CHAPTER 45

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

The celebration party for the foundation anniversary of the University of Busan was set to begin at seven in the evening. Jaejoong expected to see the whole campus ablaze with lights like a carnival. Colored light strings would be everywhere making the place look festive.

 

 

He was right. But something else made him stop walking after entering the gates of the university. Thousands of flowers could be seen all over the campus! Every tree, shrub and plants inside the university were blooming! Even those that weren't supposed to have flowers were blooming. Their various colors and sweet scents were everywhere. The campus looked like a beautiful garden!

 

 

He turned to Dara. She was the only one capable of doing something like this. She had turned their house once into a jungle so turning the whole campus into a garden was quite possible with her powers.

 

 

"I told you, I was the one in charge of the decorations," she said with pride. "And the best decorations for a party like this are the natural beauty of flowers. I was inspired by the cherry blossoms festival in Japan. Every time those trees bloom, everyone would have a party under the branches of the flowering trees."

 

 

"How could you explain this to people?" he whispered. "The only way for this to become possible is through magic. Do you plan on revealing to the world the truth about the Siesmyres?"

 

 

"If that happens, we would never be left in peace. Everyone would be searching for us, asking for wishes. The Leprechauns would definitely be the first ones to get harassed by gold-seeking people," she said as she gently tapped his arm. "The Siesmyres must always remain a mystery and just part of people's imagination. Do you know that we have a special group that makes sure that our presence would remain a secret to humans?" she said softly.

 

 

"Big celebrations like this would certainly attract the attention of media. Pictures and videos of these flowers would soon be all over the net and everyone would start asking how this became possible. The media people would be relentless in searching for the truth as to how this became possible. You cannot stop them-"

 

 

"And I have no intention of stopping them," Dara said, full of confidence. "Because, I have a logical explanation prepared for all of them." She raised her arm and waved toward a group of students near the gate.

 

 

A guy dressed in a striped shirt that Jaejoong quickly recognized as Seho approached them. He was smiling while holding several flyers. Jaejoong quickly noticed the title in bold letters on each of the flyers. The Flowers of the University of Busan.

 

"Dara, Jaejoong! You two look like the perfect couple!" he praised them

 

 

"Seho, can you explain to this guy," Dara pointed at Jaejoong, "the reason why every trees and plants are blooming tonight? He thinks it's magic!"

 

 

Seho laughed.

 

 

"It's not magic, Jaejoong. It's science."

 

 

"Science?" He glanced at Dara.

 

 

"Courtesy of the College of Agriculture," added Seho.

 

 

"They are the ones who made this possible?" Jaejoong was incredulous.

 

 

"In a way. But this was all Dara's idea."

 

 

"I got the idea from flower and tree growers," interjected Dara. "They would spray phosphorous fertilizers to plants and trees to induce their flowering. Did you know that the flowering of the mango trees were often the result of such fertilizers?"

 

 

"The geniuses in the College of Agriculture made these sprays more potent," explained Seho. "Because of what they did, instead of having to wait for several days before the plants and trees start flowering, they made it possible for the flowers to appear a day after they received the special fertilizer. Yesterday, the gardeners sprayed all the trees and plants in the campus using the fertilizer, and as you can see, the result is quite beautiful and magical. All of them are blooming!" He spread out his arms and proudly showed off the flowers all around them.

 

 

Despite this logical explanation, Jaejoong had a suspicion that the College of Agriculture would never again be able to replicate the formula for this fertilizer. The only reason the fertilizer became so effective was because of Dara's magic.

 

 

"The fertilizers used though are still in its experimental stage. The College of Agriculture still has to get a patent for this. But after the result tonight, I don't think they would have a hard time getting that patent. A lot of them would become rich once the fertilizer they invented becomes available for commercial use." Seho gave Jaejoong one of the flyers. "The rest of the scientific jargon and explanation is written there. I can't promise you though that it would make sense to you. I myself can't understand a thing." He laughed.

 

 

"How is the food?" Jaejoong asked to change the subject.

 

 

"The food came on time! And every college offers a different kind of food. So, if you are interested in junk foods, head down to the College of Engineering. Vegetarian food is in the College of Medicine." He started walking away to greet the other students and guests entering the gate. "I have to go now, guys, I have a lot of things to do."

 

 

"So, tell me about this fertilizer?" Jaejoong whispered to his wife.

 

 

"Everything that Seho told you was true with the exception that I secretly added magic in the chemical formula to make a very effective fertilizer," she admitted.

 

 

"And the free food? How did you manage to secure them?"

 

 

"I used my own money to pay for the 100 caterers."

 

 

"One hundred... Did the Finder Unit have something to do with these caterers?" The Finder Unit of the Siesmyres had exactly one hundred members.

 

 

"The Finders helped me in finding the best and the cheapest caterers. And with their skill, it didn't take them long to list the phones and addresses of these talented cooks. Of course, the members of the student council had to make the calls and the arrangements."

 

 

Jaejoong looked around the campus. He was impressed to see how well organized the celebration was. Even security was tight. Volunteer students and even real policemen where handling the security.

 

 

"How come, every member of the student council and the heads of every colleges are so busy while you're not?" he teased his wife.

 

 

"I masterminded all of this! And as a leader, I simply delegated the work and the duties to those who are most capable for the job."

 

 

"As President of the Student Council, you should be managing them," he continued.

 

 

"Why should I? I have already given the management of this event to a professional group. They are quite adept at handling big parties and celebrations. Sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter