CHAPTER 70

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

      

 

       Dara was startled awake. She just had a dream. No, a nightmare. Beings like her never dreamed. And the nightmare would only come to her when her death was near. Her mother, her grandmother and all of her ancestors were visited by this nightmare.

 

 

       She dreaded this day. But it was her destiny. It was her duty and responsibility. She looked at her husband beside her. Even when asleep, his arms were wrapped around her. Making her understand that she was his. But she would soon be leaving him. She now had less than a year before her death would occur.

 

 

       She took a deep breath. She had to prepare everything. Make everything ready. She didn't know how or why she would die. But she knew the exact time she would cease to exist. Sadness filled her. She pushed that away. There was still hope for her. Athenaeum. If she could balance the good and evil inside her, she would be welcomed into that realm. She wouldn't just disappear like her ancestors. And Jaejoong would follow her.

 

 

       She woke him.

 

 

       "The Elders are calling for me," she lied. In truth, she needed to meet with the Elders.

 

 

       "We are still in our honeymoon!" he protested.

 

 

       "I will be back soon. Go back to sleep, Jaejoong. Regain your strength. The moment I come back, you are going to need‑"

 

 

       He grabbed her and kissed her hard on the mouth.

 

 

       "If you don't come back in an hour, woman, I will find you and ravish you wherever you are!"

   

    "Even in front of the Elders? You have become erted, Jaejoong!"

 

 

       "Of course not! I'll drive them away first so we could have some privacy."

 

 

       She giggled.

 

 

       "Okay, let me go now. I can't leave if you won't take your hands off my body." She changed into her green form.

 

 

       "Maybe, I should accompany you."

 

 

       "No. You would just be scolded by the Elders. Especially Elder MiKyung."

 

 

       He reluctantly let her go.

 

 

       "You should put on some clothes."

 

 

       "And where would I get clothes? You have ripped all of them apart," she .

 

 

       "Call one of the Finders to get you one."

 

 

       "C'mon, Jaejoong, I am going to use my invisibility. No one would see me while flying around."

 

 

       "Where are you going exactly?"

 

 

       "To the Southern Sanctuary. That's the nearest Sanctuary here."

 

 

       He stood up.

 

 

       "Then I'll take you there myself." He unfolded his large, black batwings. He scooped her up in his strong arms and took to the air.

 

 

       "You can't go inside the Sanctuary while we are having a meeting."

 

 

       "I have no intention of going inside the Sanctuary alone. The memory of me getting lost there for several days still haunts me."

 

 

       She giggled. The Sanctuaries were magical pathways that most Siesmyres used to travel from one place to another. Travel that would take days would become minutes if you used the Sanctuaries. But non-Siesmyres that entered the Sanctuaries

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter