V 4 (Part 1)

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Onew - In Your Eyes

Another day. Why am I even alive?

For the past month, those are first thoughts that come to Taehyung’s mind in the morning.

Morning? Well, he doesn’t even know it’s morning even if it wasn’t for Miyoung’s voice saying good morning. He doesn’t have any idea that birds are resting in branches enjoying cherry blossoms if it wasn’t Miyoung who was describing them enthusiastically. He doesn’t know that his breakfast has already arrived if it wasn’t Miyoung who told him about the boiled egg, toast and orange juice.

Taehyung blinked a few times, just to make sure his eyes are open or just to make sure that he is still blind. Till a week ago he didn’t understand the meaning of ‘life can change in a second’ but now he believes in these words with every cell of his body. A week ago he was a successful young CEO of his father’s company and his father was proud of him taking after him in business.

Everything happened in a blink of an eye. Taehyung was driving to Busan for an important urgent meeting. A truck from the opposite line suddenly appeared in front of him. Blinding lights of the truck were the last thing he saw and maybe the last thing he’s seen for the rest of his life.

Taehyung woke up in hospital, his eyes covered with a bandage. The bandage was removed after days by no use, the doctor told him that he has lost his eyesight and to be exact is blind. Taehyung’s father left after hearing news, like the years Taehyung worked hard to prove himself to him was nothing, the childhood dream he sacrificed to get his father’s approval was worthless, his father made it clear that Taehyung is completely useless for him now and abandoned him in a hospital room he paid to keep Taehyung in, struggling in infinite hell of darkness by himself.

But soon Taehyung realized a thing. He wasn’t alone. When the doctor was telling him the fatal news of his blindness, there were two warm hands holding onto his. When he panicked, yelled and cried whole night rolling in his bed in frustration, there was someone patting his back soothingly whispering that everything will be alright. When his family abandoned him, there was a shoulder he leaned on and cried. Without him knowing, Taehyung started to develop feelings for her.

“Want to go out and get some fresh air?” Miyoung’s warm hand curled on his.

Taehyung smiled at the soothing touch and agreed to her plan by nodding. It’s Miyoung, his nurse, his only friend, his angel and his love. They spend every second of the past month together. Miyoung not only takes care of his health and makes sure he eats his meals properly and takes his medicines on time, but also tries her best to make his dull life more exciting. She reads stories for him every day, describes the outside scenery for him, tells him funny stories she heard from her colleagues and sometimes they just sit and talk about their lives, their dreams.

Miyoung holds onto Taehyung and helps him to get in his wheelchair. She covered his legs with a light blanket before pushing his wheelchair out his room. She stopped the wheelchair in hospital’s garden, there are lots of other patients with nurses out enjoying the nice spring weather. 

“Miyoung ah…” Taehyung called her knowing she is somewhere near.

“Yes?” Her gentle voice his ear and he assumed she is sitting beside him on a bench.

“How do you look like?” Taehyung asks curiously. He imagined her in his mind hundred times.

Miyoung chuckled before answering. “Just a normal girl. Why?”

Taehyung sighs hearing her answer. A month ago he only cared about money, big houses and expensive sports cars but now the only thing he wants in his whole life is just to be able to see her. His only wish is to become a man who can hold her in his arms. I’m just a useless loser, I shouldn’t even think of loving her. What has she done so wrong to become a white cane for a blind man… she deserves a better person than me.

Miyoung sensed his silence is strange and turns her face to see a gloomy expression on Taehyung’s face. Miyoung reaches for his hand and rubs back of it. “I have an ordinary face; people say my nose is pretty but I don’t see anything special about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter