Jin 8

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Beast - Midnight

“Babe, are you free tonight?” Jin spoke to his hands-free while decreasing his speed as his car was approaching a red light.

“Yeah. I’m free.” Minju replied in her usual bubbly tone.

“Then let’s eat dinner together.” Jin stopped by the red light. “Your favorite seafood place.” Jin mentioned knowing that his girlfriend would be squealing in happiness anytime soon.

“Really?!” She nearly screamed in joy and Jin couldn’t help grinning. She was still cute despite her job that kind of changed her lifestyle. But she was still the cutest, sweetest and prettiest girl Jin had ever seen and the fact hadn’t changed after the five years of dating.

“Uhm, really.” He glanced to his right where a pink velvet ring box was sitting on passenger’s seat. “I need to tell you something.” His eyes sparkled while imagining Minju’s surprised face when he was going to give her the ring box and propose to her.

Then he noticed the new green light and blinked out his pleasurable thoughts. “Gotta go babe. Pick you at 7.”

“Ok, see you then oppa.” Minju giggled. “Drive safely.”

“Uhm.” Jin hung up and threw the hands-free near the ring box while driving to his apartment to get ready for his big night.

 

 

Minju was excessively beautiful that night. Jin couldn’t take his eyes off her or his ears off her lively voice. They finished the main dishes and were taking their sweet time sipping their glasses of wines while chatting. Minju was explaining stories about her workplace but half of Jin’s mind was on the ring box on his pocket. When Minju paused to sip her wine, Jin straightened up himself and tried to even his shaking breathing. He didn’t think he could get this nervous while proposing to the girl he’d dated for five years but exactly the fact that she was his long-term girlfriend was causing him to stiffen, he didn’t want to make any mistakes and lose her but instead wanted to do things right so he could spend a lifetime with her.

Finally, He manned up and started. “Minju, I need to tell you something.”

Minju put her glass on the table. She wasn’t reading his unstable expression since her mind was busy with the thing she wanted to tell him. “Oppa, can I go first and tell you something important?” Minju rubbed her hands together. “I’m very excited about it… pretty please… I’ll go first, huh?”

She was pleading so cutely that Jin gave up. It was hard to gather his courage again but on the other hand, he wanted her to listen to him with a free mind and full attention so he postponed his plan for some minutes.

“Sure, babe. Go on…” Jin secretly rubbed his sweaty palms to his suit pants under the table and gave her his full attention.

“Don’t be shocked…” Minju started excitedly. “Today they were electing foreign correspondents and guess what…” She paused with an obvious grin plastered on her lips.

Jin was staring at her with a blank expression. He didn’t want to guess. No, he didn’t even want to imagine being apart from her.

“I was chosen!” Minju cheered. “Can you believe this?” She stated excitedly about her achievement.

Jin blinked a few times. It was her dream. He knew it all along. From the day she started working at News station and became a reporter, this was what she wanted, to experience being a foreign correspondent and now the dream was lying there in front of her eyes. Who was Jin to stop her from chasing her dreams?  

Jin tried t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter