CHAPTER 80

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

      

 

 

       Jaejoong remained unwilling to participate in Dara's plan though the two of them had already reached the gate of Athenaeum.

 

 

       "What if something happens and you got separated from me?"

 

 

       "I won't!"

 

 

       Jaejoong sighed.

 

 

       "So, how do we do this? As long as we are inside this realm, your body remains solid. You can't possess me."

 

 

       "Hold my hand."

 

 

       He grasped her right hand.

 

 

       "Now what?"

 

 

       "We go out of the gate. As we get near the human world, my body would begin to dematerialize. The moment that happens I will enter your body."

 

 

       "Don't wait too long, or else you would start losing your memories. I am going to be pissed if you forgot who I am and that I am your husband," he warned her.

 

 

       Dara giggled.

 

 

       "You're the one to talk. When you were the one who forgot about me when you lost your memory."

 

 

       "Correction, I never forgot you."

 

 

       "Your angel part didn't, but your demon self-"

 

 

       "My demon self may have been unaware of who you are, but that part of me was still obsessed about you! I was prepared to do anything just for you!"

 

 

       Jaejoong suddenly found himself in a tight hug that was immediately followed by a deep kiss from his lovely wife.

 

 

       "Now then, let's not delay," Dara said after their lips parted. "If we tarry here, we might not have enough time to discuss your tactics against Yang Hyun Suk."

 

 

       Jaejoong once again took his wife's hand and stepped into the gate. He unfurled his wings and flew into the swirling clouds of the tunnel‑like gate. He didn't feel anything, but he began to notice that Dara's body was becoming transparent. Her hand had begun to slip from his hold.

 

 

       "Dara, get inside me, now!"

 

 

       Both of them were floating inside the gate. Dara maneuvered her body so she would be facing him. Her translucent arms encircled his body in a hug and once again, her lips touched his. This time, he barely felt her. But she had begun to pass through his body until she had disappeared from his eyes.

 

 

       "Dara?"

 

 

       "Yes?" Her voice came from inside his head.

 

 

       "Are you alright?"

 

 

       "Of course! Are you? Can you feel me?"

 

 

       "I am alright and no, I can't feel you, but I am aware that you are inside me. You're like a presence inside me."

 

 

       "I never thought this is what you look inside."

 

 

       "Don't touch my heart or my stomach," he warned.

 

 

       Her laughter rang inside his head.

 

 

       "Don't be silly, I can't see your insides. But I can feel everything about you, see everything you see and maybe even feel what you feel. It's like putting on a tight dress."

 

 

       "Sit tight then, we are about to leave the gate. But if you suddenly started asking who I am, I am going back to the realm!"

 

 

       Jaejoong burst out of the swirling gate.

 

 

       "Feeling okay?"

 

 

       "Yes. Let's get out of these thick clouds."

 

 

       "Do you want me to take you back to our house or to the Sanctuary?"

 

 

       "Take me to my Memorial Tree."

 

 

       "Don't you think that would be a little bit weird? It's like visiting your own gravestone."

 

 

       She laughed.

 

 

       "It's fun to see your own gravestone!"

 

 

       Jaejoong decided not to argue. He swiftly flew toward Waipoua Forest. The gate to Athenaeum was never stationary. Like the clouds surrounding it, it tended to float all over the world of humans. Grey souls instinctively knew where the gate could be found. Jaejoong on the other hand since he was elected king of the realm now had the privilege of summoning the gate to come to him. The gate in deference to him would remain stationary on the exact place where he had entered it.

 

 

       Since Jaejoong summoned the gate when he was in New Zealand, going to Waipoua forest wouldn't take too long. But before he speeded up his flight, he wanted to check on his wife.

 

 

       "So, tell me, what is your name?"

 

 

       "You have forgotten my name? How could you do this again, Jaejoong!" Dara berated him before giggling.

 

 

       "Dara, be serious!"

 

 

       "Ask a much more serious question."

 

 

       Jaejoong knew that Dara would just make fun of any question no matter how serious.

 

 

       "Tell me about Yang Hyun Suk then."

 

 

       "He is currently possessing a human body. But despite his body being human, the powers he could from the relic makes it almost indestructible. He could instantly heal it. He could also use all the normal demonic powers. And the moment his true powers are unleashed from that relic, he would be unstoppable."

 

 

       Jaejoong zoomed toward where Dara's Memorial Tree was growing.

 

 

       "If he was that strong, how did the demons of Midnight manage to kill him before?"

 

 

       "They didn't. They just separated his powers from his body. And then they proceeded to hack off his body into thirteen pieces. The original thirteen members of the Dark Council were the demons who did the deed. Each demon destroyed the part of the body they hacked out of Yang Hyun Suk. Thirteen powers were needed to destroy his body. They thought his consciousness had also been eliminated. They were wrong since that consciousness fled to the human world and hid in a recently dead baby and pretended to be human."

 

 

       "How exactly did the Dark Council manage to get near him to hack him to pieces?"

 

 

       "They used treachery. They poisoned his food, used a spell to immobilize him and created the best and most dangerous weapons for themselves. Prince Teddy's soul sword was one of them. That sword out Yang Hyun Suk’s power enabling the others to attack."

 

 

       "So, I can use Prince Teddy's soul word!" Jaejoong had won that dangerous sword for himself when he killed Prince Teddy during a fight.

 

 

       "The soul sword that Prince Teddy used against you wasn't the same one that he used against Yang Hyun Suk. The soul sword was only able to contain Yang Hyun Suk's powers for a while. But it began to break apart. The Dark Council had to swallow their pride to ask help from Lightside. Lightside using several angels was able to create the wooden box relic. Yang Hyun Suk's powers were trapped inside that relic before the soul sword disintegrated.

 

 

       "And even if you could wield that soul sword, I doubt that could work again on Yang Hyun Suk. He would be ready for such a weapon. You need a Lightside weapon to defeat him."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter