CHAPTER 52

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Welcome home, Jaejoong," whispered a sultry woman's voice in Jaejoong's ears. Jaejoong opened his eyes. He saw a very beautiful woman wearing a see-through, red negligee looking down on him. The negligee left nothing to the imagination as his eyes saw every bit of intimate flesh from her body. She wasn't wearing anything under the negligee.

 

 

He blinked and studied his surroundings. He was lying on a large, soft bed covered by fur in the middle of an elegant room. The room was covered with antique appliances, but the presence of a CCTV device on the wall focused on the bed didn't escape his attention.

 

 

The woman gently caressed his cheek.

 

 

"You have been sleeping for almost two weeks now. I thought you are never going to awaken," she purred.

 

 

Jaejoong frowned. The woman's face looked familiar. He was sure he knew her. He just couldn't remember her name.

 

 

"Don't tell me you have forgotten who I am?" One of her perfect eyebrows rose. Jaejoong grinned.

 

 

"Someone as beautiful as you should never be forgotten. Unfortunately, your name-"

 

 

"It's Hyori. Princess Hyori," she reminded him.

 

 

"But you can call me Hyori." Memories quickly flooded back into Jaejoong's brain. He sat up from the bed. Princess Hyori straightened up and put a hand on her right hip. The smile remained on her lips.

 

 

"You were my former boss in Midnight!" he blurted.

 

 

"You made me do something I hated. But I can't seem to remember that." The woman laughed.

 

 

"It seemed you don't have total amnesias since you retained some of your memories." She climbed into the bed and pressed her body against him. Her face was inches away from his and her lips seemed to be inviting him to kiss her.

 

 

"Now, let's see if you have truly regained your strength. I have been watching your videos, you know," she murmured.

 

 

"Videos?" He couldn't remember such videos.

 

 

Princess Hyori suddenly pushed him back to the bed and straddled him. Her intention was clear.

 

 

His memory remained incomplete, but he did remember that Princess Hyori never had a ual interest in him before when he was still an apprentice for Midnight. She was after all ranked higher than him in the company and was now even part of the Dark Council. While he was... He didn't have any rank. He belonged to the lowest ranked employee of the Midnight Corporation.

 

 

 

Warning bells began ringing inside his head.

 

 

"Now, Jaejoong, satisfy me!" ordered Princess Hyori.

 

 

Jaejoong frowned. He didn't like being ordered or used by any woman. He wasn't some stud that could be used anytime by a demoness!

 

 

He pushed her away. Princess Hyori toppled out of the bed.

 

 

"What the are you doing!" she blurted in anger as she picked herself up from the floor.

 

 

"My mind is still foggy. But my instincts are telling me that I should not trust you. Something is wrong with this scene. A woman of your rank wouldn't seduce someone way beneath her. You are up to something, Princess Hyori," he accused her.

 

 

The anger in the princess's face disappeared. She began laughing.

 

 

"You really are different now, Jaejoong. You have become much more like your father, Prince WonBin."

 

 

Jaejoong remained silent. He studied the woman before him who had once again sat herself on the side of the bed. What was she planning?

 

 

"It seemed you haven't yet realized what happened to you."

 

 

"Don't worry, Princess, I will soon find out why I am here and why I have been sleeping for almost two weeks."

 

 

"I will tell you. It is because your body had to heal and adjust to the new you."

 

 

 Something sparked inside his mind. He remembered a glowing man. He fought this man. What was his name? It sounded like one of those Ugly human diseases... Sunny?

 

 

He got out of bed and suddenly realized he wasn't wearing anything. But his ness didn't surprise him. What shocked him was the presence of a long, pointed black tail behind his back!

 

 

"Only demons with the rank of a prince are allowed to have a tail like this!" he blurted.

 

 

"And you are a prince, Jaejoong," giggled Princess Hyori. "You earned that title when you killed Prince Bumsoo and Prince Teddy last year. You just never went through the ceremony to properly take the rank. But everyone in Midnight knows you are entitled to that rank."

 

 

His brows furrowed. He could barely remember the events the princess was talking about.

 

 

"If I didn't apply or went through the process to become a prince, what's with the tail?" His eyes suddenly caught his reflection on the large mirror on one of the walls of the bedroom. He saw two large bull-like horns on each side of his head!

 

 

"And the horns? If I remember it right, I need to be officially proclaimed first as a prince before I would be given such accessories from the Equipment and Supplies Department."

 

 

"Those belonged to your father," explained Princess Hyori.

 

 

"And because you have now become a full-fledged demon, you automatically inherited your father's powerful tail and magnificent horns." She flashed a smile.

 

 

"I had those taken from the storage vaults of the Equipment and Supplies Department and fitted on you while you slept."

 

 

 

Jaejoong studied his reflection on the mirror. A full-fledged-demon? He did indeed look like a true demon.

 

 

"Welcome to Midnight Corporation, Prince Jaejoong," Princess Hyori said.

 

 

 

 

 

If anyone could find Jaejoong or any trace of him, it was the Finder Unit. One hundred members comprised the unit. All came from the different clans of the Siesmyre. Each one had unique abilities, powers, a perfect sense of direction and most of all could survive even in highly polluted areas.

 

 

After Dara left the bewildered Kim Soo-hyun, she immediately summoned the Finder Unit. She only gave them one simple order.

 

 

"Find Jaejoong. I don't care whether he is dead or in pieces. But don't come back to me unless you have news about him. You must bring me his body... Every part of his body!" Her voice choked with emotions. But she kept herself strong.

 

 

The next step she did was call three of the best healers of the Siesmyres. No matter how seriously wounded Jaejoong was as long as there's still a small spark of life in his body, the Siesmyre healers would be able to save him. And if his body had indeed been blown to pieces, maybe the healers could find a way to put him back again. Make him whole.

 

 

But if Jaejoong was indeed dead... Dara took a deep breath. She might have to use spells to reanimate his body. But the one who would come back to her wouldn't really be Jaejoong, but a golem. This golem would have Jaejoong's likeness, but it would not be alive even if it talked and moved like Jaejoong. But if she could present this golem to Soo-hyun, she could still stop Soo-hyun from claiming her as his wife. And if Soo-hyun tried to kill this golem, she would continually revive it. If somehow Soo-hyun found out the truth, she still had an ace under her sleeve she could use to save herself from Soo-hyun's clutches.

 

 

Even before she negotiated the rules for the duel between Soo-hyun and Jaejoong, she never had any intention of ever becoming Soo-hyun's wife. She was prepared to use all means just to escape him!

 

 

As the search for Jaejoong continued, Dara decided to remain and wait inside the Sanctuary. The healers and some of the Elders like Elder Duk Hwa and Elder Mi Kyung stayed with her and kept vigil.

 

 

The San

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter