CHAPTER 51

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong carried Dara in his arms as they flew away from the gate of Athenaeum. Hyesun and Minho silently followed them. He wanted to tell Dara everything he discovered inside Athenaeum, but he didn't want his former guardians to know about it. Despite their obvious concern for him, the two remained spies for Midnight and Lightside. And they would tell their corporation anything they discovered that would benefit their own causes. Both Midnight and Lightside were interested in knowing what was really happening inside Athenaeum. But it was impossible for them to penetrate the gate or even stay inside that realm because of their rigid natures. And the true nature of Athenaeum must remain a secret for its denizens to continue living in tranquility.

 

 

Athenaeum protected its secrets by pushing out all grey souls that had ceased being grey souls. In addition to this, Athenaeum's magic also erased all the memories of Athenaeum from the grey souls once they left the realm. They became unable to remember what they did or what Athenaeum was. Because of this, the truth about Athenaeum had remained hidden to the three worlds since time began.

 

 

Jaejoong was able to enter and leave Athenaeum without any problem. But he was afraid that he would also forget all the things he discovered and learned inside Athenaeum. He needed to tell Dara everything he knew before all the information was lost. But to do that, he and Dara needed to have some privacy.

 

 

"Guys, we need to part company here." He turned to his former guardians. "Thank you for waiting for me, but I missed my wife so much and with what I plan to do, I need to do it in private."

 

 

"Your intimate moments are no longer private, Jaejoong," Minho laughed. "Your CDs were bestsellers in Midnight."

 

 

Jaejoong grimaced. It had become clear to him that it would be impossible to stop the proliferation of those CDs. Sometimes, despite Junki being centuries old, he still acted like a child doing mischievous things. But Jaejoong couldn't castigate or confront Junki in public. They had to maintain the illusion that he was working for the Midnight Ambassador. Him tricking Junki to help him in becoming an official employee of Midnight must remain a secret. No one could ever know that he had remained a free agent.

 

 

"There will never be any more CDs starting today!" he barked. He and Junki would need to have some serious discussions in the near future regarding his privacy.

 

 

"I will accompany both of you until you reach your house," Hyesun said. "I want to be sure that you are okay, Jaejoong. Most souls that leave Athenaeum come out not remembering anything. Their memories incomplete. Sometimes they couldn't even remember their past and their loved ones."

 

 

 

Jaejoong laughed.

 

 

"I am not like them, Hyesun. I'm alright." He noticed Dara studying him intently.

 

 

"If you forget me, I will never forgive you," she whispered.

 

 

He kissed her forehead.

 

 

"It would be impossible for me to forget someone like you," he promised.

 

 

"Aarggh!!! Dialogues like that are the ones I hate about your CDs, Jaejoong!" protested Minho. "I have to turn off the sound so that I wouldn't hear you say such cringe-inducing mushiness! I only turn back the sound when the main event starts happening," he laughed.

 

 

"Minho, I am going to take all of your CDs and destroy them!" warned Jaejoong.

 

 

"If you could find them." He grinned.

 

 

"I am going to use a Finder!"

 

 

Minho was stunned into silence. The demon had heard of the uncanny ability of a Finder to find anything.

 

 

 

"You can't!" he vehemently protested. "That's unfair and cheating. I paid a lot to get a copy of that CD when Junki had copies of it auctioned!"

 

 

"And who taught me to use whatever means necessary to get what I want?" Jaejoong reminded his former guardian.

 

 

Hyesun smiled and gave Minho a sharp glance.

 

 

"It seems all the crazy and evil things you taught Jaejoong had returned to bite you back, Minho."

 

 

Minho snorted.

 

 

"Goodbye, guys!" Jaejoong said before speeding up to put enough distance between them and his former guardians. He had known his guardians far too long and knew when another major argument was about to start. He and Dara didn't need to watch the two argue again.

 

 

Dara giggled.

 

 

"I hope we don't become like them," she muttered.

 

 

"We will try out best so we don't end up like them." He put his mouth near her ear. "Listen, Dara, what Iris said was true. Everyone who leaves Athenaeum forgets everything they saw and learned in that world. The information I have gathered in that world is still clear to me, but I am not sure how long I would be able to retain them. So, you must remember this information for me. First, Soo-hyun cannot die. He is immortal. But he can be defeated and captured. And the way to do this is to trick him."

 

 

"Trickery? Like what my great ancestor did by singing him to sleep?"

 

 

"We can no longer use that. He had become immune to the effect of that song. We must create something else that could make him-" his words were cut off when he felt the coming of danger!

 

 

He quickly shot up to the sky! A ball of fire exploded in the place where they used to be.

 

 

“It’s Kim Soo-hyun.!” blurted Dara.

 

 

He scanned their surroundings He couldn't find Soo-hyun, but he could sense the danger coming from him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What is he doing? It isn't yet the right time for our duel! I thought he never broke his word?"

 

 

"I also don't know what is happening." Dara's face grew concerned.

 

 

"Maybe its better that you stay away from me, Dara. I would have a hard time fighting him if we are together." He let her go. She flew using her own wings.

 

 

He thought his wife would follow his words. But instead of flying away from him, she remained beside him and even positioned herself in front of him and spread her arms!

 

 

"Kim Soo-hyun!" she called out. "You broke your word! Our agreement clearly stated that you would fight Jaejoong on the 20th day next month!" she angrily shouted.

 

 

Soo-hyun appeared before them.

 

 

"And today is the 20th! I kept my word and waited for one whole month, Dara. I got bored waiting for Jaejoong in Egypt so I went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter