CHAPTER 86

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       The Treaty between Midnight and Lightside specifically stated that both companies couldn't spy or send their own employees into their realms without any proper permit and papers. When the Information Network of Lightside (INL) and Midnight Information Bureau (MIB) were formed, another amendment was added in the Treaty. The amendment stated that INL couldn't take videos or broadcast any activities happening inside Midnight Realm, the same prohibition also applied to MIB in regards to activities inside Lightside Realm. Though sometimes, to Lightside's chagrin, MIB would find ways to bend the rules to see what was happening inside the realm of Lightside. This bending of rules led to more amendments in the Treaty to further prevent MIB from encroaching inside Lightside's Realm.

 

 

       But on this particular occasion, a special permit was issued to INL by the Midnight Corporation to link‑up with the live-video feed of MIB. For the first time in history, every Lightside employee would be able to watch the Challenger Test inside Midnight's Realm.

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun and Junki had agreed that it would be to the best interest of both companies that they be made aware not only of the outcome of the test but of the live tests being held. Lightside would see Yang Hyun Suk's strength and weakness during the challenge and be better prepared to take him down if he won and once again assumed the throne of Midnight. Neither of the companies wanted Yang Hyun Suk back in power.

 

 

       Today was the second challenge called Immitis. Everyone thought Jaejoong would forfeit this challenge and give the win to Yang Hyun Suk. The odds were after all against him winning this challenge. Only the most ruthless and heartless demons ever won the Immitis. Jaejoong was a lot of things but never that.

 

 

       "What was he thinking?" commented JoongKi when Jaejoong suddenly showed up in their TV screen. The forty feet by twenty feet wide TV was back again in Bae Yong Jun's office. JoongKi brought it so they could watch all of Jaejoong's fights.

 

 

       "Daddy!" shouted Jade as she pointed her small forefinger toward the screen. She was sitting on Bae Yong Jun's desk wearing a pink dress. Bae Yong Jun had asked the Equipment and Supplies department to provide her with clothes since she only had her blanket when she was bound to Bae Yong Jun. Her hair, which had begun to grow, was kept in place by the white ribbon JoongKi had given her. But it wasn't just JoongKi who had started giving gifts to Jade. Every once in a while, an angel would drop by Bae Yong Jun's office and leave something for Jade.

 

 

       She was clearly being welcomed into Lightside. The Board of Directors were hoping to officially claim her as one of Lightside's employees once she turned twenty‑one or assumed that age. In human years, Jade was only three month's old. Yet her mind was as old as time and she could now speak, though not yet fluently. If she would be like her mother and grandmother, she could become an adult before the year ends. Siesmyres grew up in leaps and bounds. They would be a baby one minute and then in the blink of an eye, assumed the form of a child, a teenager and then an adult. There was no gradual growing process.

 

 

       Jade though hadn't yet warped into a toddler or a child. She still had the form of a baby. But a baby who could walk, climb, jump, and do whatever a toddler was capable of doing as well as use computers. As for her becoming a Lightside employee, Bae Yong Jun highly doubted it. She was born to become the protector of the Siesmyres. And if she was anything like her mother, she would clearly choose the path destined for her than something offered by Lightside.

 

 

       "Grandpa, that's Daddy!" Jade turned toward Bae Yong Jun.

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun simply nodded. He never taught Jade to call him grandpa, but the moment she started speaking, she began calling him grandpa. JoongKi on the other hand, remained JoongKi to her.

 

 

       "Sshhh!" JoongKI silenced the baby. "We can't hear the voice over if you continue talking."

 

 

       Jade pursed her lips, but she kept quiet. Her green eyes turned toward the TV.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter