CHAPTER 11

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong easily found the Andaryad by using the magic pebble. It was inside a laboratory in the basement of the Shu Chen University. Whatever spell or magic was used to hide the Andaryad from human eyes seemed to have completely disappeared. Every human inside the large laboratory was looking at the Andaryad's sarcophagus. Just like what its name implied, the sarcophagus was a huge, white block of stone. It was also giving a greenish glow.

 

 

The humans around it were scientists. It was obvious from their physical features that this was an international group. The discovery of the Andaryad had obviously sparked a lot of interest in the science community. And when it came to science, race and country held no meaning.

 

 

The Andaryad was carefully and meticulously being studied by a team of international scientists. The large sarcophagus measuring ten feet tall and fifteen feet wide remained a mystery to the humans. It was currently enclosed inside a glass container. Several wires were also attached to the sarcophagus.

 

 

"Comrades," said a female Russian scientist, "we have done all possible tests we could do. The x-rays, ultrasound and all other equipments we tried to see what is inside this stone remained useless!" Her voice showed her frustration. "The only thing left for us to do is to open it using our lasers. We have gotten small samples from this rock using a laser, so it will also be easy for our lasers to open this stone and see what is really inside it!"

 

 

That suggestion sparked a lot of heated debates and discussions among the group. Some agreed with the Russian, but others disagreed with her. But it was clear everyone was interested to find out the source of the green glow and what was really inside the sarcophagus.

 

 

Jaejoong being invisible was ignored by the scientists. He approached the glass enclosure of the sarcophagus. He tried to determine the weight of the Andaryad and concluded that he could easily carry it. The only problem would be how to carry it. He could tie a rope around it so he could carry it or he could simply hoist it above his head and support it with his two hands.

 

 

The problem with using a rope was in finding a strong enough rope that could support the weight of the Andaryad. What if the rope suddenly broke during his flight and the Andaryad went crashing down to the ground? The Siesmyres would never pay him for this job, and they would definitely be angry at him! It seemed his best choice would be to carry the sarcophagus with his own hands.

 

 

The large trapdoor in the room next to the laboratory was obviously the one used to get the sarcophagus into the basement before. The doors and stairs as well as the elevator that was used by the staff of the laboratory were too small to allow the sarcophagus passage.

 

 

The next problem would be the commotion that a floating piece of rock would create among the citizens of the city. With his powers, Jaejoong could remain invisible for some time, but his invisibility could only be extended two feet around him. The sarcophagus was too large to be affected by his invisibility. Helicopters and jets could easily follow the sarcophagus no matter where he carried it to.

 

 

That's not good!

 

 

Using a truck to deliver the Andaryad to the Siesmyres would also be problematic. It would be impossible to navigate a huge truck in the streets of Beijing with all its traffic jams while being pursued by the police and military. All those hundreds of cars, trucks, motorcycles and bicycles would hamper the speed of the truck. His pursuers would easily catch up to him.

 

 

If only his powers of illusion could affect everyone, he could create a diversion that would get the attention of all as he slipped away with the Andaryad. Unfortunately, his illusion was limited only to one person. He could only make one person believe in the illusions he created, the rest, would see the truth.

 

 

Jaejoong set aside such wishful thinking and concentrated on the job at hand. He and Yabu had decided that once he got hold of the Andaryad, he would take it straight away to the Han Jhun Forest Preserve. The protected forest was several miles from Beijing, and the trees and forests there had managed to keep the air pollution-free. Yabu and some of the Siesmyres would be waiting there for him to take the Andaryad off his hands. It was a simple plan.

 

 

The Elders and Yabu should also have a place ready where they could hide the Andaryad from the humans after he had delivered it. He need not concerned himself with that. His job would be over after he had handed the Andaryad to the Siesmyres.

 

 

His thoughts turned to the attention and disturbance a flying rock would create. Midnight Corp. would certainly be displeased by one of its employees' disregard of protocol and rules regarding the show of powers in front of humans. There would be consequences for him.

 

 

But this was not the time to worry about those consequences. He left the arguing scientists and proceeded to the trapdoor. He pulled down the lever that opens the trapdoor. The noise of metal against metal due to the opening of the large trapdoor in the ceiling would certainly get the attention of students above the basement laboratory.

 

 

He then ran back to the lab, smashed the glass enclosure and hoisted the sarcophagus above his head. The arguments between the scientists halted. Everyone became quiet and stood stock-still as the sarcophagus began to rise from the floor.

 

 

Someone gasp while most of the scientists' jaws dropped as the sarcophagus began to fly out of the room seemingly on its own.

 

 

Jaejoong controlled his laughter as he went past the stricken scientists. Their intelligent minds were probably grasping for some logical reason and answer to what they were seeing. He was already out of the lab when he heard the first shouts.

 

 

"It's flying out of the lab!" exclaimed one Chinese scientist.

 

 

"Stop it!" screamed a French-accented voice.

 

 

Jaejoong ignored all of them and proceeded to the now fully-opened trapdoor. Several of the university's students were now curiously peering down the trapdoor. Jaejoong started running to gain momentum for his lift-off. He felt like a weightlifter trying to jump while carrying tons of weight. He wasn't expecting the sarcophagus to be this heavy!

 

 

Jaejoong discovered earlier when he was infiltrating the lab that armed military guards were placed outside the building. There were also security personnel on every door to the lab. But since the trapdoor could only be opened from the inside, there were no security men in this part of the lab before.

 

 

But now, several security guards had began rushing to the lab due to the noises and commotions but were unable to do anything to stop the sarcophagus as it suddenly shot up through the opened trapdoor.

 

 

Jaejoong quickly flew above the university. He couldn't help but give a shout of triumph. A shout that got several curious students surprised as they continued to watch the flying stone.

 

 

He quickly proceeded to the direction of the Han Jhun forest. Normal flight would take him at least thirty minutes before he reached the forest. He could fly faster than the speed of sound, but that could affect the Andaryad. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter