CHAPTER 39

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

When Jaejoong regained consciousness three days ago, he found himself again in the house of Elder Duk Hwa. His hand was healed, and all his fingers had been restored to their right numbers. As if he never lost three of them. When he checked the rest of his body, all of his injuries including the one on his chest, had been healed. Even his heart was beating normally. And there weren't even any scars. The only scar he could find in his body was the one on his right shoulder. He had also regained all his strength.

 

 

He was puzzled why all of his injuries healed by the Siesmyres never left any scar. His body could heal itself without leaving any scar as long as the wounds and injuries didn't come from holy and dark weapons. The only answer he could think of was that the Siesmyre healers were much better than the healers of Lightside and Midnight. Healers that he had yet to meet and thank.

 

 

Something flashed in his mind. The Finders that Dara ordered to take care of him while he was bleeding on the floor of Princess Hyori's office made him sleep. But could those three be also healers? He knew that every one of those one hundred Finders have special capabilities and powers, maybe those three also had healing abilities that left no scar.

 

 

The three days he spent cloistered inside Elder Duk Hwa's house further restored his strength and powers. But his emotions remained in turmoil. His thoughts kept coming back to what Dara had done to him.

 

 

His thoughts were cut short by the arrival of a visitor. The sound of fluttering wings was unmistakable. He turned and smiled upon seeing his favorite Finder.

 

 

"Are you sure you're well enough to fly around?" he teased Yabu. Elder Duk Hwa had already told Jaejoong what really happened to Yabu on the moon. Yabu successfully led Prince Teddy away, but the latter caught up to the Finder much faster than Jaejoong had anticipated. Prince Teddy used his invisible hand to crush Yabu. The hand caught the left side of Yabu's body before he could turn himself invisible. Wounded and unable to fly anymore, Yabu couldn't go to the other side of the moon where Jaejoong was waiting. But Yabu served as guide to the other Finders led by Bright to find Jaejoong. Yabu was carried by the other Finders and was also among those who created the transportation nets. The Finder unit could only create the magical net if all one hundred members were present. Jaejoong just didn't notice Yabu among the Finders because of his darkening sight.

 

 

Jaejoong raised his right arm to allow the Finder to perch on his forearm.

 

 

"The Siesmyre healers are the best at what they do. And I don't have any reason to mope and imprison myself inside an ice house," said Yabu with a hint of admonition.

 

 

Jaejoong ignored Yabu's words.

 

 

 

"What are you doing here anyway?"

 

 

"Doing my job. Your visitor from Midnight Inc. couldn't find this village so I have to temporarily serve as guide."

 

 

"Who is my visitor?" Could it be Hyuna? He cringed

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

"Hello? Jaejoong?" called a familiar voice outside the doorway. Jaejoong was surprised to recognize the voice as belonging to Heechul.

 

 

He walked over to the doorway to welcome the demon.

 

 

"Heechul? What are you doing here?"

 

 

"I don't do personal deliveries, but Princess Hyori personally ordered me to deliver something to you." Jaejoong noticed the small red handbag in Heechul's hand.

 

 

Jaejoong motioned Heechul inside the house.

 

 

"That handbag seems better suited for a woman," he commented. "Just tell Princess Hyori, I appreciate her gift but I don't think I would be needing a handbag."

 

 

Heechul laughed.

 

 

"Don’t be silly! This bag is mine. The one I am delivering is your new wings. It was one of the promises Princess Heechul gave to the Andaryad. I had to do some overtime work just to make those wings specially for you."

 

 

Jaejoong frowned. Heechul wasn't carrying anything else. Unless his new batwings was inside the bag or in Heechul's pocket.

 

 

"Are you giving me baby wings?"

 

 

Heechul giggled like a girl.

 

 

"Is there any mirror here?"

 

 

"The ice walls served as mirrors for the Tarosians," explained Yabu.

 

 

"Well, if they are, they are useless since I can't see my reflection," complained Heechul who stood in front of one of the walls.

 

 

"Wait, Elder Duk Hwa told me how to make these walls reflective." Jaejoong approached the wall in front of Heechul and began rubbing it with his palm. Soon, the wall cleared and began to look like a big mirror.

 

 

"That's cool!" praised Heechul. "Anyway, I need to take your old wings out first. Take off your shirt and spread your wings," he ordered.

 

 

He followed Heechul's instructions. He had already seen the state of his bat wings. They were still attached to his back, but they were now useless. Only the lower part had rema

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter