CHAPTER 34

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong created the illusion of the avalanche of boulders for two reasons. The first was to discover if he could fool the two hunters with his illusion the way he was able to fool Duke Xin. He quickly discovered that his illusions were useless to the two hunters.

 

 

The second reason was to find out and witness Prince Teddy's power that crushed objects from a distance. To be able to do this, he included a real moon boulder among the illusions and pushed this boulder toward the prince.

 

 

The prince instantly reacted when he saw the real boulder. Before the boulder could even get near him, it exploded into pieces. But Jaejoong managed to see the truth of the prince's powers! Maybe it was because of the direct light from the sun that enabled Jaejoong to see Prince Teddy's secret power. But he literally saw how Prince Teddy crushed things. An invisible hand-like appendage emerged from Prince Teddy's chest, reached out and crushed the boulder. The appendage could extend itself to the length of ten meters. The hand though appeared translucent in Jaejoong's eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

Yabu disproved Jaejoong's first theory about the effect of direct sunlight because Yabu wasn't able to see the appendage. As Jaejoong thought about this, the only answer possible was it was his eyes that enabled him to see something invisible to the eyes of everyone. He wasn't sure if he had always possessed this ability or it was the new power that everyone was saying he would acquire.

 

 

He had no time to think of such things right now. But because of this new ability, he proceeded to the next step of his hastily hatched plan. To separate the two demon hunters.

 

 

He needed Yabu's help for this plan to work. Yabu, as he finally found out, belonged to the clan of the Ectors. Most Siesmyres had two forms, but the Ectors could shapeshift into the likeness of anything or anyone given enough time and practice. The Ectors needed enough time to train themselves when trying to copy the detailed likeness of their target but Jaejoong only needed Yabu to copy his size and form so the Finder didn't need much time to train and practice.

 

 

Jaejoong's plan involved making Count Kush and Prince Teddy feel the presence of two beings. Yabu's presence had remained hidden since he had been using his invisibility powers since they landed on the moon. The moment Yabu finally showed his presence in Jaejoong's form and size, the two demon hunters were forced to separate to run after each of the detected presence because they couldn't distinguish which was the real Jaejoong.

 

 

Prince Teddy chose to follow Yabu while Count Kush had chosen Jaejoong. Jaejoong would have preferred that Prince Teddy pursued him since he was the stronger of the two. Jaejoong would rather fight the prince now when he still had all his strength rather than after he had fought Count Kush. But his plans didn't work out the way he wanted it to.

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong managed to reach the mountain range called Montes Appenninus and landed on Mons Hyugens, the tallest mountain in the moon. He never forgot the mountain's name and location because it was one of the questions in his high school exam he answered wrong. He had already submitted his test papers when he realized that the question was about the highest point in the moon and not the highest mountain! And since he never forgot any of his mistakes, Mons Hyugens had been etched in his mind.

 

 

It was on the side of this mountain that Count Kush was able to corner Jaejoong. Count Kush's trident pinned Jaejoong on its rocky side. Jaejoong thought he was prepared to take the pain from the trident because he had already survived a similar pain from Sean's spear. He was right. Both holy weapons and dark weapons gave the same level of pain. But he wasn't prepared for the thousands of electric volts that coursed through his body. He found himself screaming again and again as Count Kush continued to torture him with the trident.

 

 

 

 

 

The only thing Jaejoong was thankful for was that he had not passed out. Losing consciousness was never part of the plan.

 

 

Maybe the reason he hadn't passed out was due to the irritating laugh Count Kush kept on doing as he repeatedly sent volts of electricity into his body.

 

 

"Don't worry, Jaejoong, you won't die from this," he smirked. "The rumor that the electricity from my trident could explode your brain was true. The only reason you are still alive is because I can't use my full power in this waterless moon. All my trident could do is give you lots of pain!" he snickered. His sadistic nature was having too much fun at Jaejoong's expense. "Here comes another shocker!" he announced before releasing another shock of electricity from his trident. As Jaejoong screamed and writhed in agony, Count Kush's maniacal laughter filled the air.

 

 

Jaejoong tried so hard not to scream. He didn't want to give Count Kush any satisfaction, but the pain was just too unbearable! He began vomiting blood.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Both his lungs and stomach were being filled by his own blood as Count Kush's trident remained impaled in his body. Every time his body healed his injuries, Count Kush would pushed his trident deeper into his body and again electrocute him. The count had clearly perfected the best ways of torturing demons.

 

 

"You really do have green blood," exclaimed Count Kush. "Did you know that humans believed that green blood is proof that someone is an alien? But you really are like an alien, since you don't belong to any of the worlds."

 

 

Jaejoong spat the blood in his mouth at Count Kush's face.

 

 

"I am going to die of boredom from your silly stories!" he snorted.

 

 

The count's features contorted in anger as his grip on the trident became tighter.

 

 

 

Jaejoong was surprised to see the count's hands glowing like some kind of bulb. An evil grin crossed the count's face as a much more powerful jolt of electricity hit Jaejoong's body!

 

 

Jaejoong found himself screaming his brains out! If this continued, he would lose every ounce of strength in his body. His brain might really get fried! He tried to scan the surroundings for the presence of the Finder. Yabu should have escaped Prince Teddy by now. Their plan was for Yabu to use his powers of invisibility once enough distance had separated the two demon hunters.

 

 

Prince Teddy would never be able to find Yabu once the latter used his invisibility. All Yabu had to do was wait until the Prince passed by and then quickly proceed to where Jaejoong was. Once Yabu found him, he would make himself and Jaejoong invisible and Jaejoong would then kill Count Kush. Jaejoong didn't want to fight both demon hunters at the same time even when he would be under Yabu's invisibility powers. Yabu's invisibility could not hide Jaejoong's footprints on the ground and two opponents could easily locate and track him specially when they were well-trained warriors.

 

 

Jaejoong could be called a cheat by using Yabu's invisibility. But Jaejoong preferred to cheat than to die. Besides, it was the best way he could think of to defeat the demon hunters in such a dire situation.

 

 

The plan might still work if Yabu could reach Jaejoong in time. Jaejoong wanted to call out to Yabu, but he didn't want to alert Count Kush of the Finder's presence.

 

 

"I am not the one who will kill you, Jaejoong," laughed Count Kush. "That honor belongs to Prince Teddy. I will just guard you and enjoy your pain until he arrives."

 

 

! If Prince Teddy reached him before Yabu, he's dead! Jaejoong concentrated on healing himself. He could easily pull out the trident from his body, but he wanted Count Kush to continue believing that he had given up and had no more strength left to fight.

 

 

A Midnight weapon was different from a Lightside weapon. It had no spell that would burn and kill anyone not an angel that touched it. Each Midnight weapon was forged in relation to the powers and personality of the owner so, though anyone could hold it and fight with it, he wouldn't be able to use its powers and full potential. Despite this, no Lightside employee would ever touch a Midnight weapon. To them, such a weapon was beneath them and would only sully their holy hands.

 

 

Count Kush suddenly sighed in disappointment.

 

 

"It seems my enjoyment of further torturing you is about to end. I feel the prince approaching us. Hopefully, he wouldn't kill you right away. I would find it so boring if he would just make your body explode. There's no fun in that."

 

 

Jaejoong scanned their surroundings to check if Prince Teddy was indeed coming. He cursed under his breath when he saw Prince Teddy flying toward them. He tried to think of another plan without the assistance of Yabu! Because the moment the prince came within ten meters, his invisible hand would crush him.

 

 

Count Kush stood beside Jaejoong, eagerly waiting for Prince Teddy.

 

 

 

Jaejoong remained staring at the approaching prince. And just as Jaejoong suspected, the invisible hand burst out of Prince Teddy's chest and reached out toward him!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Using all his strength, Jaejoong pulled the trident out from his body! He ignored the several thousand volts that travelled to his hand and coursed through his body. He seemed to have finally gotten used to these electric shocks. Count Kush's jaw dropped in surprise. He never recovered because Jaejoong quickly impaled the count

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter