CHAPTER 48

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

The animosity between Dara and Princess Hyori didn't escape Jaejoong’s attention. He wasn't surprised by this. Dara tricked Princess Hyori last year. And though Dara managed to secure for the former her current rank as a princess, it would be impossible for someone like Princess Hyori to simply forget how she was bested by someone she believed was way beneath her.

 

 

"Since you are not going to believe my words, would you then believe the words of Junki?" Dara dared Princess Hyori.

 

 

Both Jaejoong and Junki were startled.

 

 

"Me? I have nothing to say or offer as defense for Jaejoong!" exclaimed Junki.

 

 

"Of course you have a lot to say, Ambassador," Dara said meaningfully.

 

 

"You are mistaken, Dara-"

 

 

"When I asked the Finder Unit to find me evidences that would show Jaejoong’s innocence, they found your collection."

 

 

"C-Collection?" The Midnight Ambassador became uneasy.

 

 

"Your hobby," Dara said firmly.

 

 

"Your side business."

 

 

Junki began to loosen the collar of his shirt. Jaejoong couldn't understand what was happening. But it was clear that Junki did something. As to what, he had no idea.

 

 

"I wasn't planning on sharing this fact in this investigation but Princess Hyori was too meticulous."

 

 

"What is this about, Junki?" inquired Bae Yong Jun.

 

 

A nervous laugh escaped from the Midnight Ambassador.

 

 

"Well, I was just... Jaejoong is after all my employee and as his boss it is my responsibility to make sure that he is performing his job."

 

 

 

Dara put a hand on her hip and stared hard at Junki.

 

 

"Junki has a collection of videos taken from the hidden cameras he put inside our house. And these videos would show that Jaejoong and I were together during those two instances Princess Hyori had pointed out."

 

 

"Junki, show us the videos!" ordered Councilman Soohyuk.

 

 

The Ambassador sighed. But he nodded.

 

 

"Send your Finders to my apartment to get the two videos you need in this investigation."

 

 

"No, every videos you secretly took of Jaejoong would be taken by the Finders," insisted Dara.

 

 

"Sure, why not," Junki said with sarcasm. The beautiful face of the ambassador was now marred by a huge frown.

 

 

After two minutes, two Finders appeared outside the window of the room. Dara opened the glass windows and let the Finders in. One Finder resembled a balloon while the other was a small owl. Each one was carrying a big straw bag. When Dara poured out the contents of the straw bags, several CDs were revealed.

 

 

Dara quickly picked two CDs from the pile and put one after the other in the laptop and began playing the videos. Both videos had the time and date when it was taken. It was also in HD, and the laptop had a Dolby sound system. It was clear Junki only used the best equipment.

 

 

Jaejoong's jaw fell open when he realized what was inside the CDs.

 

 

"Damn it, Junki! What were you thinking! Those were private moments between me and my wife!" he yelled at the Midnight Ambassador.

 

 

"Hey, your videos are bestsellers! Of all my collections, yours were the ones that were always in demand!" Junki quipped.

 

 

"You sold these?"

 

 

"You are very popular with the female employees of Midnight Corp."

 

 

Jaejoong touched his forehead. He was trying to control his temper.

 

 

"Don't worry, Jaejoong, I have already destroyed all the hidden cameras he had installed in our house. And the Finders have collected all of his CD collections about us from his safe," assured Dara.

 

 

It was clear from her demeanor that she wasn't affected by the contents of the CDs. Even when everyone in the room was currently viewing it!

 

 

"Your performances are quite exceptional," praised Junki.

 

 

 "Shut up!" Jaejoong snarled.

 

 

"I have seen enough!" Bae Yong Jun said in exasperation. His face had turned red. The other directors of Lightside were clearly uneasy and chagrined. All of them couldn't look at the monitor of the laptop.

 

 

"Stop the video!" the Lightside Ambassador ordered.

 

 

Dara stopped the video.

 

 

"Now that we have proven beyond reasonable doubt that Jaejoong had nothing to do with all of these killings, I want you all to listen to our theory as to who is the real culprit behind this."

 

 

Everyone's attention turned to Dara.

 

 

"I believe that the one who was perpetuating these crimes and is trying to set-up Jaejoong is an ancient god who now calls himself Kim Soo-hyun."

 

 

Simultaneously, sounds of whispered words and murmurs among the councilmen and directors were heard. Jaejoong also saw the perplexed faces of Junki and Bae Yong Jun. It became clear to Jaejoong that no one among those from Lightside and Midnight knew about the existence of Kim Soo-hyun!

 

 

"And who is this Kim Soo-hyun?" Princess Hyori was the first to voice out her doubt.

 

 

 

"My ancestor," Darea quickly retorted. "And he believed and continually insists that I should become his wife. He would do anything and everything to get rid of Jaejoong."

 

 

 

The meeting with the investigation committee started at midday. When Jaejoong and Dara left the Hilton Hotel, it was already dark. But that darkness was now being pushed away by the morning sun's light. The eastern horizon had begun to lighten.

 

 

The meeting was long and exhausting. But although it had ended, Jaejoong wasn't sure if he should be happy with the results. The members of the committee had unanimously come to a decision.

 

 

"I am hungry! Where are we going to eat, Jaejoong?" asked Dara. She looked happy and excited.

 

 

"You aren't worried by their decision?"

 

 

"They found you innocent. We should celebrate that, right?" She touched his arm.

 

 

"But our plan didn't succeed! They have stopped blaming the copycat killings on me, but they have also instructed me to find Kim Soo-hyunn and bring him to them. If I don't do that, they would declare me guilty again! They have-" He halted. His jaw clenched. He wanted to curse as he suddenly realized what had really just happened!

 

 

"This was really their plan! They purposely blamed me so that I would be forced to solve this problem for them! I was tricked, we were tricked, Dara!"

 

 

"I already had my suspicions even before we went to that meeting. If they really want to blame you for these killings, they wouldn't assign your former guardians as the lead investigators to the case. They definitely knew that Hyesun and Minho had become fond of you and would be too biased for your case."

 

 

"How did they become bias for me? Their reports showed that I was the only possible culprit."

 

 

Dara smiled.

 

 

"Yes it did. But if you also noticed, their reports were very complete and had exact details specially with the time and dates when the killing happened. Despite the different tones of their presentation, both their reports showed the exact time and date up to the hundredth of a second! Those couldn't be disregarded and it was the proof we need. Because of their reports, it was much easier for us to show your exact location and what you were doing during the time when the copycat crimes were being perpetrated. Without their detailed reports, we would have a hard time finding evidences that would give you the perfect alibi. And for the record, I didn't obtain the evidences we presented to the joint committed with just the help of the Finders," she winked.

 

 

"They sent you an advanced copy of their reports?!" Jaejoong exclaimed.

 

 

"No comment." Dara giggled. "All I can say is this, those guardians of yours really cares for you."

 

 

 

Jaejoong found himself smiling for a moment. But his happiness disappeared when he remembered the problem brought by Kim Soo-hyun.

 

 

 

"How could we convince Midnight and Lightside that Kim Soo-hyun is a real be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter