Jimin 11

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Jinho & Rothy - A Little More

Requested by ‘ichalibel’

Note: Sorry I couldn’t finish your request at that time. I know it’s late but I just felt like uploading it TT

 

Jimin tapped his pen nervously on his desk while trying to tear his eyes off the cup of coffee in front of him.

This morning he woke up five minutes early, in result he washed up and got ready for work five minutes prior to the original time. There wasn’t any unpredictable traffic jam on his way so he arrived at work and bought coffee for his boss five minutes earlier than other days.

Jimin touched the cup and got nervous. Right now it was at the temperature that she liked to drink it but five minutes later it wouldn’t be as warm as now. Yeah, he knew every little detail about his boss after working as her personal assistant for about a year. It wasn’t like she was going to throw a tantrum if her coffee was a bit colder than usual but Jimin knew how meticulous she was about everyday life or her work. She was the definition of a workaholic who lived for her job and perhaps that was the reason behind that she was the producers of one of the most high-rated reality shows while she was still in her twenties.

Jimin bit his lips and got up from his seat. He was about to exit the office to get a fresh cup of coffee when he heard the sound of her high heels. The majestic Jeon Joonhee walked in her fashionable yet formal work attire. Jimin bowed his head with a smile and handed her the cup of coffee. She replied to him with a nod, as always, and headed to her office.

Jimin grinned like a fool, tracing her with his eyes. Guess she got up five minutes early too… He was mentally squealing about the little unimportant fact when Taehyung, his coworker and friend, snapped him back to reality.

“Hey, don’t make it too obvious that you’re in love with the ice queen.”

Jimin kept on smiling while gathering the files he needed to hand over to her. There wasn’t any point in denying that he had feelings for his boss. 

“I pity you. seriously.” Taehyung started feeling bad for his friend who fell in love with a cold-hearted woman. “No matter how sweet you treat her, she won’t spare you a glance. Give up my friend before it will be too late.”

Jimin hurried past Taehyung and punched his arm playfully. “It’s already too late.”

 

Joonhee never talked outside work-related subjects, not to Jimin not to anyone else. The producing team had a close relationship but everyone knew that they should keep their distance from Jeon PD, everyone but Jimin. No matter how expressionless her face was, he always smiled at her, when the works were piled up he made sure that she ate, and if Joonhee were a person to admit things she really might have starved without him. She got used to her sweet and bubbly assistant that his ways of caring for her didn’t bother her anymore and unknowingly she liked the way he secretly took care of her.

Jimin entered her office after knocking. Joonhee sipped her coffee before putting the cup down. Her eyebrows were knitted and it made Jimin concerned.

“Is there anything wrong PDnim?” Jimin asked, approaching her.

“We’ve got low ratings on the show, two weeks in a row.” She explained. “We need a change in the show.”

Jimin thought for a second. “We can change the members. Maybe we can invite some popular idols.”

Joonhee nodded, obviously she had already thought of that. “That’s an option we should work on. Make a list of the idols who recently had a comeback or are going to have a comeback and see which one of them is free for the day of recording.”

“Yes, PDnim.” Jimin nodded, ready to go and get started on his task.

“And another thing...” Joonhee stopped him. “I thought about a change on the place of filming.”

“Do you have anything specific in your mind?

“I searched quite a few places…” She started and right then Jimin noticed her red eyes. She must have pulled an all-nighter again…

Joonhee showed him the papers with information about a mountain resort that had an alluring snowy view. “We need to go check on the place tomorrow.”

Jimin beamed at the thought of going on a trip with her. That was the dream. Even if it was only for a day but still it excited him to spend some time outside of work with her.

“Please ask assistant Kim if he can company me tomorrow.” She ended up and sipped her coffee. Jimin’s face fell. What about him? He knew that she wouldn’t let any personal feelings in while working but why she chose Taehyung over him.

Like she read his mind, Joonhee explained. “I need you to stay and manage the office on behalf of me.”

“Oh… yeah… as you want PDnim.” Jimin murmured before exiting her office. He had just experienced the big letdown of the century but no matter how disappointed he was he needed to inform others about their trip and also he had a flood of phone calls to make to the managers of idol groups.

 

Sun was shining bright and happy as it belonged to a warm lovely summer day, not to a cold snowy day. Jimin was tapping on the steering wheel while humming a melody. He was waiting in the car for Joonhee who said she would meet him outside the parking lot of the broadcasting building.

Jimin chuckled again remembering the incident of yesterday. Taehyung went into Joonhee’s office, coughing and sneezing all over the place. Joonhee didn’t know it was all an act and thought he got the flu so he replaced Jimin with him. Taehyung shot him a playful wink before sneezing like a tornado and making Joonhee kick hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter