CHAPTER 90

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Jaejoong was awakened by the touch of a warm small hand on his cheek. He opened his eyes and saw his son sitting on his chest. Jaejoong was lying on the ground, and he could see several branches of trees above him.

 

 

       "Daddy? Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" There was a look of concern on his son's handsome face.

 

 

       Jaejoong smiled.

 

 

       "Daddy's okay. I think." He couldn't feel any pain on his body.

 

 

       "Your daddy is very strong, Blue. You need not worry too much about him," said Dara's voice.

 

 

       Jaejoong turned and found Dara hovering near him or rather her grey soul.

 

 

       "Are we all dead and in Athenaeum?" he asked.

 

 

       Dara giggled and sat beside him. He noticed that the blackness had reached her knees. That told him they weren't in Athenaeum Realm since only grey souls could enter that realm and Dara had ceased being a grey soul.

 

 

       "We are still on earth. And we are all alive," Dara assured him.

 

 

       He sat up.

 

 

       "Junki?"

 

 

       Dara pointed a finger to a nearby tree. Junki was there, his fine clothes in tatters and his hair in disarray, as he lay flat on the ground.

 

 

       "Is he dead?"

 

 

       "Of course not."

 

 

       Blue crawled toward Junki and began pulling his long hair. The king of Midnight suddenly bolted up.

 

 

       "What the was that!" He swore and growled in anger as he sat on the ground.

 

 

       "What happened?" Jaejoong asked Dara.

 

 

       Junki turned toward him.

 

 

       "That-that wife of yours turned me into your shield!" Junki spat.

 

 

       "Junki was the most protected demon I have ever encountered," explained Dara. "He had several spells and talismans all over his body. His earrings, his clothes, his shoes, his watch, all of them were talismans protecting him from all kinds of magical and physical harm or attack."

 

 

       "After my encounter with Prince Teddy, I made sure that no spell could ever harm me again. So I increased my protection." Junki's blue eyes glared at Dara. "You must have discovered about my protection while you were inside me!"

 

 

       "I already know all the layers of spells and talismans you use to protect yourself. But I did discover that you would be an effective shield when I was inside of you. I knew that if Yang Hyun Suk would use a powerful attack against Jaejoong, I have to use you, Junki, as a shield to protect my husband."

 

 

       "That was reckless!" both Jaejoong and Junki berated Dara.

 

 

       "If my protection didn't hold, all four of us would be dead by now!" Junki shouted.

 

 

       Dara smiled.

 

 

       "The green seed you swallowed allowed your protections to extend to others near you. I know how powerful your protections were, Junki, so there was never really any danger. Besides, I already knew that we would survive that void."

 

 

       "How could you be so sure of that?" demanded Junki.

 

 

       Jaejoong stared hard at his wife. Then he remembered what she was doing in Athenaeum. In that realm, the past and the present of everyone in the realms of the angels, demons and humans could be seen. But never the future since it was continuously changing.

 

 

       "How could you have seen the future? Even Lightside seers and third eye owners of Midnight could only see possible futures, not the exact future!" exclaimed Jaejoong.

 

 

       "She has such power?" Junki looked alarmed.

 

 

       "Not the future. The past."

 

 

       Blue crawled on Junki lap, and sat there.

 

 

       "The past?" Jaejoong and Junki again said simultaneously.

 

 

       "Well, I was worried about you, Jaejoong, and I don't truly trust Junki. So, I began researching about Junki. That's when I discovered he had layers upon layers of protection around his body. I became intrigued. I also suspected that such shields and protections weren't just for protection but to hide his secrets. And in order to discover the truth, I looked into his past."

 

 

       Junki's face paled.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter