CHAPTER 35

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"W-What happened?" JoongKi gasped in disbelief. "Wasn't the crossbow and arrow both illusions?" the Seraph turned to Bae Yong Jun for answers.

 

 

When the TV screen showed Archangel Na-young's crossbow appearing again in Jaejoong's hand, Bae Yong Jun got a call. The call was from Seven. Bae Yong Jun took the call while JoongKi was paying full attention to what was happening on the screen.

 

 

"Na-young's crossbow is again glowing!" Seven informed him moments ago.

 

 

"Is the crossbow moving? Has it started to disappear?" Bae Yong Jun asked carefully.

 

 

"No. But the light coming from it is much more intense than before. Even the holy chains we have wrapped around it are glowing. Everyone here could feel the power emanating from Na-young's crossbow."

 

 

Power. Something nagged inside Bae Yong Jun 's mind. But he still couldn't grasp it. Seven voice faded as Bae Yong Jun found his eyes riveted to the TV screen. Prince teddy had turned to ash after he was hit by Jaejoong's arrow of light!

 

 

"Did you just see what happened?" Seven was almost screaming on the other end of the phone.

 

 

"Yes, how was that possible?" The crossbow and the arrow of light were mere illusions because the real crossbow remained inside the armory.

 

 

"Na-young's crossbow is still glowing!" commented Seven from the other end of the line.

 

 

The rest of Seven words were drowned by the loud and excited voice of JoongKi.

 

 

"Sir, Jaejoong has really killed Prince Teddy!"

 

 

"JoongKi, be quiet, I am talking on the phone," Bae Yong Jun glared at his assistant.

 

 

The Seraph closed his mouth, but his eyes continued watching the scene unfolding on the TV screen. Jaejoong was trying to stand up. The golden crossbow had disappeared from his hand. Jajeoong finally managed to rise from where he was kneeling. He slowly inched toward where Prince Teddy's ashes lay. Among the ashes shone the arrow of light. It hadn't disappeared like the crossbow. Surprise and disbelief flashed across Jaejoong's face as he began to study the arrow. It looked as if, he himself wasn't sure if the arrow was an illusion or it had become real.

 

 

"Seven? Are you still there?" asked Bae Yong Jun when the line suddenly became quiet.

 

 

"Good heavens!" Seven gasped. "I think I now understand what really happened, Bae Yong Jun. Technically, Na-young's crossbow belongs to Jaejoong because he is Na-young's son. But because he is a half-demon, he can never touch or use the crossbow without hurting himself," he paused, "but...the crossbow and its power are two different things."

 

 

Bae Yong Jun had begun to understand what Seven was trying to say. But he remained silent.

 

 

 

"Jaejoong cannot summon the crossbow itself, but he could summon and use the power within the crossbow! And since he had created a similar crossbow using his powers of illusion, the crossbow's power possessed the illusion crossbow. The arrow of light he created at the last instance wasn't an illusion but a real arrow of light created from the real power of the crossbow!" exclaimed Seven.

 

 

For several seconds both Bae Yong Jun and Seven digested the implication of Jaejoong's new power.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter