CHAPTER 69

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Bae Yong Jun had been an ambassador for Lightside Inc. since the Treaty between the angels and the demons had been forged to stop and prevent another Great War. The Great War almost decimated both their races. And only when common sense and the need to survive prevailed was the Great War ended.

 

 

       But Bae Yong Jun could still remember that war. And the text he received from Junki worried him. The Midnight Ambassador had always been trying to rattle and irritate him whenever he had the chance. But he did it in a playful and mischievous way. This time, the Junki that sent him the message was serious. There were no taunts or jaunts. Just one sentence.

 

 

       "We need to talk about the Great War."

 

 

       Whenever they talk and argue about some of the latest petitions from their companies, they often did it in the world of the humans. The human world was after all considered a neutral ground where good and evil could exist side by side.

 

 

       Whenever Junki would set their meeting place, it would always be a city. This time around, he chose Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park in Australia.

 

 

       With his Seraph assistant, Joongki, Bae Yong Jun arrived thirty minutes earlier than the time of his meeting with Junki. Although Junki never stated where exactly in the park they would meet, he instantly knew where. It was where the two sandstone monoliths had stood for hundreds of years.

 

 

       It was one of the most holy grounds in the world of humans.

 

 

       "Sir," Joongki blurted as they neared the site. "Ambassador Junki is already here!"

 

 

       Junki was rarely early in their meetings. A growing dread began to spread throughout Bae Yong Jun's body.

 

 

       He and Joongki landed behind Junki. Junki was standing before a newly‑dug cave.

 

 

       "How could he come here? This place is holy ground! He would weaken‑" began JoongKi.

 

 

       "Not exactly," answered Junki who turned to look at them. A grim smile was on his beautiful face. Though Junki was more than two thousand years old, he looked like a man in his mid‑twenties. Bae Yong Jun had gotten used in seeing the different anime hairstyle the demon sported whenever they meet. He also had a penchant for outrageous fashions.

 

 

       This time, his long red hair was simply tied behind his back and he was wearing a blue turtleneck sweater and white pants. Gone also were the colorful nails on his hands but he still retained a dew drop crystal earring on his right ear.

 

 

       Junki touched the crystal earring.

 

 

       "This talisman temporarily allows me to remain in this holy place without losing my strength. But it is limited. I can only remain in this place for an hour. And since I know you always come early, I decided not to waste time."

 

 

       "What is going on, Junki?" Bae Yong Jun inquired.

 

 

       "Lightside created this cave, right?"

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun nodded.

 

 

       "And you have put spells and incantation all over this place to prevent any demon from finding this cave."

 

 

       "Yet you discovered it."

 

 

       "I didn't. I found it like this already. A human named Lee Jongsuk excavated it one month ago. Lee Jongsuk, according to our records possessed a grey soul. Since he uncovered this cave, no one had seen or heard of him again. Even the best of our hunter trackers couldn't find him. Witnesses, those he paid to dig this cave also swore that Lee Jongsuk took a relic from that cave."

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun gasped! JoongKi looked bewildered. The Seraph was too young to understand the meaning of the Midnight Ambassador's words.

 

 

       "That is impossible! No human would be able to see or even touch the relic! It would kill him instantly!"

 

 

       "That relic could be the reason why Midnight couldn't detect him." Junki stepped aside. "Go see for yourself if the rumors were true or not. I cannot enter the cave. It is too holy for my kind. Only your race can enter that holy cave."

 

 

Bae Yong Jun didn't need any more encouragement. He quickly entered the cave.

 

 

       " JoongKi, start recording everything!"

 

 

       The Seraph quickly took out his smartphone and began recording everything. It only took Bae Yong Jun fifteen minutes to discover the truth. When he and JoongKi exited the cave, Junki was gone.

 

 

       His phone rang. It was Junki.

 

 

       "I was wrong about the time. That place had started to make me uncomfortable. And rather than make you witness me vomit everything I had for breakfast, I decided to move to a safer place. Meet me in Melbourne harbor."

 

 

       "What's happening, sir?" inquired JoongKi.

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun spread out his wings.

 

 

       "Send each of the members of the Board of Directors a copy of the video you have taken." Bae Yong Jun flew. JoongKi followed while busily tapping and clicking his smartphone.

 

 

       "Do you remember the reason why the Great War happened?" Bae Yong Jun asked the Seraph.

 

 

       "Because of Midnight's king. He had attained great power and he thought it was enough to challenge and destroy Lightside," JoongKi quickly answered. "But Lightside fought and didn't give up."

 

 

       "And the reason the Great War ended?" Bae Yong Jun asked.

 

 

       "Because everyone realized that continuing the war would end in the extinction of all angels and demons. It was decided that a truce should be made. And each side should send a representative to discuss a treaty."

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun nodded.

 

 

       "There's something else that wasn't taught to young angels regarding the war. And it is about the King of Midnight."

 

 

       "But he died during the war, right?"

 

 

       "But we didn't kill him."

 

 

       JoongKi eyes widened in shock.

 

 

       "When level‑headed demons realized what was happening, they tried to talk sense to their king. But he wouldn't listen. He wouldn't stop the war even if it meant total annihilation of their race."

 

 

       "The demons themselves killed him?"

 

 

       "The members of the Dark Council killed him."

 

 

       "But that's normal in their company. They kill their superiors to gain rank and enhance their careers."

 

 

       "They were able to kill their king, but they couldn't get rid of his powers. It remained. That power was like a nuclear bomb th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter