CHAPTER 36

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The darkness of space disappeared before Jaejoong's eyes. It was replaced by a white ceiling with a large and exquisite chandelier made of crystals. The chandelier looked familiar. It looked so much like the one he often saw whenever he was in Countess Hyori's office. Why was he seeing the ceiling of the countess's office in the last moments of his life?

 

 

"What has happened? Where are we?" demanded the voice of the Archangel that look like Na-young.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You are all inside the office of Countess Hyori, Tae-hee. In short, you are also inside the headquarters of Midnight Corp.," explained Dara's voice.

 

 

Jaejoong strained to turn his head toward the direction of Dara's voice. He wanted to see her, made sure this wasn't a dream or a delusion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara came to him. She was teary-eyed as she gazed down on him. Clenching her teeth, she grabbed the hilt of the sword and pulled it out of his chest! It was clear that the sword never brought Dara any pain, but Jaejoong felt the pain of the sword being pulled out of his chest. He screamed! In a way the pain made him realize he was still alive.

 

 

"What have you done, Dara?" demanded Countess Hyori's angry voice.

 

 

"Why have you brought them here? These Archangels do not belong here!"

 

 

Dara ignored the countess. Her eyes never left Jaejoong.

 

 

"Timmy, Cosmo, Wanda, take care of Jaejoong!" she ordered the three Finders before she positioned herself between Jaejoong and the Archangels.

 

 

"You cannot kill him, Tae-hee!" Dara insisted as she grasped the huge silver sword behind her.

 

 

"You have no power to order me around, Dara." The Archangel's features remained hard as she stared at the silver sword. The sword vanished from Dara's hands and reappeared in the archangel's right hand. "And if you are going to use as a bargaining point that, that creature is the son of my sister Na-young, you will be wasting your time. My family and I have never considered that monster as part of our family!"

 

 

"His name is Jaejoong!" Dara angrily corrected her,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter