CHAPTER 23

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara was feeling all kinds of emotions inside her. She feared for Jaejoong's safety and survival, yet at the same couldn't decide whether to lend a hand or not. He could help the Siesmyres to survive. But she couldn't put herself in danger for Jaejoong. Her role and responsibility to the Siesmyres must always come first. Even if she used her powers, she was not sure she would be able to take down someone like Prince Lee Bumsoo. She might be able to take Jaejoong away from this place, but where would she take him? Prince Bumsoo was a hunter, and he wouldn't stop unless he found Jaejoong, and anyone with Jaejoong would surely die. She couldn't forever hide Jaejoong using her powers. There was a limit to how long she could use her powers.

 

 

The only way for Jaejoong to survive today was if he could kill Prince Bumsoo. But how could Jaejoong do that when he was being trampled by the giant demon's foot?

 

 

Jaejoong was bleeding continuously as Prince Bumsoo hammered him deeper into the frozen ground with his foot. Jaejoong's green blood now stained the whiteness of the snow around him.

 

 

A normal man would be dead by now, but Jaejoong remained clinging to life despite his battered body. He was still trying to get up every time Prince Bumsoo would raise his foot. But it was useless because the giant foot would come down faster than he could crawl away.

 

 

Dara couldn't take her eyes off the scene before her. Part of her wanted to see the hidden strength inside Jaejoong whose existence Tiffany firmly believed in. She wanted to believe that Jaejoong, in spite of his dire situation, would be able to rise and fight back. That he would beat the odds against him.

 

 

If Jaejoong would be able to accomplish this, he would instantly earn her respect and admiration. But even now, the respect and admiration for him had started to grow because Jaejoong was not giving up. Despite the loss of an arm, he was still able to fight and wound Prince Bumsoo before. If Jaejoong wasn't caught by the prince, he would still be flying around and attacking. But the prince had pinned his body to the ground and repeatedly smashed him with his foot. Yet, Jaejoong continued to withstand and endure the battering. Even with his green blood all over the place, he refused to die and continued to get up whenever the prince would raise his foot.

 

 

Dara blinked. Something was wrong with the scene. As if she was seeing a continuous loop of a movie scene. First Prince Bumsoo would trample Jaejoong's body to the ground. Then as he would raise his foot, Jaejoong though injured and bloodied would try to crawl away but instead would get trampled anew by the Prince's foot. And Jaejoong's blood would splatter everywhere before the scene would repeat again.

 

 

"He won't die!" Tiffany shouted, there was a look of morbid fascination in her face. Her eyes glowed blue with glee! "Fight Jaejoong, don't ever give up!" she shouted and let out a maniacal laugh!

 

 

Dara felt disgusted by Tiffany's behavior. She smacked Tiffany's nape! The demoness almost fell off the ledge.

 

 

"What is your problem? I am cheering him on!" protested Tiffany.

 

 

"My hand slipped," she said coldly.

 

 

It was clear from Tiffany's expression that she didn't believe Dara's words. But Dara didn't care. She couldn't stand seeing someone laughing while Jaejoong was bleeding and suffering!

 

 

"If you really are Jaejoong's friend, then you should go down there and help him!" Dara snapped.

 

 

The yuki-onna's eyes widened with fear.

 

 

"I am not crazy to go down there! I will be instantly crushed! I have no intention of getting my blue blood spilled on the snow!"

 

 

Dara turned her eyes back to what was happening below. It was the same torture scene they had been watching for almost thirty minutes. This scene would only stop once Jaejoong dies.

 

 

"Don't die, Jaejoong," Dara muttered. But looking at his bloodied body, there was no way he could still survive this. And she didn't want to watch him die like this! She couldn't take this anymore! She couldn't let him die! She must find a way to save him without endangering herself...

 

 

She began humming a song. A song only Siesmyres were capable of hearing.

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong finally understood the strength and weakness of his adversary. The blue demon's physical strength and fighting ability were far superior to his. He was also capable of instant healing and regeneration. Whatever injury Jaejoong managed to inflict on the demon before were now fully healed.

 

 

The o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter