CHAPTER 66

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

      

 

 

       Uluru-Kata Tjuta, Australia

      

 

 

       Lee Jongsuk had always known he was no ordinary man. He believed that he was born for greatness, and a much higher destiny awaited him than the people around him. But only now, in front of the excavated cave, did he really felt alive and saw his true purpose in life before him.

      

 

He had been waiting for this moment all his life. Now, he could reach out and grasp the power that belonged to him!

      

 

"Leave me alone!" he ordered the workers who labored for days to find this cave. The cave was hidden between the two natural rock formations also known as sandstone monoliths. The aboriginal tribe, Pitjantjatjara, believed that these sandstone monoliths were built by their ancestors and the place where they stood were sacred.

      

 

Lee Jongsuk could definitely feel the holiness of the place. It took him several months of bribing and convincing the authorities to allow him to have an archeological dig in the Uluru‑Kata Tjuta National Park.

      

 

And now, after several weeks of searching, he had finally found the relic that had been calling to him since he set foot on the Australian continent.

 

 

       The relic was inside a white wooden box. Holy Scriptures, prayers and maybe incantations to ward off evil were carved all around the box.

 

 

       Lee Jongsuk carefully wiped the soil from the box. He looked for an opening. But the box was solid wood. Yet he knew instinctively that the relic was inside it. None of the workers he paid saw the glow coming out from the box. But he was able to see the faint blue glow.

 

 

       Even now, it was calling to him.

 

 

       He needed to break the box and free the relic. He tried brute force, but it was useless. It didn't even scratch the box. He used a pickaxe and even dynamite. Nothing. The box remained impenetrable. It became clear to him that the box couldn't be opened physically. It's possible that magic or someone magical could open it for him.

 

 

       But whatever it was he needed wasn't in this place. He put the wooden box inside his backpack. What was important now was that he had the box. It didn't matter how many years it would take him to open it. He had a lot of patience in him.

 

 

       Lee Jongsuk smiled. For the first time in his twenty‑nine year's life as Lee Jongsuk, he finally felt fulfilled! He knew that a great future awaited him the moment he opened the box. His smile turned wicked. He would finally have his revenge on all those who had wronged him!

      

 

 

 
      

      

 

 

       Quezon City, Philippines

      

 

 

       Judge Ji JinHee had sworn to be fair and uphold the laws of his country. He never once wavered from his duty. No amount of money could sway him from giving out the justice every defendant who graced his court deserved. Even threats had never stopped him. He was the kind of man who would die for his principles, justice and truth.

 

 

       And because of his high moral compass, he was about to die today.

 

 

       "Say your prayers, judge!" commanded the man holding the .45 caliber gun aimed at Judge JinHee's bowed head.

 

 

       Judge Ji JinHee closed his eyes. He had already said his prayers when the two men abducted him as he left the building where he held his daily court sessions. He had known the moment the case of Alfred Yu landed in his court that his life was in danger.

 

 

       Alfred Yu was a powerful drug lord who had evaded the law for several decades. He would use bribery and threats to evade his captors. The local police were useless against his power and money. His influence on government officials and politicians often gave him protection from the law. The only reason he landed in Judge JinHee's court was because Interpol captured him.

 

 

       The Philippine Government was the first to claim jurisdiction over Alfred Yu since he was a citizen of the country. There were also several warrants of arrest for him for crimes that included drug trafficking and murder. When his case was first raffled, the judge who was lucky to have his case immediately excused himself for health reasons. The second one took an early retirement. Judge Ji JinHee was the third judge to handle Alfred Yu's case.

 

 

       Two weeks before Alfred Yu was to appear in court, Judge Ji JinHee began having prominent visitors in his office. He was shocked and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter