CHAPTER 12

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The loud ringing of the alarm clock woke up Jaejoong. More than six months had passed since he took the job for the Siesmyres and encountered the Andaryad. But his memories of that day had remained fuzzy. Last thing he remembered was the Andaryad burning his cheek before he lost consciousness.

 

 

When he finally came to, the Andaryad and all the other Siesmyres were gone. Only Yabu had remained. He also found three big sacks of gold beside him. Yabu thanked him for his help and told him that the gold was the payment for his services. The Finder did not wait for his answer but quickly flew away.

 

 

Jaejoong rose from his bed. Today was the start of a new semester in the university where he had enrolled himself into. He had been going to the university for the past few months while living a comfortable life in the human world. The gold he earned from his job with the Siesmyres had aided him in the life he had chosen for himself. He sold several gold nuggets to obtain money to buy a house and lot, a car, and pay for his tuition fees. He still had enough left to spend for his daily living. The rest of the gold was secretly stashed under the pavement of his backyard.

 

 

He was currently enrolled in the University of Busan and simultaneously taking up two courses. The first was a Bachelor of Arts in History and the second a major in Literature. He was simply passing time and had no immediate plans after his graduation.

 

 

He went to the bathroom to perform his morning rituals. Though as an employee of Midnight Corp. such human rituals were no longer necessary, but since he was now living in the human world and was pretending to be human, he thought it best to act and do human things.

 

 

He glanced at his reflection on the bathroom mirror hanging on the wall. His eyes immediately riveted to his left cheek. There was no burn mark there. Not even a faded scar. But his mind kept remembering his cheek getting seared by the hot palm of the Andaryad. The pain that coursed through his body and rendered him unconscious was hard to forget. It was worse than the pain caused by Sean's spear. But unlike that spear that left a permanent scar on his shoulder, his left cheek remained smooth and without any trace of the burn injury.

 

 

Even after all these months, Jaejoong still found himself wondering if the Andaryad did indeed burn his face or was that all just an illusion? If it was an illusion, it was much better than his powers of illusion. His encounter with the Andaryad was impossible to forget because it remained a mystery to him.

 

 

The disturbance Jaejoong caused in Beijing was overshadowed by his choice during the meeting where representatives from both Lightside and Midnight converged for a video conference to hear his decision. Both he and Lee Junki as well s the Lightside Ambassador Bae Yong Jun were the only one's personally present in the meeting place. The rest of the attendees were seen through monitors. It was Junki who announced Jaejoong's choice. The Midnight Ambassador told everyone in the meeting that Jaejoong had chosen to work for the Midnight Corp. and that he had taken Jaejoong under his wings and would be responsible for the latter's actions starting that day. Suffice it to say, Junki never punished Jaejoong regarding the Beijing incident. Lightside Inc. as expected made a lot of noise regarding Jaejoong's decision to save face. But in the end grudgingly accepted his choice.

 

 

In the eyes of everyone, Jaejoong was now an official employee of Midnight Corp., and he would henceforth be working in the Armistice Department headed by Junki. Junki would also be responsible in purging all the angelic nature out of his body.

 

 

Countess Hyori meanwhile, furiously opposed such set-up. Junki deftly handled her and convinced the Dark Council that Jaejoong would best serve the Armistice Department than Countess Hyori's Department of Arts. Junki after all had more friends in higher positions than the countess and the former being a marquis had a higher rank than a countess.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter