CHAPTER 73

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jaejoong was awakened by Dara. He noticed it was only two o'clock in the morning.

 

 

       "No, I will not make love to you," he mumbled. "We already have a demon son. I am not going to add another one."

 

 

       A small fire appeared on Dara's right forefinger. She pressed her finger on Jaejoong's bicep. Jaejoong yelped and jumped out of bed!

 

 

       "When are you going to stop doing that?!" he growled.

 

 

       "Our daughter is about to be born!" she said excitedly.

 

 

       Jaejoong forgot his irritation.

 

 

       "Then we should go! Give me a minute to put some clothes on!" He was only wearing a boxer short.

 

 

       "You can come as you are, husband, no one would mind if you display your six‑pack abs." she teased.

 

 

       Jaejoong grabbed his pants and a T-shirt and quickly got dressed. His wife was wearing a white nightgown and it's obvious that she had no intention of changing so he just grabbed her, unfolded his wings, activated his invisibility and opened their back door.

 

 

       Once they were up in the air, he felt Dara clung to him tighter. They both knew that with the birth of their daughter, her death was not far away. He pushed such thoughts away and concentrated on the present. This was a day to celebrate. He would finally see his daughter! His thoughts turned to their son. Every day, both he and Dara would visit the Sanctuary to check on their children. The fruit on the tree continued to grow while their son remained sleeping inside his orb. Their son would once in a while move and roll inside the orb, but he never once opened his eyes.

 

 

       When they reached the Sanctuary's chamber where their children currently resided, Jaejoong quickly noticed that not just the Elders were there. Representatives from all of the clans of the Siesmyres had started appearing. Even the Finder Unit was there.

 

 

       "This seemed like a big event for them," he commented.

 

 

       "Of course! Everyone is excited to see their new protector." Dara stood before the tree. The green, oblong‑shaped fruit was giving a much brighter glow today. Almost like an incandescent bulb. Though it reminded Jaejoong more of a green egg.

 

 

       Jaejoong glanced at the orb floating near the base of the tree. Their son was moving. But this wasn't the movement of someone still sleeping. His little arms were clawing at the orb encircling him!

 

 

       "Dara, our son seems determined to come out first."

 

 

       Dara turned to look at their son. She was about to hold the orb when Jaejoong held her back.

 

 

       "Demon babies burst out of their mother's womb. And I think that is what he is about to do."

 

 

       Everyone in the chamber noticed what was happening to the orb. As their son clawed and pulled at the orb, the orb began to lose its shape. The baby's small hand suddenly punched its way out of the orb! A soft pop was heard all around the chamber and the orb burst into dozens of pieces.

 

 

       But Jaejoong's eyes were not on the orb. It was on his son. As the orb shattered, his son came hurtling directly toward him! Jaejoong quickly caught his son with his hands. The baby had grown into the size of a newborn human baby. His small hands had long fingernails, and they clutched at Jaejoong's arm. Jaejoong felt the small nails dug into his flesh.

 

 

       "Jaejoong, what is he doing?" exclaimed Dara.

 

 

       "Feeding, I think."

 

 

       "Feeding?"

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter