CHAPTER 33

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you going to cry if he dies?" Countess Hyori asked matter-of-factly as she comfortably sat behind her table and looked at Dara.

 

 

Dara was currently using her eighteen-year-old human-girl form. She would have preferred to go into Midnight in her true form, but Countess Hyori was worried that work in the Midnight headquarters could suddenly cease because all the employees would start gawking at Dara like curious and adoring movie fans. Dara had learned that as the mysterious Andaryad of the Siesmyre, she had caught the attention and fancy of most Midnight employees. Her green form was well known all over Midnight.

 

 

Siesmyres, like any Lightside or Midnight employee, had two forms. But Dara never bothered to use her human form before until she met Jaejoong. Assuming her human form would make her unrecognizable to Midnight employees. Countess Hyori thus requested that Dara used her human form so only a few people would know about her presence inside Midnight headquarters.

 

 

Dara forced herself to look away from the TV monitor and turned her attention to the countess. Part of her couldn't bear to watch Jaejoong's fate but another part was afraid that if she looked away, he would die. Several thousand volts of electricity were currently running through Jaejoong's whole body as Count Kush's trident pierced his stomach.

 

 

 

 

 

Blood was continuously dripping from the injuries in Jaejoong's body. The TV had no sound, but Dara could almost hear Jaejoong screaming from the pain that wracked his body.

 

 

Prince Teddy would soon reach Jaejoong and Count Kush's location. The Prince would have the honor to deliver the final blow that would finally erase Jaejoong's existence. Dara couldn't decide if she wanted to watch Jaejoong die or allow the continuation of his torture in the hands of Count Kush.

 

 

Jaejoong had succeeded in separating the two hunters when they arrived on the moon. But whatever was Jaejoong's plan, it failed because he wasn't able to defeat Count Kush and had now become the subject of the count's well-known skills in torture.

 

 

Part of Dara wanted to be angry at Jaejoong. She had given him the right to use the Finders to aid him in his fight. But he had chosen to leave all of them on earth and proceeded to the moon with only Yabu by his side. The Finders were much more powerful together than as individuals!

 

 

She wasn't sure if it was pride or concern to the weak-looking Finders that made Jaejoong decide not to involve them in his fight against Count Kush and Prince Teddy. Whatever it was, she would never accept it!

 

 

A sudden thought crossed her mind. It was about the last message she sent to Jaejoong.

 

 

 

She turned cold. She meant that as a joke! If one of the Finders got hurt or died, the only part of Jaejoongs body she would cut off were his hair and his nails! Did Jaejoong really think she would really hurt him?

 

 

Countess Hyori's voice brought her back to the present.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's possible that what we are seeing right now isn't really Jaejoong but his double. Another illusion he created. He had done it before during his fight with Prince Bumsoo, right? And his illusions have become much more powerful since it was also able to fool Prince Bumsoo and cause his death."

 

 

Dara was surprised upon hearing such words from the countess. The Siesmyres had done everything to perpetuate the belief that Prince Bumsoo's death was indeed caused by a holy weapon.

 

 

"Don't be surprised that I know the truth, Dara. I am very good at finding the truth." The countess smiled. "You have nothing to worry about. I won't tell anyone about that secret."

 

 

Dara wanted to believe that the Jaejoong being tortured on the TV screen was just an illusion. But Count Kush and Prince Teddy were both intelligent. They wouldn't be easily fooled by an illusion like Prince Bumsoo. And the only reason Jaejoong's illusion worked on Duke Xin was because of the Finders' help.

 

 

When the demon hunters first arrived on the moon, Jaejoong welcomed them with a powerful illusion in the form of an avalanche of rocks. The illusion looked so real to everyone watching including Dara and Countess Hyori until the demon hunters ignored it and continued walking through the hurtling rocks.

 

 

It was clear that Prince Teddy and Count Kush could not be fooled by Jaejoong's illusions even if it had fooled most of those watching the event.

 

 

Jaejoong's plan had failed, and it had resulted to his dire situation in the hands of Count Kush.

 

 

"No. I don't think what we are seeing right now is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter