CHAPTER 92

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Uluru-Kata Tjuta, Australia

      

 

 

       Jaejoong had to be carried by Junki to Australia since his wings had been damaged. And it would take Jaejoong such a long time to reach their destination on foot. Dara had no problem since as a spirit, she could keep up with Junki When they finally reached their destination, Jaejoong found himself digging tunnels under two large rock formations to find the relic. The place was indeed a holy and sacred place. Junki become out of breath upon landing on the holy ground and had to step away. Dara had no such problem. Jaejoong was only mildly affected. Although the effect of the sacred place could best be described as like the annoyance brought by a hot dry day. Or maybe it was because this place in Australia was like a desert. Jaejoong had lived in the Lightside Realm for several years when he was still an apprentice angel. The realm never gave him any problem. But being pierced by a Lightside weapon was quite painful.

 

 

       Junki who had been to this place before and had seen where the relic was kept was the one who gave Jaejoong direction on where to start digging.

 

 

       After digging and creating numerous tunnels, Jaejoong found himself thinking of those action‑adventure movies and TV series where the heroes had to endure more than a hundred episodes before they finally got what they want or find the person they were looking for. Or if it was a movie, the hero had to go through intricately stupid trials and problems before he could reach and push a damn ing switch! Thirty minutes of that movie had to be spent, going to the place where the switch was, finding the right key, beating the bad guys, solving a riddle and so forth and so on which would also include the sacrifice of some supporting characters!

 

 

       Jaejoong was thankful he wasn't in such a movie and all he had to do to get the relic was dig. But thirty minutes of digging and seeing only rock, soil and sand was tedious and boring!

 

 

       "For a young man, you are so slow!" shouted Junki from one end of the tunnel. Junki and Dara had decided to wait outside.

 

 

       "It is not my fault that you are bad at giving direction! I have already dug several tunnels! Yet I still can't find this ing relic! Are you really sure this is the right place? Australia is a vast place. You could have brought us to the wrong part of Australia .Time travel must have addled your brain and made you lose your sense of direction!" he lashed out.

 

 

       "Jaejoong, come out for a moment," called out Dara.

 

 

       Jaejoong gladly left the tunnels.

 

 

       "Please tell me you have thought of a plan how to find this relic? Or did you remember this relic having some sort of spell that hides it from demons and angels?"

 

 

       "I just realized something," began Dara. "Lee Jongsuk must have found the relic because it was moved away from its original location where the spells and magic efficiently protected it from him."

 

 

       "And who would have moved the relic?" asked Jaejoong.

 

 

       "Us! Junki has perfect memory. Yet when he pointed where the relic was supposed to be located in the future, the relic wasn't there. It's possible that at this time, the relic was somewhere else."

 

 

       Jaejoong sighed.

 

 

       "Are you telling me that I would have to dig more?"

 

 

       Dara giggled.

 

 

       "Not necessarily. You stay here. I will do some reconnaissance."

 

 

       "A what?"

 

 

       "I'm a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter