CHAPTER 38

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The observation deck of the Empire State Building was now empty and closed to visitors. But that didn't stop Junki from coming. In fact, he preferred it this way. He had put an invisible wall around the deck to prevent the night guard of the building from noticing the redecorations he had done on the deck. The guard would simply see the empty deck and the view of the city that never sleeps.

 

 

The table and chairs that came from one of the finest restaurant in the city would remain unnoticed. No human eyes would behold the sight of a beautiful and y waitress with a uniform that barely hid her womanly assets.

 

 

Junki watched the view of the city lights below him as he waited for the arrival of his guest. He raised his wrist to glance at his Rolex watch. It was still early. But he knew his guest always came early to their meetings. He glanced back at the elevator doors.

 

 

A familiar sound brought his eyes back to the night sky. To his surprised, he saw his guest flying toward him. He had expected Bae Yong Jun to use the teleportation portals in the elevator.

 

 

As usual, JoongKi was tagging along with the Lightside Ambassador. But the Seraph was way behind as he was having problems with the strong winds tonight.

 

 

"Doing some midnight exercise?" Junki teased the Lightside Ambassador as he alighted in front of the prepared dining table.

 

 

"Are we lovers having a date?" Bae Yong Jun said sarcastically as he stared in contempt at the table.

 

 

"C'mon, grandpa! When will you ever show appreciation for the preparations and detail I do for our meetings? You always come to our meetings in a fighting mood. Just because we belong to different sides, we need not always be meeting in battlegrounds. We are ambassadors! We deserve good food, good wine and the best view in the city!" He opened his arms to encompass the city below them. He silently signaled his beautiful assistant, Nana, currently wearing a see-through waitress uniform, to start serving wine and food.

 

 

Bae Yong Jun settled himself on one of the chairs. Joongki remained standing behind him. He also took out his iPad from his pack bag, ready to record this meeting in video form.

 

 

Nana approached them bringing one of the finest wines in Junki's collection. She carefully filled two tall wine glasses for Junki and Bae Yong Jun.

 

 

"According to a recent survey, this wine, the Domaine Romanée-Conti is the best- tasting wine in the world! This would suit us perfectly for our celebration," Junki announced.

 

 

 

"Celebration?" One of Bae Yong Jun 's eyebrows rose. "I thought Midnight Corp. was having some sort of coup d' etat in their departments because a lot of heads were replaced."

 

 

"Ah yes. We at Midnight Corp. have finally started embracing feminism," he chuckled.

 

 

"And you are happy with this? Your competitions to your rise in rank have increased."

 

 

"I believe in my own skill and capacity to rise among the ranks of Midnight, grandpa. And at the right time, I will definitely get what I have always wanted." And because Jaejoong was still alive, Junki's contract with the half-demon remained his secret weapon he would unleash when the right time arrived.

 

 

"You don't resent Princess Hyori's quick rise to rank? She had bypassed y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter