Suga 6

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Monsta X - White Sugar

Requested by ‘pastelyoghurt’.

Yoongi didn’t remember when everything started but as long as he could remember it was always Haerin in his heart.

Maybe it was right from the start when six-year-old Haerin came to him in the playground and asked him if he liked to play with her. Eight-year-old Yoongi hated playground but her bright smile made him stand up from his seat and follow her.

Or maybe it was when Yoongi was fourteen and broke his arm. She was around from morning till night taking care of him.

Or maybe it was when Yoongi got first place in basketball in the senior year and she was there cheering for him. After the game finished, she kissed his cheek saying she was proud of him.

Or maybe it was one of their movie nights when Haerin would have fallen sleep on Yoongi and he couldn’t move in fear of waking her up. She always slept soundly while Yoongi’s heart was racing on his chest. He had to count backward from 300 in order to fall asleep.

Or maybe it was at Yoongi’s high school graduation party. Everyone was partying up and having fun but Yoongi was looking around with a frown since Haerin went missing. Finally, Yoongi found her in an empty classroom. Her head was resting on her hands on the table and her shoulders were shaking up and down. She was crying because she was afraid that with Yoongi’s graduation they fell apart and she couldn’t see him anymore. Yoongi wiped her tears and assured that wouldn’t happen. Haerin hugged him tightly and Yoongi patted her back.

Indeed, he kept his promise, till now that they’re both in college, they see each other almost every day.

Seeing them so close to each other over the years, everyone thought that they were siblings or a couple. But they were none.

Loving Haerin became as natural as inhaling air for Yoongi and being innocent and clueless was as common as exhaling air for Haerin.

She had always liked him and cared for him as a friend but never noticed any of Yoongi’s hints.

 

 

Yoongi parked his car in front of the restaurant. She looked at Haerin who was unbuckling her seatbelt.

“Thanks oppa! You’re the best!” Haerin thanked him in her usual excited voice.

“Are you sure, you don’t want me to pick you up?” Yoongi asked, a bit worried since it was her first time going to a birthday party with her college friends. She was so innocent and he was worried about her first experience of boys and alcohol.

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry. I’m twenty!”

“Whatever…” Yoongi rolled his eyes, still worried. If he hadn’t promised to see his old friends, Namjoon and Hoseok, that night, he would have followed her.

Haerin got off the car after saying goodbye. Yoongi watched her running clumsily toward the restaurant in her heels.

“Yah! Don’t run in heels, you’ll get hurt.” Yoongi shouted from car and Haerin looked back at him with an apologetic smile.

“Ok… ok!” She shouted before running again but at low pace this time.

Yoongi shook his head. “This girl…” He made sure Haerin entered the restaurant before leaving.

 

Haerin was a bit late and everybody was already gathered around the table, talking, eating and drinking.

“Haerin ah, come here!” Seyoung, the birthday girl and Haerin’s friend called her. Haerin greeted everyone before sitting between Yura, her other friend, and a boy.

“Hi, I’m Joon.” The boy greeted her with a charming smile but Haerin was stiff and bowed her head while greeting him back.

“Your Yoongi oppa drove you here?” Yura asked and Haerin turned her attention to her.

“Yeah…”

“You guys aren’t dating, right?”

Haerin’s eyes widen and she shook her head quickly. “We’re friends… since childhood.” She almost went red, she never thought about Yoongi that way. Who she was kidding… she never thought about dating let alone having a certain person in her mind…

“Ok, chill baby…” Yura smiled. “You should have invited Yoongi oppa in.”

“He had to meet with his friends.” Haerin reasoned.

“Ah! Too bad! I wanted to meet your knight in shining armor.” Yura sighed dramatically. “Next time, make sure to introduce me to him, okay? He is totally my type.” Yura winked before driving her attention back to others.

Haerin blinked a few times. Yoongi hadn’t dated anyone till now, just like her and the thought of introducing him to Yura who had a dozen of boyfriends till now, scared her.

“Say… you wanna a drink?” Joon offered Haerin a drink. She was hesitant at first but then accepted it. One drink doesn’t hurt, right? After all, I need to act like other college students…

 

Yoongi took a sip of his second drink while listening to Namjoon talking about the new studio he got. Usually, he stops after only one drink because he isn’t a strong drinker but that night he just felt like going on. His phone rang and he excused h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter