RM 7

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Monsta X - Need U

Professor Kim’s classes were always interesting and productive but today 34 students out of 35 weren’t concentrating on what he was saying. They were all busy worrying about the project he assigned them from the first day of the ongoing semester and which its deadline was today. At the first glance, the project seemed easy for a student in the third year of songwriting major. It was about writing lyrics for a piece that professor Kim composed, that was why most of the students pushed it back to the d-day without knowing that the melody was going to play with them and that wasn’t a normal piece of song coming from popular Kim Namjoon PD.

Namjoon glanced at his class sighed silently in disappointment. Only one person was looking at him and others were busy with their laptops or papers. He grabbed the remote control and turned off the projector.

“That’s it for today.” He announced the end of class fifteen minutes prior to its original time and frowned a bit when some students cheered in the back of the class. “As you all know, today you need to deliver your projects. I won’t accept any papers even one second past 11, so don’t waste your energy on excuses.”

A few sighs could be heard from different parts of the class. Professor Kim was annoying punctual.

Namjoon glanced at the only student with a relieved smiling face and assigned her to the task. “Choi Jisoo, gather all papers and deliver them to my office.”

“Yes, professor!” She replied energetically.

Namjoon gave his class one last look before walking out. When students grew certain that he was gone, some of them dashed toward Jisoo and circled her seat. On the other hand, Jisoo tried to hide her victorious smile.

“Jisoo ah, by any chance, have you written spare ones?”

“Did you really? Will you give it to me?”

“Hey, I was first!”

“I’ll pay for it.”

“I’ll pay double!”

Jisoo shook her head before jumping off her seat and taking place on her desk instead. Ah, my undying popularity… She pulled out papers out her backpack and waved them in the air.

“There are enough papers for everyone so don’t worry and just prepare your cash!”

The other half of class came running to join the circle of students around her.

“Did you really write 35 different kinds of lyrics?”

Jisoo nodded with a playful smile plastered on her lips.

“Then why we couldn’t write even one?”

Jisoo shrugged innocently before clearing her voice and going on. “Those who want a full mark should pay forty bucks. For B thirty bucks and rest aren’t well written and they may have similarities so ten bucks for them.”

“I want A!”

“B!! GIVE ME ONE!”

“I Was first…!”

“Line up!” Jisoo ordered from top of her desk. Soon the trade was beginning and almost all of the students were buying their homework from Jisoo, reading and maybe reprinting them under their own name. Meanwhile, Jisoo was more than content with her work. It wasn’t her first time selling her work like that. Last semester professor Min’s composing class had a difficult project too, however, Jisoo composed a few more songs and sold them to students who couldn’t write the song themselves. It was a win-win situation for everyone after all.

“What the heck is going on HERE?!”

Everyone froze on their places as a significant low voice rang in the classroom. After a moment of pure silence, Namjoon walked toward the circle of students around Jisoo. They made enough way for Namjoon to stand right in front of Jisoo who was holding some cash in her hands.

“Choi Jisoo, what’s the meaning of this?” Namjoon asked strict and mad enough for all students to back off as much as they could.

Jisoo gulped as his piercing eyes were at the same level of her. It was too late to run away. “Making money through music?” She suggested.

“CHOI JISOO!!!!” Namjoon yelled at her and she bit her lower lip.

He took his eyes off her and turned around to face the class. Why she had to bit her lip right in front of me…

“Give me all the papers you BOUGHT from her.” Namjoon ordered and eventually, after arguing a little, everyone handed him the papers

Namjoon took his eyes off the stock of paper in his hands and sighed. “Is there anyone who actually did the homework?”

A few students handed him their papers without arguing that they were unfinished.

“Rest of you will get a zero.”

“Professor…!” Objections could be heard from every corner of the class.

“No Argues!!” Namjoon made himself clear before turning to face Jisoo again. “My office. Now.”

Her shoulders sank low when she watched her favorite professor leave. How did he find out…?

“Damn it.”

“We were going to get zero in the first place so nothing has changed.”

“I want my money back.”

Jisoo started paying back their money with a sigh. As much as she did it at a low pace, eventually it ended and she had to go to Namjoon’s office and face her fate.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter