CHAPTER 8

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A woman's voice screaming for help awakened Jaejoong from his sleep. He noticed that snow had begun falling. He rose and brushed off the snow that had covered his body. He again heard the voice calling for help. It wasn't part of his dream. But how could that be? It was impossible for any human to come to this part of the mountains. They wouldn't be able to survive the cold, and there's no way up to this side of the mountain unless one could fly.

 

 

The cry for help continued. Could it be someone did manage to climb up here? Or was there a plane crash? The woman could be among the survivors. Naah, impossible. The winds up here would prevent choppers from climbing and planes didn't fly on this part of the Himalayas.

 

 

His curiosity soon got the better of him so he headed to the direction of the voice. He had read once that there were also magical creatures living in cold places. They were sometimes called snow fairies. Maybe the woman belonged to these creatures. And since he had nothing else to do and he could possibly help her, he might as well find her.

 

 

Jaejoong quickly tracked down the owner of the voice. Her long hair was of the blackest color and it stood out amidst the glaring whiteness of the surroundings, enabling Jaejoong to easily locate her. She wasn't human, though she looked like one. She had skin as pale as the snow around her.

 

 

When he finally reached her, he discovered half her body was buried under a large piece of boulder. Using his strength, he pushed the boulder off her. He was surprised to find that the woman was not wearing any clothes!

 

 

"Are you alright?" he asked.

 

 

She raised her face. He was temporarily mesmerized by her unearthly beauty. Her skin, was pale yet, her cheeks appeared flushed. Her dark round eyes stared directly at him. A smile formed from her bluish lips before her hand reached out and grabbed one of his arms, pulling him toward her face. He felt her inhuman strength and the coldness of her skin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I want to thank you. But I still need help. I would need to get back my strength by using your own!" opened and Jaejoong felt her icy breath. That breath turned to mist that reached out to him and entered his mouth. He felt a freezing coldness inside his body.

 

 

If Jaejoong was a normal man, he would have become a frozen icicle by now. The mist left his body and went back to the woman's mouth.

 

 

Her smile faded as he remained standing and unaffected.

 

 

"You are not an ordinary man! You should be dead by now! Frozen!" she exclaimed.

 

 

"Sorry to disappoint you." His warm blood had kept the woman's magic from affecting him. "If my memory serves me right, you are a yuki-onna? A snow demon?" he inquired.

 

 

"Who are you?" She began backing away from him. A thick mist covered her momentarily before it transformed into a white kimono that wrapped around her body.

 

 

"Just a half-demon," he introduced himself.

 

 

Fear crept into the woman's dark eyes. When two demons meet and one was stronger than the other, the stronger one would usually kill the weak one and absorbed his power. The yuki-onna had clearly miscalculated into thinking that Jaejoong was a weak human.

 

 

"C'mon, if I wanted you dead so I could take your powers, you would be dead by now. I would not have allowed you to absorb my strength a moment ago. I am not like other Midnight employees. I don't fight weak opponents."

 

 

"What do you want from me?" she said uneasily.

 

 

Jaejoong eyebrow shot up.

 

 

"You were the one who called me, remember? I only came here to help you. If I had recognized you as a yuki-onna, I would not have bothered helping you. Since it is clear this was a trap for stupid men."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter