CHAPTER 81

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

      

 

 

       This wasn't Dara's first time in the Midnight Realm. She had accompanied Jaejoong before when he paid tribute to his former guardian, Minho, during the latter's funeral.

 

 

       Unlike most human depictions of the demon world in books and movies where there were burning fires and darkness everywhere, the total opposite was true. There were also no dark caverns or rivers with oily waters or boiling blood.

 

 

       If Dara would describe the Midnight Realm, it was like a vast expanse of dark blue ocean dotted with millions of islands. But these were not really islands. They were in fact, castles, palaces, towers, mansions and other infrastructures that screamed of art and beauty. Midnight Realm was rich and decadent. Nothing was ever simple. Everything was in excess. Roads were non-existent. Midnight's employees flew or used flying carriages or cars depending on what they preferred to use. Dara even saw someone using a magic carpet. Because of the abundance of water, there were also different kinds of ship traversing the blue waters of the realm. Some were like the old galleons in the human world while others resembled cruise ships and expensive yachts. There were also sailing boats and even gondolas.

 

 

 

       An island shaped like a pyramid was their current destination.

 

 

       "That is Midnight's armory," explained Jaejoong to Dara who was currently inside his body.

 

 

       "Of course, I know it is the armory!" answered Junki who was flying beside Jaejoong as Blue clung to his back.

 

 

       "I am not talking to you!" Jaejoong retorted.

 

 

       "You looked so silly talking to yourself, so I decided to answer."

 

 

       Dara found herself giggling.

 

 

       As they got closer to the pyramid, Dara noticed that unlike most pyramids that were made of stone, this pyramid was made of glass and metal. A door opened on the east side of the pyramid. After they had flown in, Dara discovered that the light from outside was coming through the glass walls and was creating a beautiful tapestry of colors on the walls and floors. The inside of the armory was like a museum, an art museum. There was even music on every section.

 

 

       The staff of the armory bowed and welcomed Junki. One of them, named Menial led them to where the soul sword of Prince Teddy was stored. The sword was inside a room decorated like the Middle Ages. There was a recreated peasant hut, a castle painting on the wall, and plastic trees and boulders. All of these surrounded a large rock where half the blade of the sword was entombed.

 

 

       "This reminds me of King Arthur's sword, Excalibur," commented Jaejoong.

 

 

       "The design was patterned after that legend," explained Menial. "Excalibur did bathe in the blood of thousands and was responsible for many deaths, just like the soul sword."

 

 

       "Menial, enough with history lessons," Junki interrupted. "Have you prepared all the things that I need in order to do the ritual?"

 

 

       "Yes, Your Majesty." He waved a hand.

 

 

       A line of five scantily dressed women came into the room bringing five large boxes. Junki inspected each of the content of the boxes before nodding. Four of the women left.

 

 

       "You better close the door, Menial."

 

 

       Dara felt like she was about to witness a magic act.

 

 

       "Is Junki even qualified to do this ritual?" she asked Jaejoong.

 

 

       Jaejoong voiced her concern, which resulted to one of Junki's brow arching up.

 

 

       "Dara, any demon can perform this ritual. It is quite simple really. The only requirements for this ritual to succeed are the sword, the owner of the sword and the sacrifice. There isn't even a need for incantations. And by the w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter