J-Hope 12

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Monsta X - If Only

Hoseok opened his eyes to the morning light and the smell of freshly made pancakes.

He hummed pleased. Rather than waking up in an unknown hotel room somewhere around the world, he was home. He stretched his tired body but eventually got up from the bed. The feeling of missing his wife overcame the tendency to sleep.

Hyeri was in the kitchen, mixing the ingredients of pancake in a bowl. Suddenly arms slipped around her waist from back and she was enveloped in the warm back hug of her husband.

Hyeri smiled. “Morning.”

Hoseok rested his chin on her shoulder. “Morning darling.”

“Are you feeling better?” She referred to the bad jet lag he had last night.

“Better.” He nodded. It was near noon so it meant that he had slept for almost 12 hours and now he could feel that he had survived.

Hyeri turned around to face him but finding him still shirtless she flinched in surprise. Hoseok grinned. He liked the fact that even after seven years of marriage the heat hadn’t died between them. Hoseok pinched her cheek playfully before leaning his back to the cabinet as Hyeri went back to pancakes.

“Where are the guys?”

“Minseok and Minri are at their kindergarten and Hyuk is sleep… thankfully.” She giggled.

A fatherly smiled appeared in Hoseok’s face. He just couldn’t believe that their little twins, Minseok and Minri, were turning five soon. His only baby boy was Hyuk now.

“They’re growing up so fast.” Hoseok sighed.

“I know… sometimes I can’t believe it too…” She glanced at her husband’s eyes but before the vibe would get too gloomy she tapped on his . “Now go wash up. Delicious pancakes are waiting for you.”

Hoseok went away with a smile but not after pecking his wife’s cheek sweetly.

After getting out of the shower, Hoseok dressed in casual clothes. On his way to the pancakes waiting for him, he went to check on Hyuk. The baby boy had just wakened up and was ready to cry when Hoseok picked him up his cradle.

“How have you been baby boy~? Uhm?” Hoseok sing-songed to him who shyly giggled and hid his face on his father’s shoulder.

Hoseok went toward kitchen while playing with Hyuk. Hyeri took Hyuk from him so he can eat breakfast. He was halfway through it when their telephone went off.

“I got it.” Hoseok said before standing up.

Hyeri heard his always bubbly voice saying ‘hello’ but after that, it was only his serious voice saying ‘yes’ while apologizing and assuring that he would be there as fast as possible.

Still hugging Hyuk, Hyeri went to the living room, eyeing Hoseok cautiously. She only hoped that there wasn’t anything wrong with his work.

Finally, Hoseok looked at her and started talking. “It was from kindergarten.”

Hyeri felt anxious at once, assuming they got hurt.

Hoseok read her expression and explained further although he was still in shock at what he had heard. “Minseok… h-hit another child…”

“WHAT?!” Hyeri couldn’t be more shocked. “Our Minseokie?!”

“Yeah.” Hoseok got himself together. “I’m as shocked as you but it’s better to get there fast.”

Hoseok dashed to their bedroom to change into something more formal. Hyeri followed him.

“Should I come with you?” She asked worriedly.

Hoseok, who had already changed, walked toward her and squeezed her shoulders to assure her. “I can manage. I’ll call you if anything happened.” Then he walked past her quickly and grabbed his car keys before heading out.

All the way to the kindergarten, Hoseok was thinking hard. What had caused his little son to hit another child? Was it even true? Maybe the other kid had started the fight and Minseok was only defending himself. However, that excuse wasn’t believable for him. Neither he nor Hyeri had a temper. They had always treated their children warmly and with a smile. Even when they had to scold them, they did it softly. Hoseok just couldn’t get how his always smiling four-year-old boy hit someone.

He finally reached the kindergarten and dashed inside. He found the head’s office and knocked. Taking a deep breath he walked inside, only to find Minseok and Minri sitting there holding hands while another four-year-old boy and his mother were giving them looks.

“Appa!!” Minseok and Minri saw their dad at once and felt relieved.

Hoseok gave them a quick assuring nod, hiding his own anxiousness. Then he bowed to the principal and the mother of the child and sat down beside Minseok.

The old principal sighed and adjusted his glasses before speaking. “Mr. Jung I know very well that you’re busy but when it comes to children’s discipline, I have to say I’m quite stern.”

“Yes, sir.” Hoseok nodded politely. He especially chose that kindergarten for his children to be educated well from a young age and he knew well that the staff wasn’t going to treat him or the twins different only because he was famous.

The principal went on. “I have to say I didn’t expect such a misbehavior from Minseok.”

“I’m really sorry, I’ll make sure he’ll never do such a thing again.” Hoseok apologized sincerely then glanced at the mother and bowed. “I’m really sorry.” Hoseok eyed the boy for the first time. He seemed big for his age and was wearing a secret smirk.

“Yeah…” She said impatiently.

Hoseok nudged Minseok slightly. “Apologize.”

 “Appa! I did nothing wrong!” For the first time ever, Minseok raised his voice. “I told Jaeho that we have a dad but he kept on laughing at us and telling everyone that we don’t have a dad!” Minseok let out the truth finally.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter