CHAPTER 58

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

When Dara entered the women's restroom, she immediately sensed the presence of magic in the air. She came here to leave a flower that would keep the air fresh and smelling like a garden for several weeks. It was her way of thanking the café for such a delicious breakfast. But her good deed for the day was set aside when the walls of the restroom began to spin faster and faster around her. When it finally stopped, it became clear to her that she was no longer inside the cafe's restroom. She was outside! There was also a thick fog around her. She could barely see the shapes of houses and buildings around her.

 

 

 

She started coughing. She was shocked. The last time she coughed was when her body was affected by the pollution brought on by the dawn of man's industrial age! She covered and nose and started running. But no matter where she turned, the same thick fog assaulted her!

 

 

 

This was no ordinary fog! This was smog! Smoke caused by pollution. And the air around here was thick with pollution!

 

 

 

"You are in Liang Feng, Dara. The most polluted place in the world of humans," said a woman's voice.

 

 

 

The voice was coming from above. Dara looked up but because of the thick smog, she couldn't really see the woman's face. But she became aware of her twitching pointed tail behind her.

 

 

 

"You almost died before because of the pollution. This time, you wouldn't be able to escape death again." The woman chuckled.

 

 

 

Dara finally recognized the woman. She was the succubus, Hyuna. Her husband's ex-lover.

 

 

 

"Is this some sort of revenge? Did you bring me here because I forbade you to ever go near Jaejoong?"

 

 

 

"Among other things. But this has also something to do with the deal you made with the Dark Council. Because of that deal, I became stuck in my position. There was no option for my career advancement. I have been in a floating position since last year!"

 

 

 

"You are too old to have tantrums, Hyuna," Dara taunted her. "I thought Midnight employees are tough? That you guys could take on whatever punishment was given to you? And that what can't kill you will make you stronger?"

 

 

The succubus descended to the ground and faced her. She was still wearing her spider-web uniform that clung tightly to her curves. The uniform was thin and almost see-through with the exception of thick patches that expertly covered and intimate parts.

 

 

According to what Dara heard, the uniforms for succubus were specially designed to seduce men because men found half-clothed women much ier than a totally woman. It was said that men became more intrigued and excited in finding out what the woman was trying to hide.

 

 

"Is it now part of your job to harass me?" Dara mocked.

 

 

"Are you trying to be brave, Dara? Haven't you realized yet that you only have a few more minutes to live? And I don't even have to do anything. I just need to stand here and watch you die," Hyuna sneered.

 

 

"I am not as weak as I was before when I first fell ill due to pollution." She didn't tell the succubus that Jaejoong had given her immunity to the pollution. But her coughing clearly told her that her immunity was fading. She was being exposed to so much pollution. Her body was slowly being poisoned and weakened. Neither of Jaejoong's two versions right now was helping her become immune. The special magic that came from her husband was only possible if he was in his half-demon and half-angel form.

 

 

"I have no time to chat with you, Hyuna. I haven't finished my breakfast." She turned and walked away from the succubus. She needed to get out of this place as soon as possible before she became too weak to even move!

 

 

She had only walked a few paces away when she heard the sound of a whip. She unfolded her wings and flew up to the smog-filled skies. She knew the whip belonged to Hyuna, and the succubus would never let her leave this place alive.

 

 

 

From above, she saw Hyuna holding her whip and throwing it toward her direction. The whip was trying to capture her foot!

 

 

"You know, you could become a Koreanovela queen!" Dara teased as she evaded the whip. "But you are so pathetic. Who ever heard of a succubus who can seduce any man she wants, yet continually pining for one guy she had already discarded? Your pride can't accept that Jaejoong is over you."

 

 

Hyuna screamed with anger. Dara finally understood why the demoness kidnapped her. It was an overused plot though. Rejected villainess would kill the girlfriend or wife of a hero so that there would no longer be any hindrance to her plan to get the attention and love of the hero. Such a vomit-inducing tired old plot! And Hyuna seemed to think she was in the middle of a drama.

 

 

But then, demons were overly dramatic. If her memory served her right, a department of Midnight was focused solely on spreading drama and intrigue in all TV series and movies. Most of the TV series that Midnight helped to become popular and reach high ratings had plots that revolved around a stupid heroine who would be beaten, abused and ridiculed at the start but would then be saved by a prince charming and be brought to his kingdom to live happily ever-after.

 

 

Most people loved such stories. The women who adored these stories truly believed that a prince charming could save them from their dreary lives to the point that whenever a guy would show some kindness to them, they would instantly embrace this man and throw common sense out of the window. And even if that prince charming turned out to be a horrible troll, they remained by his side. Because of this illogical behavior, psychologists started calling this stupidity as the battered-wife syndrome. The end results of such a situation were broken homes, traumatized children and even death.

 

 

A lot of dark souls emerged from these which Midnight would soon harvest for their company.

 

 

 

Dara flew away and increased the distance between her and the overly dramatic succubus. When she turned to look around, she saw Hyuna following her. It was clear she wasn't simply going to watch her die. She most probably would try to kill Dara using her own bare hands.

 

 

Dara stopped flying and landed on the rooftop of a building. The pollution even from up here was thick and stifling. In fact, the smog seemed even worse up here.

 

 

She felt her body becoming weak from too much exposure from the polluted air. She knew her time had become limited. But she couldn't waste her energy flying all around this place. She must find the fastest way to get out of this place. And Hyuna clearly knew where it was.

 

 

"You will die today, Dara!" screamed Hyuna. She was coming toward her in full speed. Her nails had grown long and sharp. And they were aimed directly at Dara 's heart!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

London, United Kingdom

 

 

 

Jaejoong kept himself calm. He didn't want Princess Hyori to notice how worried he had become. He could barely remember his encounter with the demoness when she was still his boss in the Department of Arts two years ago. But he knew instinctively that she was malevolent and cunning. She was the kind of being who would use a person's weakness against him. Her every word and action always had an ulterior motive.

 

 

"A game? What kind of game?" Jaejoong asked carefully.

 

 

"It's just a guessing game. The rules are simple. If you win, I will tell you where your wife is. But if I win, you will never see her again." She smiled and took his bacon sandwich and took a delicate bite from it.

 

 

"Before I play this game,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter