CHAPTER 74

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Junki and Bae Yong Jun had finally finished writing the agreement that would require both Lightside and Midnight to prepare a squadron of fighters from each side in case Yang Hyun Suk's powers were unleashed in the world of humans. Yang Hyun Suk's powers might consume and control other humans and thus create chaos. Midnight would take care of humans who veered toward evil while Lightside would save the souls of the good ones. These squadrons would also try to minimize the calamities that would surely ensure with the release of Yang Hyun Suk's powers.

 

 

       Junki thought he could at least breathe for a while as they waited for the inevitable. But he now faced another problem. Junki had always been allergic to kids. He avoided anyone younger than thirteen years old like a plague. He had no patience to take care of children or even try to understand what they wanted or what they were saying. Children to him were like aliens he had no interest of ever socializing with. Because of this, he was careful whenever he had relationships with women. He had no intention of fathering a child. One of his recurring nightmares was the sudden appearance of a child at his doorstep and calling him daddy.

 

 

       He took every precaution available. Especially when he would take a human woman as a lover. Fathering a child was never part of his plan, and having a sondom child would be akin to being cursed for life! He had seen all the hardships and misfortunes that befell a Midnight employee who fathered a sondom. Those half‑human, half‑demon spawns were the bane of Midnight employees. Every time a sondom broke a rule, his demon parent would suffer dire consequences.

 

 

       So, on that clear, lovely morning, Junki found himself spouting curses and obscenities when he found two babies on the terrace of his condominium unit in London!

 

 

       "What the ing is this?!" It was his vacation! And he did everything possible to hide himself from everyone to be able to enjoy a blissful vacation. Only one person was ever able to disturb his well‑earned vacation. Suspicion suddenly crept inside him.

 

 

       He stared at the two babies. Both were wrapped in blankets. One was clearly a girl who had green eyes and the other one, a boy with blue eyes. The two looked like normal human children.

 

 

       But when Junki used a revealing spell to see what kind of creatures the two really were, he once again lapsed into curses and profanities. He backed away from the children.

 

 

       "!" he cursed. One of his fears had finally come true!

 

 

       An idea suddenly popped out of his head. It was simple. He would just have to throw the children out of his terrace! These children must die! But then, based on what he had discovered, these children could just bounce off the pavement and come back again to his terrace!

 

 

       Another idea came to him. He could use these children to further his own career and ambition! If he would make them believe he was their father...

      

 

But he was allergic to kids!

 

 

       But then again, he could hire a nanny for the two...

 

 

       His mind stopped thinking of plans and schemes when he felt himself being watched and studied. The children's eyes were focused on him! Their eyes looked old, and they seemed to see through him!

 

 

       He backed away from them until he reached his open French windows. He was never a coward. But there's just something about how these babies were staring at him with their old, knowing eyes that invoked fear in him.

      

 

He took a deep breath. Reminded himself that he was Marquis Junki! He was the ambassador for Midnight Corp. and also head of the Armistice Department! And soon, after finishing all those pesky rituals would become an official prince! He could face without fear any prince or even a member of the Dark Council. And though it wasn't his style to get involved in duels and fights, he had enough strength and powers to beat the crap out of anyone stupid enough to dare challenge him in physical combat.

 

 

       He took a step toward the children. He had completely disregarded his plan of taking care of the babies and acting as their father. His survival instinct was clearly telling him to reject such plans. These children would ruin his reputation and life! He was very sure of that. Once these children grew up, they would bring chaos anywhere they went, and he would definitely be dragged into it!

 

 

       He suddenly remembered the private deal he made with Bae Yong Jun during their dinner on top of the Empire State Building in New York. It seemed the day had finally come to remind Bae Yong Jun about that deal.

 

 

       He entered his condo, grabbed his cell phone and called the Lightside Ambassador's private line. He kept his eyes on the two children on his terrace. His eyebrow rose when the children began laughing as if sharing a private joke!

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun as usual was cranky.

 

 

       "What is it this time, Junki? We had just reached a settlement regarding your latest petition! Don't tell me you want to change something again?"

 

 

       "Come to my condo, right now."

 

 

       "When did you have the authority to order me around?"

 

 

       "This is an emergency!"

 

 

       "What kind of emergency?"

 

 

       "I can't tell you on the phone. Others may be listening. I am not sure if my phone is being tapped. But you need to see this. This has something to do with Lightside and Midnight. And as the Midnight Ambassador, I am telling you to come to my condo for an emergency meeting!" he forcefully insisted.

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun sighed.

 

 

       "Where is your condo?"

 

 

       "London. I'll put a beacon so you can easily find my place."

      

 

 

       A few seconds later, Junki heard the flutter of two pairs of wings on his terrace. It was soon followed by a loud shout of fear and disbelief.

 

 

       " Junki, what is this?!" demanded Bae Yong Jun's loud voice.

 

 

       Junki had left the children on the terrace. He wasn't crazy to pick up the children and bring them inside his home. He wanted nothing to do with them.

 

 

       He went out to the terrace. As expected, he saw Bae Yong Jun's faithful assistant, JoongKi, accompanying him. JoongKi was in shock. His jaw had dropped and had remained open as he continued to stare at the two children.

 

 

       "That is obviously a problem. Our problem, Bae Yong Jun," Junki answered the ambassador's question.

 

 

       "I have nothing to do with this!" protested Bae Yong Jun. "These children were brought to your house. Which means, whoever did this purposely chose you."

 

 

       "I have nothing to do with these children! I am also allergic to their kind! But you don't seem to mind them since you are able to tolerate your assistant." He glanced at JoongKi. JoongKi had often used the form of a ten‑year‑old boy. The Seraph had regained his composure, but he still couldn't take his eyes off the children.

 

 

       "Sir," JoongKi began as he began pointing at the children. "He has the aura of a demon and the girl, she has an angelic spirit!"

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun's golden eyes stared hard at Junki.

 

 

       "What have you done, Junki?" There was an accusatory tone in the Lightside Ambassador's voice.

 

 

       "What are you talking about? I am simply enjoying a quiet weekend. I went out to my terrace to feel the cold air and found these creatures here!" he said, greatly offended by the insinuations.

 

 

       "It is impossible that these children just happened to be on your terrace. They were brought here for a reason."

 

 

       "Whatever it is, I have no idea."

 

 

       "The boy is a demon!" Bae Yong Jun pointed out.

 

 

       "And the girl is an angel!" he quickly retorted.

 

 

       "Angels don't have green eyes," Bae Yong Jun reminded him.

 

 

       Their argument was interrupted by JoongKi's loud shout. They both turned toward the Seraph. But they quickly stepped back in unison when they realized why JoongKi shouted.

 

 

       The two children were floating! Before Junki could utter a word, the children launched like rockets toward them. One hit Bae Yong Jun on the chest. Junki put out his hands to catch the one heading toward him!

 

 

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter