CHAPTER 63

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Bae Yong Jun, the Lightside Ambassador, had long since accepted that his Seraph assistant, Joongki had an extreme fascination with the latest gadgets invented by humans. Every time a new gadget was out in the market, the Seraph was the first to own one, even if it had yet to be sold in the stores. Joongki was currently fascinated with the latest version of the Samsung Galaxy phone. He had neglected his once favorite gadget, the iPhone.

 

 

According to Joongki, his new phone had a wide monitor where he could watch without any buffering all the current events happening in the world of humans, angels and demons. There was also no delayed broadcast. Ever since the news about Jaejoong and Kim Soo-hyun's battle had spread among the employees of Lightside and Midnight, Joongki attention had been glued on the monitor of his smartphone.

 

 

The signal was coming from the Information Network of Lightside popularly known as INL. INL was Lightside's department that served as a 24/7 news channel. Everything that was happening in the world of humans, in Lightside and even in Midnight was being broadcasted by INL. The only exception was the world of Athenaeum where INL had no access. But no one was really interested in the boring world of the grey souls where nothing ever happened.

 

 

Unlike the world of the humans where exciting things were always occurring. Right now, INL had an ongoing coverage on the latest escapade of Jaejoong and Dara ever since Kim Soohyun arrived in the scene.

 

 

Joongki was now intensely watching the live fight between Jaejoong and Kim Soohyun.

 

 

Bae Yong Jun had a hunch that all the other employees of Lightside were also watching the fight. Since INL was one hundred percent covering the said fight, he suspected that the Midnight Information Network (MIB) was also doing the same. MIB would never allow itself to be out scooped by the INL.

 

 

Bae Yong Jun could almost see the Midnight employees busy betting everything they had as to who would win the fight between Jaejoong and Soo-hyun. If gambling was not prohibited in Lightside, Bae Yong Jun suspected that Joongki would place a bet for Jaejoong. The Seraph had become Jaejoong's secret admirer since the latter survived the death hunt of Midnight last year. Joongki's hero worship was understandable since it was hard not to respect the half- demon's fighting skills and survival abilities. No one had ever survived a Midnight death hunt, yet Jaejoong did.

 

 

But still, Bae Yong Jun frowned upon such admiration. It was not proper for any angel to admire a demon! But since it did not affect Joongki's work, he allowed his assistant to continue with his obsession.

 

 

He also thought the Seraph's fascination would soon fade just like Jaejoong's popularity. Jaejoong had chosen to fade away from the public eye when he decided to settle down into the world of the humans with his wife and continued being a simple researcher for Junki.

 

 

But the half-angel was a trouble-magnet. It seemed he would have fighting scenes every year.

 

 

"Oh my Lord!" blurted Joongki as his eyes remained stuck to the monitor of his smartphone. "Lady Hyesun is with Jaejoong!"

 

 

That didn't surprise Bae Yong Jun. Hyesun had always been biased when it came to Jaejoong. Minho had sacrificed his life fighting with Jaejoong, and it seemed Hyesun was also prepared to do the same. If she survived this, she would be facing the Board of Directors. Her actions would not go unpunished.

 

 

"What kind of being is this Kim Soo-hyun?!" gasped JoongKi. "His body is full of worms!"

 

 

Bae Yong Jun was tempted to hurl his ball pen to his assistant to shut him up. But it would be useless. JoongKi had learned to expertly avoid everything he could throw at him.

 

 

"Get out of the office, JoongKi!" Bae Yong Jun shouted with irritation.

 

 

His shout carried so much force, JoongKi chair toppled to the floor. Despite falling, the Seraph still managed to hold on to his phone. He gave Bae Yong Jun a questioning glance as if he had no idea why Bae Yong Jun was fuming.

 

 

Bae Yong Jun pointed to the door.

 

 

"If you have finished all of your work for today, don't remain here in the office and bother me with news and events which I am not at all interested," he stated firmly.

 

 

JoongKi stood up and respectfully gave him a bow.

 

 

"Sorry, sir," he said before hurriedly leaving the office.

 

 

Bae Yong Jun breathed a sigh of relief. He turned his attention back to reading the latest petition brought by Junki during their last meeting. The case involved a territorial dispute. According to the Midnight petition, a religious organization had occupied a land in Australia being managed by a duke from Midnight. The duke used dirty tactics to drive away the religious group. While the duke was driving away the group, two Lightside employees happened to be passing by. The employees had no choice but to protect the group. A fight ensued.

 

 

The Lightside employees also filed a counter petition against the duke, and Bae Yong Jun had given this to Junki. Reading the Midnight petition, Bae Yong Jun was not surprised to find that this version was the total opposite of events given by the Lightside employees.

 

 

Bae Yong Jun was naturally biased toward the Lightside employees, but he needed to find some holes in Midnight's petition in order to make it invalid and then proceed to asking punishment for the duke. He and Junki would need to do some serious discussions in order to reach a settlement in this case. This incident must not culminate into further fighting. The dispute must be settled but Lightside must come on top.

 

 

 

Bae Yong Jun's office door suddenly burst open. He saw Joongki shut the door behind him before hurrying toward him. Bae Yong Jun had a bad feeling that whether he wanted to or not, he was going to find out how Jaejoong and Soo-hyun's battle ended.

 

 

"Who won?" he asked, preempting his story.

 

 

"Jaejoong! But-"

 

 

He raised his hand to stop the Seraph from further talking.

 

 

"I do not need to hear the details. Your job here for today is finished, JoongKi. Go home and stop bothering me."

 

 

"But, sir-"

 

 

"I told you-"

 

 

"But Jaejoong-"

 

 

"I am not interested!" he shouted.

 

 

A thunderous noise was heard around them, followed by the shaking of their building. The building of the Department of Armistice was earthquake proof, so Bae Yong Jun was sure what they were experiencing wasn't an earthquake.

 

 

"What is happening?"

 

 

"It's Jaejoong, sir! He rushed toward our office after he defeated Soo-hyun! I believe his fight with Soo-hyun made him crazy! It must be battle lust. And he is looking for somebody to fight and we seem to be the ones he had chosen!" Joongki voice was full of worry.

 

 

"Is he trying to enter our building?"

 

 

Joongki nodded. Glanced at his phone then began to shake his head. Bae Yong Jun was confused.

 

 

"What's happening?"

 

 

"He had already broken through the barrier around our building. And he is now currently breaking every door before him!"

 

 

"Then start preparing a letter to Ambassador Junki. Midnight will pay for all the destructions Jaejoong is causing to our office."

 

 

"Sir, Jaejoong is clearly heading toward your office! You seemed to be his target because you are the highest Lightside officer here!" Fear gripped the Seraph. "Sir, we need to leave. You cannot fight someone like Jaejoong! He would not listen to reason in his current state."

 

 

At the exact moment JoongKi finished speaking, the door to Bae Yong Jun's office flew out of its hinges and struck the wall behind Bae Yong Jun. The door was made of durable material so instead of breaking apart, it buried itself on the wall.

 

 

Bae Yong Jun saw an angry Jaejoong standing at the opened door.

 

 

"He has gone mad!" Joongki stared punching numbers on his smartphone. He was panicking. "I am going to contact the Archangels to deal with him!"

 

 

"Give us privacy, Joongki. But before you leave, take the door and attach it back to the doorframe."

 

 

"Sir?" He looked dumbfounded.

 

 

"Make sure that no one bothers us while Jaejoong and I are talking."

 

 

"Talking?" Joongki couldn't believe what he was hearing.

 

 

"I do not like physical fighting. I talk and negotiate. Now then, leave us alone. This is a very private meeting."

 

 

Jaejoong began walking toward Bae Yong Jun. Bae Yong Jun remained seated on his chair, but his eyes stared directly and without fear on his visitor.

 

 

"Now, Joongki!" Bae Yong Jun ordered when his assistant remained bewildered.

 

 

"Should I contact the Archangels?" Joongki remained uneasy. His eyes continued to dart from Bae Yong Jun to Jaejoong.

 

 

"I don't need them. I can handle this situation," Bae Yong Jun assured his assistant.

 

 

The Seraph reluctantly followed his orders. He grabbed the door from the wall and fixed it back to the doorframe.

 

 

"Lock the door before you leave," said Bae Yong Jun before he brought back his attention to Jaejoong who had remained standing before his desk.

 

 

Jaejoong's eyes were blazing. He was bloodied, wounded and dirty. One of his wings appeared to be broken. That fact made Bae Yong Jun realized why Jaejoong didn't burst through his window and had to go through the door.

 

 

The half-angel pointed one sharp talon toward his direction.

 

 

"Dara is dying! And if you are not going to help her, Bae Yong Jun, I will make sure that you would follow her immediately! I will also destroy-"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter