V 10

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: BTS - Not Today

Requested by ‘OppaSsi’

I was sitting on stairs with a cup of coffee warming up my cold hands. The staircase of our office was vacant most of the time and it was the best place for me to straighten up my thoughts.

I’d been working as an agent of national security service for six years now but still, there were times that I was truly afraid. However, being the captain of my team left me no space to show my fears and insecurities in front of my people or let the worries that were eating me alive actually get to me. I needed to stay professional throughout everything. So at times like this, hiding for some moments in the staircase was the best solution.

I sipped my coffee and massaged my temple. Tomorrow’s mission was going to be stressful even for my superiors. Just this morning we were informed about a terrorist attack that was going to happen the next day in Blue House. Yes, Blue House. The terrorists were targeting the president.

All the morning and afternoon went by in councils and meetings and then we started on preparations. It was past midnight when I finally got out our office to freshen up with coffee and sort out my thoughts.

Our plan was going to be simple. In morning’s meeting, they decided that someone needed to cosplay as the president and mislead the terrorists into our trap. Without hesitation, captain of Alfa team volunteered himself. It was decided that I should be on the undercover team too since I was the captain of Zeta team. I needed to dress up as a secretary. The other members would be president’s actual bodyguard team, since using the new faces of Alfa and Zeta team as bodyguards would be just completely obvious.

I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths. I’m professional… My team needs my support… I’m not afraid of anything… Yes…

I opened my eyes and got up. Leaving the staircase, I threw the empty cup of coffee into a bin and walked down the hallway towards my office. With all of the officers had already left, the building looked like a ghost house, but only till I saw a figure approaching me from the end of the hallway.

Why it had to be Kim Taehyung, the captain of Alfa team, out of all people?!

“Hi, dear captain of Zeta team.” He smiled brightly which I rolled my eyes on.

“Hello.” I said quickly, wanting to cut the unwanted conversation short. Everyone knew I was on bad terms with Taehyung and Alfa team.

“You’re still mad at me.” He pointed out.

“Wouldn’t you be mad at someone who butts in a case you and your team were working on almost for two years and right after all their hard work have been paid off, actually comes and takes all the glory of arresting the criminals?”

Taehyung sighed. “Look, I didn’t want to accept the case… that was uppers’ decision. For god sake, will you just let it go?” He begged.

“No! Never!” I growled at him. I knew it wasn’t his fault that they took away the case from us in the last moment and gave it to Alfa team but on the other hand, I needed someone to blame and the poor captain Kim was the one. My team and I shed blood, sweat and tears for the case and the ones who were awarded were Alfa team. Not fair.

Taehyung dropped his head low. “Okay, I was hoping we just let go of the past and restart since we’re going to work together tomorrow. But guess you really hate me.” He then glanced up and patted my shoulder in a friendly way. “Good luck on tomorrow, captain.”

I watched him kind of guilty as he gave me a sad smile before walking away. That dejected expression and those pure sorrowful eyes made me feel like a really bad person. I didn’t mean to be the harsh person there but it just turned out to be that way. Although we had some sort of history together that didn’t stop me from admiring him when he bravely volunteered himself this morning.

That was why now I was feeling like sending a soldier to the battlefield with a sorrowful memory.

I took some moments watching him disappearing into a corner before hitting my cheeks to get my conscious back. You don’t have time for being emotional.

Rest of the night went by as I reviewed the plan and read the information we got from the terrorists and their backgrounds. It was three in the morning when I closed my weary eyes and took a nap which I really needed it to be charged for the upcoming mission.

 

 

I was walking back and forth in the room where we were settled in since early hours of the day. Taehyung was sitting with his elbows rested on his knees and his head dropped down. We’ve been there for hours yet we didn’t talk much aside from the ongoing mission. The air between us was even more awkward since it was the first time I was seeing him in a suit and I had to admit he looked quite handsome.

I stopped by a mirror and unnecessarily fixed the formal dress shirt I was wearing. Then I pulled my short hair up and tied it in a ponytail. When I was done, I met eyes with Taehyung through the mirror. We glanced at each other for a silent moment before a voice started speaking in our both in ears.

“To V and Ben… start the mission.”

I took a deep breath as our commander ordered us by our nicknames. Taehyung gave me an assuring nod before getting up. As we opened the door and walked out, the group of tall well-built bodyguards surrounded us and we started heading to the second floor.

We were supposed to go to an office room on the second floor which was surrounded by hidden armed forces. We were supposed to trap terrorists in there and capture them, but little did we know that they had another plan for us.

A high pitched earsplitting noise came through my in-ear and in a blink of an eye, I was on my knees with blood streaming down my nose. I grabbed the in-ear and threw it around while cursing under my breath. I looked around and Taehyung wasn’t any better. He cleaned the blood with the back of his hand and stood up. I did so only to come to halt by the scene happening before me. All the bodyguards were pointing their guns at us.

Damn it… they were the spies…

One of them opened a door and eight other men barged into the hallway. They spared us a glance before running to other pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter