CHAPTER 13

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Asian history was Jaejoong's first class. He could simply read about Asian history in books or in the internet, but where's the fun in that? He didn't come to school to learn. He was here to observe and have fun. He was interested in listening to people's opinions specially their instructors. And then there's the numerous funny scenes when one of his classmates would either have a blank stare or would try desperately to answer the questions of their instructor during class though they had absolutely no idea what they were saying.

 

 

Mrs. So was the instructor in his Asian history class. She was also one of his instructors last semester. She used to call him out during oral discussions. But she stopped doing that ever since she found out he was always prepared and he knew more about the subject than she did.

 

 

By the end of the semester, Mrs. So was literally frightened of Jaejoong whenever he would raise his hand to ask her a question. He enrolled in her class again this semester because he had fun the last time he challenged her knowledge of history, and she managed to stand up to him.

 

 

As for making friends, he preferred his friendships to remain casual and people mere acquaintances. Relationships and friendships he formed with anyone in the university would be quickly forgotten once Midnight or Lightside decided to make everyone around him forget him based on whatever reason they could think of. He had lost all his friends before when he turned eighteen. They had all forgotten him. He didn't want to go through that again.

 

 

When it came to women, Jaejoong had no problem getting their attention even if he never sought them. His six-foot-two frame, broad shoulders and narrow hips plus handsome features were enough to turn a woman's head the moment he entered a room. He never disregarded such attentions and would usually give them a smile, but he always made sure that he maintained a platonic wall between them. When asked why he didn't have a girlfriend, his usual answer was that he needed to concentrate on his studies. Being a latecomer, he had a lot of catching up to do on his education. He would always add that romantic relationships could always wait.

 

 

But one of the real reasons he had remained uncommitted was the guilt he always felt every time he heard Yoona's songs. Yoona was now a very popular singer. Her first album became multi-platinum in the Latin world. When an English version of her song Quebar was sold to the English-speaking world, it went number one in the US Billboard charts. The song was pop-rock, and it told the story of a man who broke a girl's heart.

 

 

 

Jaejoong instantly recognized himself as the man when he first heard the song. He could never change the past. The only thing he could do now was to make sure to never again break a woman's heart and discard her coldly.

 

 

Upon reaching their classroom, Jaejoong headed to the last row of seats. He preferred seating behind the class so he could watch and observe everyone's antics. Mrs. So had yet to arrive. He couldn't help but smile as he anticipated her reactions to his presence. He scanned the room and saw that some of the students in the room where former classmates from last semester. They smiled and waved at him and in return, he gave them all a nod of recognition.

 

 

Three girls in the middle row kept glancing at him and giggling. He ignored the flirtatious looks the girls were giving him. He was not interested in them, and he had no intention of encouraging them. Girls like them reminded him too much of Hyuna.

 

 

"Is this seat taken?" asked a woman's voice.

 

 

Jaejoong looked up. He saw a young woman about seventeen or eighteen years old with well-developed s standing beside him. He also noticed her slim waist that was noticeable because of her tight-fitting blouse and low-waist jeans. He quickly assessed her vital statistics as 35-23-30. Though her hair was tied back in a pony tail, he could easily guess that it reached down to her waist.

 

 

The girl was also a beauty. If he would rank her beauty among the women he had met, she would be eight or even nine out of ten. He only gave ten to human girls that also possessed intelligence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He shook his head to answer her question.

 

 

"You are Kim Jaejoong, right?" she inquired after sitting beside him.

 

 

He nodded. He groaned inward. The girl was obviously one of those girls who had heard of him and had developed a crush on him. She offered a handshake.

 

 

"I'm Dara," she introduced herself. This girl certainly had guts. Most girls in this country were too timid to actually talk to the guys they liked.

 

 

Jaejoong gave her a smile and shook her hand, but he was also hoping for the arrival of Mrs. So to stop the girl from further flirting with him. The girl continued staring at him as if he was the only person in the world.

 

 

"You don't remember me?" She smiled. She had perfect white teeth, not one tooth was crooked. was also perfectly shaped, and her lips were light pink in color though she used no lipstick.

 

 

"If we were classmates last semester, I would definitely remember you. But if we only met briefly in the corridors or in the library, you must forgive me if I have forgotten our meeting."

 

 

"What if I do this?" she said as she touched his left cheek.

 

 

Jaejoong felt the warmth of her hand. He stared at her intently. She did look familiar. But something seemed different. Did she had a nose lift or was something done to her lips?

 

 

"Sorry about burning your cheek," she whispered. "I was still sleepy during that time and I wasn't able to control my fire magic."

 

 

Jaejoong's eyes bulged out as he finally recognized the young woman! He started swearing. But discovered he couldn't get any of his words out of his mouth.

 

 

"Dara...You are the Andaryad!" he finally managed to blurt out.

 

 

"Yes. It is my name." Dara took back her hand. "But I don't really understand why they have to put the word 'the' in front of my name like its some sort of honorific title. Can you just call me Dara or Andaryad without the word 'the'? That sounds so silly." She continued smiling.

 

 

Jaejoong was out of words. When she again tried to touch his face, he quickly grabbed her arm to stop her.

 

 

"Thankfully, there are healers among Yabu's companions, and they managed to heal your burn immediately," she said matter of factly.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" he said crossly. Some of their classmates turned their eyes toward them. His loud voice was starting to attract the attention of everyone.

 

 

"Studying," was her casual reply. "I am a transferee student here. I also enrolled on all of your subjects this semester so, we could become classmates and seatmates till the end of the school year." Her eyes shone with mischief.

 

 

Jaejoong didn't ask how she managed to get herself enrolled in the university without any prior school records. She was the Andaryad after all and creating fake school records would be very easy for her.

 

 

Jaejoong was both puzzled and worried. The university was located in the middle of Busan. And there was pollution everywhere! Pollution that could weaken or kill any Siesmyre if they stayed too long.

 

 

"Are you sure you should be here?"

 

 

"Yes. This is exactly where I need to be. I have lain in slumber for a long time. And the best way for me to learn about this new world is to study everything I could about it, right?" She took out a pen and a notebook from her backpack and placed them on her desk.

 

 

Jaejoong wasn't sure whether he should be afraid or angry at the Andaryad. Should he start running away from her or give her a piece of his mind? Saying sorry for burning him wasn't enough for him to simply forget or forgive what she did to him!

 

 

Jaejoong soon found out that he couldn't get rid of the Andaryad. After their class with Mrs. So, she started following him everywhere! She sat beside him in all of his morning classes and even accompanied him wherever he went.

 

 

"Stop following me!" Jaejoong finally blurted. "People might start thinking you are my girlfriend!"

 

 

She ran her eyes up and down his body. Jaejoong felt like he was being stripped off his clothes.

 

 

"You are not bad looking. No one would laugh at me if you do become my boyfriend," she commented, her eyes gleaming.

 

 

He began walking faster. But it was no use. Dara was able to keep up with him. Something was not right. His gut was telling him the presence of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter