all of the serial killings?"

 

 

"The first time I laid eyes on him, my gut automatically told me that he was up to something sinister. Then, after getting to know the kind of that he is, I discovered he was a very proud bastard and full of himself. He is like most regular serial killers who couldn't help themselves. They have this need to tell the world what they had done. Either they would take souvenirs or they would leave clues for the police to find them or at least acknowledge them and their crimes."

 

 

"You still haven't told me how you discovered he was the mastermind behind all the killings. The only clue that Hyesun and I found in the crime scenes was your blood."

 

 

"Which was a clue by itself. It is very difficult to create a perfect crime, Minho. The criminal would always leave traces. And it was statistically impossible that the criminal would only leave one kind of trace every time he committed a crime. Such a clue specially my unique blood always turning up in every crime scene is very suspicious. You can't say that the criminal always accidentally cuts himself or he really leaves his blood behind. No criminal would ever leave his blood behind when DNA identification is being used everywhere. Such blood evidence is clearly planted to implicate me.

 

 

"That led me to the next clue or rather question. Who has the ability to take my blood and put it all over the world where the crimes occurred? And why is he trying to frame me for his crimes?

 

 

"If Soo-hyun didn't show himself while these crimes were happening. I would have a hard time finding out the real culprit. I couldn't suspect Lightside. It is not part of their nature to do something like this. They do not sacrifice human lives and set someone up for a crime. I couldn't suspect Midnight Corp. because they are not stupid to do something which would automatically make them the main suspects. But Kim Soo-hyun's sudden appearance and him trying to take Dara away from me made him my instant suspect. His appearance, his anger toward me as well as his ability to teleport made him the perfect suspect since it all coincided with the killings. And if there's anything you taught me, Minho, there is no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.

 

 

"You could say that his actions were very stupid, unless he really planned it that way. That he made everything obvious so that I would know that he was the one responsible behind all of these. I believe that this wasn't just a set up, Minho. This was a direct challenge. He made sure that I wouldn't be able to refuse his challenge and that no matter what happens, I will fight him.

 

 

"He wanted to kill me the moment he discovered that I am Dara's husband." Jaejoong pointed at the glowing Soo-hyun before them. "Further proof that he was responsible for all of this is the fact that instead of hiding, he turned himself into a beacon so that I could clearly see where he is standing once we pursued his minion."

 

 

Jaejoong and Minho followed the worm with their eyes. The worm landed before Soo-hyun's feet. Soo-hyun was barefoot and aside from a golden loincloth, he was wearing nothing else. The shape of a sun was also carved on his forehead.

 

 

The worm seemed to prostrate itself, almost praying before Kim Soo-hyun. It slowly crawled toward Soo-hyun's feet. When it got near enough, the worm burrowed itself into Soo-hyun's feet!

 

 

"That is so ing gross! He's got a worm on his foot!" whispered Minho.

 

 

Jaejoong stopped himself from laughing. He didn't want Soo-hyun to learn about their presence. He and Minho had continued to maintain their invisibility as they watched from above.

 

 

A few seconds later, they saw other worm creatures arrived. Like the worm they had followed, these worms also buried themselves into Soo-hyun's body. Some entered through his hand, his stomach, his check and even behind his head.

 

 

Jaejoong began to suspect that these worms were either part of Soo-hyun's body or obedient pets.

 

 

Soo-hyun looked up toward the direction of the sky were Jaejoong and Minho hovered. A wide grin appeared on his face.

 

 

"I can see you, Jaejoong. Your powers of invisibility doesn't work on my godly eyes!" he said, his voice full with contempt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pyramid of the Sun, Mexico

 

 

 

Jaejoong and Minho landed on top of the Pyramid of the Sun. The pyramid was shaped like a triangle but unlike Egyptian pyramids that ended with a point, the Pyramid of the Sun had a flat surface on its top.

 

 

"This is rather unfair since there are two of you, while I am alone," commented Soo-hyun.

 

 

"We demons never fight fair," Minho smirked.

 

 

"You are the one responsible for all the copycat serial killing occurring all over the world of humans," Jaejoong accused Soo-hyun. "And you would need to face both Lightside and Midnight for all the souls you have destroyed as you harvested humans for your food."

 

 

Soo-hyun laughed.

 

 

"I don't really care about those corporations. They don't have any hold on a god like me!" he said with contempt. "I am more ancient and powerful than them. And the only reason you discovered about my pets was because I allowed you to know about them, Jaejoong. If I wanted to, those two companies would have remained clueless forever about my existence. Even when these killings first began, they remained unaware of the truth and simply blamed the deaths to human psychopaths and ghosts."

 

 

Jaejoong suddenly realized the whole truth!

 

 

"Those original killings were not copycats! There were no Jack the Ripper, the Zodiac, the monster of Venice and the other killers because all of them were committed by your worms! You were behind all of the deaths in the past and in the present!"

 

 

"Very perceptive," Soo-hyun said sarcastically.

 

 

"You are making your pets kill humans, sacrificing their lives to increase your powers!"

 

 

"Partly correct. The first reason I sent my pets out was to find humans to be sacrificed for me. Their life forces or what the two corporations often called souls enabled me to break the spell of Solaria's song that kept me sleeping for centuries. What you are saying is only the second reason why my pets continued to kill for me."

 

 

"You deliberately left behind traces of my blood so I would be blamed for all the deaths your pets caused!" Jaejoong had already suspected this truth, but he still wanted Soo-hyun to admit it. He wanted Minho to hear this. He knew that Minho was still investigating these serial killings, and he would need Soo-hyun's admission to complete his report. The moment Minho submitted his report to the Dark Council, the Dark Council would order a death warrant for Soo-hyun. This was one of the reasons why Jaejoong had contacted and brought Minho with him.

 

"My pets were able to gather samples of your blood last year. As for framing you, well that's not my purpose. I simply wanted you to know about me and what I am capable of doing. It was my own way of telling you, Jaejoong, that I have come back to get my wife. But if my little introduction would have led to your death or severe punishment from the Lightside and Midnight people, I wouldn't have minded that at all. I admit, I would be a bit disappointed if I am not the one to personally kill you. But I could live with that." He spread out his arms. "So, then, shall we start the duel?"

 

 

"Didn't you just make an agreement with Lightside that we will have this duel next week?" Jaejoong reminded him.

 

 

Soo-hyun grinned.

 

 

"But if you break that agreement and you attack me now, I would then have the right to defend myself, right?"

 

 

Jaejoong stared hard at Soo-hyun.

 

 

"This was part of your plan! That worm was a bait!"

 

 

"Of course! My pets are capable of making themselves invisible to everyone. Why do you think, no one saw them? Not even Midnight and Lightside were able to detect their presence. And then suddenly, right at the moment you were there, my worm became visible to your eyes. You should have suspected this, Jaejoong. Everything that happened in Whitechapel was staged for your benefit.

 

 

"I like following patterns when it comes to taking the life forces of these humans. And I hoped that you would recognize my pattern and be there on time when I have prepared my little drama for you. I instructed my pet to show itself to you and lead you back to me."

 

 

"This was a ing trap!" growled Minho. He unleashed the sharp claws from his hands. His lone horn sparked with electricity and lengthened to a foot while his powerful, barbed tail whipped the air behind him.

 

 

Jaejoong had left his horns and tail at their house. The only weapon he could use now was his talons.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter