Suga 11

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Melody Day & Ilhoon - You Seem Busy

You eyed your little son, Yul, playing with his dinner instead of eating it. His small sighs were cute however they made you sad.

“Baby, what’s up?” You asked him kindly although you were perfectly aware of the reason behind his gloomy vibe.

Yul sighed one last time before finally raising up his head that was lowering more and more each second and you were worried that his chin would go inside the plate of soup before him.

“Omma...” Yul started. “Appa forgot about me, didn’t he?”

You were taken aback by your son’s words. Right, he was turning six soon, he wasn’t a kid anymore.

“Yul ah, don’t say that. Appa is just very busy with his work, he didn’t forget about you.” He did forget. You tried to smile at your baby boy but your heart was hurting because you lied to him.

Your husband had promised Yul many times to teach him how to ride a bicycle but he had to postpone it several times due to his busy and demanding job as a musician. Today, Yoongi had promised to pick up Yul from kindergarten, have a family lunch with you and then take him to the playground. However, the brand new bicycle on the corner of the house, as well as the uneaten lunch and the fact that you picked up Yul from kindergarten one hour after all the kids had left, all were signs that Yoongi had totally forgotten.

“I wish appa could spend more time with me.” Yul said before finishing his meal and going to his bedroom to get ready to sleep.

You let out a deep breath when Yul left. I wish he could spend more time with us too.

After tucking Yul in bed and cleaning up the kitchen, you changed into your pajamas and went to bed but instead up sleeping you busied yourself with a book. Yoongi had already messaged you that he would be late and you shouldn’t wait up for him but you wanted to see him and have a few words with him. He was a workaholic and you had accepted the fact back then when you two were dating. But right now you weren’t thinking about yourself, as long as you were sure that Yoongi wasn’t lying or seeing other women. Now your son’s feelings were more important and you couldn’t just watch your little son getting hurt anymore. You wanted Yul to grow up while being showered with both his parent’s love.

You didn’t know exactly what time was it since you were sleepy but you knew that it was already past midnight when finally Yoongi came back home.

You quickly opened your eyes and straightened up when he walked into your shared bedroom.

“Hey, why didn’t you sleep?” Yoongi asked you as caring as always. He had always been warm inside although he seemed cold outside and that secret kindness was what made you fall in love with him at first place.

“Oppa, I need to talk with you.” You said seriously and it made Yoongi alerted since you wouldn’t get this serious easily. “It’s about Yul…”

Yoongi stopped right after taking off his coat. It hit him suddenly. … today was the day I promised to take care of him… Yoongi turned toward the bed where you were sitting and raised up both his hands, trying to melt you with showing that he accepted his mistake. “I’m sorry, I forgot. I was totally caught up with work today…”

“He waited alone for an hour for you. He was totally sad when I fetched him and he was depressed all day.” You knew his work was important but you wanted him to see things from Yul’s view too. “He didn’t say anything but because his friend’s dads come to playground often and teach their sons how to ride a bicycle, he got sensitive too. I told him a few times that I can teach him too but he said he’ll wait for you.”

Yoongi started scratching his neck. “Sorry, I had this important meeting with Im producer and we…”

You had to cut him midway. “Oppa, Yul needs a dad.”

After seconds Yoongi nodded. “You’re right. I have to put more time for him.” Yoongi got closer to you and sat on the edge of bed right in front of you. “Tell him I’ll meet him tomorrow at five on the playground.”

You pursed your lips together. “You’ll show up… for sure…?”

“Yeah, I promise.” He nodded, then he leaned toward you and kissed your forehead. “It’s been a long time since we had some time together.”

“Tsk, whose fault is it?” You pouted since you missed your husband too. You hadn’t seen his face up this close for a long time too. He had lost weight or he looks like this because it’s dark…

“Oppa, do you eat well?”

“Sure. I don’t skip meals.” Yoongi assured you although it was just a lie.

He observed you carefully in silent. You had a haircut and your hair was shorter and dark brown now. He wondered how many small details about you and your son he was missing.

 

 

Yul was super happy after you told him that his dad would come to the playground. The little boy couldn’t sit for a second. He was jumping up and down with excitement. Finally, he went to the playground with his new bicycle. You didn’t accompany him since the playground was right down your apartment complex and Yul had just needed to ride an elevator which he used to since he went playing with his friends by himself.

After you finished making dinner, you hadn’t had anything more to do. Maybe it was your motherly sense that made you go down and watch some father and son interaction. It was already six so you assumed that the boys might finish their little date soon.

You didn’t find Yul or Yoongi on the front side of the playground so you walked through the playground looking for your son and husband.

You finally noticed Yul but the scene stopped you from walking. Among other children playing or riding bicycles with their fathers, your little boy was holding onto the bars, which were separating the playground from the street, and with his other hand, he was trying to ride his bicycle. With the help of bars, he would balance himself on the bicycle and he would ride a little, but just when his little hand got tired of holding the bicycle and he let go off the bars to grab his bicycle, everything would be ruined. He couldn’t even ride it for one meter but he wasn’t giving up and was keep on trying it with the help of metal bars, not his dad.

Tears circled in your eyes. He didn’t come. He forgot again. He promised that he would show up but he forgot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter