CHAPTER 15

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong thought he was dreaming when he walked out of his bedroom that morning. His living room was gone! It had been replaced by a jungle teeming with strange- looking plants!

 

 

There were large potted plants in every corner, vines and creepers covered the walls, and hanging plants were suspended from the ceiling. All of his furniture and appliances were still there, but they have all sprouted branches and leaves! Some had even begun to produce flowers and fruits!

 

 

He frowned. He knew exactly the culprit to this sudden interior renovation of his living room!

 

 

"DARAAAA!" he shouted. He was now regretting his decision. Whatever came over him to agree to take the Andarayad as his housemate?

 

 

"I'm in the kitchen!" she answered back.

 

 

Jaejoong had to maneuver among the plants, vines, leaves and branches to get into the kitchen. He had to pull several large leaves to find the door leading to the kitchen. He was not surprised to find that even his modern kitchen had been transformed into a greenhouse.

 

 

"This is not part of our deal!" he said angrily. "You can sleep and live here, but you cannot suddenly turn my house into a jungle!"

 

 

"I will return everything back to normal. I just needed to make sure that your house is pollution-free. All of these plants inhale pollutants and release fresh, pure oxygen." Dara was sitting cross-legged on top of the dining table which now looked like a moss- covered rock with several foliage sticking out all over it. She was busy munching some berries.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I thought all you needed to remain immune from pollution is my presence?"

 

 

 "These are not for me," she explained as she picked a round green fruit beside her and began to sip its juice. "The Bavilles are coming here."

 

 

"When did I allow you to invite your friends here?" he said firmly, trying to contain his anger.

 

 

"Why are you so angry this morning?"

 

 

"Because I don't like my house being invaded by plants and other creatures!" he glowered at her. He tried looking for a chair to sit on. He used to have several around the table. He soon discovered that the plants with large leaves surrounding the table were the chairs! "What have you done with my chairs?!" he was nearly shouting with frustration.

 

 

"Hmm, the furniture seemed to have been affected by the spells I used. It’s probably because they are made of wood, Oakwood right? They could be flowering any minute now." She smiled.

 

 

Jaejoong took a deep, long breath to control his temper. He made a mental note to himself to never again make a deal with Andaryad.

 

 

"Dara, turn everything back to what they were before," he quietly but firmly ordered her.

 

 

"But the Bavilles won't survive without these plants! They need clean air," she insisted. "Of all the Siesmyre folks, they are the ones with the least resistance to pollution," she pleaded.

 

 

"If you really need to talk to them, just go to them." He sat on one of the leafy chairs crushing several sprouting branches.

 

 

"Well, I'm not really the one they want to meet." She glanced at him.

 

 

"What do they want from me?" His gut began to tighten. Something bad seemed about to happen to him.

 

 

"They want to know if what you did for me, you know, make me immune, and would also be possible for them. Did you know that there used to be thousands of Bavilles all over the world? But now, they number to less than two dozens. If you can't make them immune, they could all disappear before the year ends! Their babies die the moment they are born."

 

 

Jaejoong could ignore the Bavilles, leave them to their fate. But he couldn't. Something inside him was telling him he should try to help these Siesmyres. Probably his conscience which right now, he wished he didn't have. Jaejoong sighed.

 

 

"Don't send them here, Dara. We will go to them."

 

 

"Really?" Her eyes sparkled.

 

 

"But first, turn everything back to what it was before. I want my normal house back!"

 

 

"Done!" she clapped three times. The forest around them began receding. The leaves, vines and flowers started to shrink.

 

 

Jaejoong's eyes widened as he watched Dara's powers changing his house. His chair soon turned back to glazed Oakwood. Within seconds, his house was back to normal. The only sign of Dara's interior decorations were the hanging baskets and flower pots all over his house. All of them had seeds in them.

 

 

"You have to take these pots and baskets out too."

 

 

"Of course. But I will do that after we have returned from the Baville's home."

 

 

"Have returned?"

 

 

"Didn't you say a moment ago that we are going to the Bavilles?"

 

 

"I didn't say right now. I still haven't had breakfast!"

 

 

"We have to leave now, Jaejoong. A Baville is about to be born today. That baby will die if you don't go to them!" she insisted. "Yabu and Hye-jung never became immune even after meeting you, but it’s possible that the newly born could have that immunity. When you woke me up, I was also like a baby. So, it’s quite possible that you could make our newly born immune from the pollution. You need to touch the baby to give him the immunity he needs."

 

 

"Maybe the only reason you became immune was because you are not an ordinary Siesmyre. You could be much stronger than them." He didn't want her hopes up and then be totally disappointed.

 

 

"Nonsense! When the pollution started, I was the first one to get sick. And don't worry about your breakfast, we will stop by at a fast food joint and get some take-outs. My treat! I was able to sell a piece of gold yesterday, so I have money to spend now." She stood and grabbed his arm. "We should go now, Jaejoong, before it’s too late!"

 

 

Jaejoong sighed. There seemed to be no way out of this predicament. He stood up. He found himself staring at Dara's legs. She was wearing jean shorts cut high up her thighs. She had long, smooth, toned legs. Nothing scarred her complexion. Her legs and thighs were the most perfect he had ever seen. She jumped down from the table and started pulling him out of the house.

 

 

Jaejoong quickly reminded himself not to get affected by Andarayad's perfect beauty.

 

 

Her human form was created by magi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter