CHAPTER 67

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

       Two years had passed since Lee Junki gave Andaryad the permission to fight and kill Princess Hyori. He of course did it to further his career. Dara, not being an employee of the Midnight Corporation., could not claim the spoils of the battle. Her husband although an employee of the company was not interested in the position and powers Andaryad had won. And as Junki had predicted, these powers and position were automatically handed to him, since he was after all, the immediate superior of Dara's husband.

 

 

       From being a Marquis, Junki automatically acquired the rank of a prince as well as the seat of the former Princess Hyori in the Midnight Council.

 

 

       But to officially become a prince, Junki still needed to go through several rituals. Such rituals took time and preparations since they were designed to announce not only to all the employees of Midnight his new status but also to inform their rival company, the Lightside Inc., of the identity of the new councilman of Midnight. There were nine rituals that had to be performed before he could formally take on the title of a prince.

 

 

       But Junki had only gone through three of these rituals. His work and position as ambassador and head of the Armistice Department were preventing him from scheduling the next six rituals.

 

 

       He was supposed to quit his position in the Armistice Department but the Midnight Council wouldn't allow him to unless he had chosen a worthy successor for the job. His counterpart in Lightside, the Virtue Bae Yong Jun was of no help either. Of the ten candidates he had taken with him during his meetings with Bae Yong Jun, none of them was able to best or even proved to him that they would be able to take on Bae Yong Jun. All failed. The Lightside Ambassador made mincemeat out of his candidates to succeed his post.

 

 

       With no one to take over his position in the Armistice Department, Junki was forced to continue being the ambassador. The job of a Midnight Ambassador was already taxing, but the Midnight Council had also decided to make him attend their meetings whenever a tie‑breaker was needed when it came to making decisions for the company. And it had always been the case whenever a major decision was to be decided. The thirteen numbers of the councilors in the council was essential to get a majority vote to form a new law, execute, or punish some stupid misbehaving high-ranked demon.

 

 

       So, Junki now found himself doing two jobs while not yet officially a prince because he couldn't attend to the rituals needed for him to become one due to commitments to the Armistice Department and the Midnight Council occupying all his time!

 

 

       This was not what Junki's envisioned when he agreed to Dara's duel with Princess Hyori!

 

 

       His cell phone rang. His handsome face darkened when he saw Jaejoong’s name.

 

 

       "What now?!" he snorted at his underling. Junki in his human form looked like a young man in his mid‑twenties. He was currently sporting curly purple hair parted at the right side. His eyes were violet in color as well as his manicured nails. He was fascinated with anime fashion trends, and he often styled himself into the latest anime character he was currently watching.

 

 

       "You are always upset and angry these days, Junki. You should take a vacation."

 

 

       "Vacation!" he screamed. "Do you know that I don't even have a minute to myself these days anymore? I haven't ed any woman in months because I have no time for my social life, and it's all because I was foolish enough to even agree to Dara‑"

 

 

       "I need permission to kill a minion."

 

 

       "A what?" he blurted. "What minion?"

 

 

       "His name is Alfred Yu. He's a drug lord."

 

 

       "It's not your job to kill him."

 

 

       "But I can kill him, right? He's already a Midnight minion and though he's still alive, his soul already belongs to Midnight, and Lightside has no hold on him."

 

 

       "Why do you want to kill him?" Junki couldn't help but be suspicious. He considered Jaejoong his prized fighter. He was grooming him, protecting him and allowing him much leeway so that in the future, he would be able to use his strength and powers to further enhance his career and rank. Junki had no intention of simply remaining a prince. He wanted the Midnight Throne. To be crowned the king of Midnight. The position had been vacant since the last king of Midnight perished during the Great War. No one wanted to take the position. They were afraid of the consequences. But Junki wasn't. The throne had been his lifelong goal.

 

 

       "Since when did you start asking me why I want to kill someone?" remarked Jaejoong.

 

 

       "Because you never asked for my permission! You simply go and kill whatever demon pisses you off. I always have to hear it from the MIB when they are already reporting your recent kills in every goddamn news and social media!"

 

 

       "So, can I kill him?"

 

 

       "You are still going to kill him even if I forbid you to do it."

 

 

       "Yes. But you should know that he is a minion under General Sung-oh. If General Sung-oh demanded a duel with me since I killed one of his minions, I would then have to kill him too. So, it's best that you personally inform the general. If the general gets killed, the Midnight Council won't like it."

 

 

       Junki groaned.

 

 

       "Damn you, Jaejoong!"

 

 

       "So, are you going to talk to General Sung-oh?"

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter