RM 11 ( +J-Hope )

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Epik High & Younha - Umbrella

Requested by ‘byzeloxoxo’

Unknowingly, Hyerin was fiddling with the corners of her uniform skirt. Twenty pairs of curious eyes were glued to her while the homerun teacher introduced her as the new student.

“Hi, my name is Park Hyerin…” She didn’t have to explain she was transformed from Gwangju cause already the class was laughing at her Jeolla accent.

The teacher let out a little sigh at the behavior of her class. “Oh well… you can seat beside Namjoon. He is the class president and he’ll show you around and help you with your table.” She pointed at the owner of the 21st pair of eyes who had his head deep down in his notebook. “Namjoon?” She called and he titled up his head quickly.

“Yes teacher?” He asked innocently surprised.

“I know you are top of your class and even school but shall we at least pretend that you’re a student?” She walked out with that leaving Namjoon blinking clueless.

Hyerin walked past all the rows and took the empty seat beside Namjoon at the end of class. “Hi.” She said quietly while analyzing his face. He didn’t seem as nerd as the teacher pointed out. Actually, if she had seen him somewhere else she would have considered him as a member of a school gang.

“Hey.” Namjoon closed his notebook and waved with a smile. He had to admit that the small girl with shoulder-length hair looked so cute. “So you’re from Gwangju.”

“Yeah.” For the first time, Hyerin was ashamed of how she sounded. Being humiliated by her new class wasn’t fun at all.

Namjoon smiled a cute one. “Cool. My friend is from Gwangju too. I like the accent.”

“Really?!” Hyerin beamed happily. It seemed like Namjoon tickled the last drops of her confidence and got them back together.

“Yeah. Why should I lie?” Namjoon saw the still uneasy look on her face. “Hey, don’t care about others. It’s their habit to gossip but they eventually let go.”

Hyerin felt a lot better. That was the spirit she needed on the day of moving. “Thanks, Namjoon.”

 “No big deal.” He winked. “Welcome to BigHit high!”

 

After the Korean literature class, Namjoon gave Hyerin a tour of the school. They talked quite a lot and by the time they sat down side by side in the schoolyard with their lunches, it already felt they’d known each other for months.

Hyerin eyed Namjoon who was munching his burger. “You don’t have to keep my company all day. Don’t you have friends to eat lunch with?”

“My friend, J-hope, always has lunch with his dance crew and I tag along sometimes.” Namjoon titled his head and now he was glancing at her eyes that were mere inches away from his. “I'd rather be with you…”

“Oh…” Hyerin let out simply. She was lost in his eyes and her heart was racing for him without her permission. She definitely hadn’t planned on developing a crush on the charming class president on her first day of new school.

“So…” Flustered, Hyerin tried to change the subject. “Your friend’s name is J-hope?”

Namjoon finally turned his head away with a chuckle. He felt the heat between them and couldn’t help feeling interested in his new desk mate but he knew he shouldn’t act on impulse if he wanted to keep her.

“It’s his stage name. He is like one of the best dancers in BigHit high and also a rapper like me.”

“You’re a rapper?!” Hyerin asked surprised.

“Yeah, baby.” Namjoon winked before starting to show off his charm. “So I bring the monster back~ my monster swag~ so this is the monster track~ cuz of my freakin monster rap~” He rapped casually but it left Hyerin in awe.

“What was that?!” She claimed excitedly.

“Haha, they call me Rap Monster.” He giggles seeing her round surprised eyes. Why she had to be so cute.

“No doubt.” Hyerin nodded still amazed.

“So, what do you do?”

“Well, I dance.” Hyerin said rather proudly. Dancing was at first only a hobby for her but as time passed, it became her passion and something she wanted to do for rest of her life. As a result, despite her parents’ dissatisfaction, she moved to Seoul to pursue her dream.

“I should introduce you to J-hope someday.” Namjoon suggested.

“That’s great.” Hyerin smiled before going back to her lunch.

 

 

Months passed and Namjoon and Hyerin got a lot closer. They were inseparable in school and even hanged out together after school hours. Hyerin helped him with his dancing and Namjoon could say that he was finally interested in dancing. On the other hand, Namjoon couldn’t help falling for her harder and harder every day. He could say that she was interested in him too, it was kind of obvious in the lingering glances they shared often, but he couldn’t just bring up the subject and actually asked her on a date.

That brought them to a late winter evening when Namjoon asked Hyerin to meet him in the practice room he shared with his crew, BTS. He talked a lot about them for Hyerin and she knew that the crew was a big part of his life and she was very curious about them so she wanted to know them as well.

Namjoon stopped ruining his hair even more and turned his back to mirror. He wanted to look different or maybe handsome for Hyerin but it wasn’t working well. His stupid hair looked the same as every day.

“So tell us more about your girlfriend.” Jin asked.

They were all in the practice room, tired and hungry, waiting for Hoseok to come with snacks. He’d lost in rock, paper scissors and had to drop by convince store and buy snacks and drinks for all.

Namjoon groaned. “She is not my girlfriend, just girl-space-friend.”

“What is girl-space-friend?” Taehyung asked cluelessly before feeling hyped up. “Is she an alien?!”

Namjoon sighed and shook his head. Yoongi that was closest smacked Taehyung’s head.

“Aw! Why?” Taehyung rubbed the place while distancing himself from Yoongi and sticking to Jimin who dropped a protective arm around his best friend.

“But hyung she is the first girl you’re introducing to us.” Jungkook pointed out.

“Yeah because she is into music too.” Namjoon reasoned.

“And not because your ears go red while talking about her.” Yoongi teased and Namjoon growled in response. That was why he never brought out his love life to these guys.

“But hyung smiles a lot these days. I like her because she made hyung happier.” Jimin said sheepishly.

“Thanks Jimin but we’re not a thing.” He sighed, wishing they would be a thing. “We may be together someday but definitely not now so all of you please shut up, she’ll be here in any moments.” Namjoon threatened and everyone went back to their own things.

Minutes later there was a knock on the door and Namjoon literally flew to open it. He found Hyerin smiling shyly on the other side.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter