Suga 9 (Part 1)

BTS Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Davichi - This Love

Requested by 'bloopgloop'.

Jieun was fifteen when she fell in love. Back then she was young and naive, she didn’t know her pure feelings could turn into something life threating and also unreachable. As a princess of Shila, she was supposed to marry a man that had been chosen for her because of political reasons but she didn’t want to live as the second wife of the old and scary prime minister for rest of her life.

Midnight and Jieun sneaked out her resident with help of her trusted maid. Grabbing tightly the corners of the cloak that were keeping her identity anonymous, she made her way to the gazebo in the middle of the garden.

She wasn’t surprised to see Suga already there. It was their hideout, their secret place where they’d meet for the first time there and kept on seeing each other on the same spot for the past three years. It was a place where Jieun wasn’t the daughter of king and Suga wasn’t just her bodyguard. It was the place that Jieun was a girl in love with a man and Suga was a man ready to give his life away for Jieun not only because he was her bodyguard but because he was sincerely in love with her.

His eyes sparkled as he saw Jieun getting closer to the gazebo while her maid went back. Jieun stepped in the gazebo and pulled down the cloak from her hair. Her eyes weren’t as shiny and bright as always and they both knew the reason.

Suga bowed down his head before glancing back to her eyes but it was a mistake since the obvious tears that had been formed in her eyes since the moment she saw him, made his heart go weak.

“My lady...” Suga started.

“Don’t call me that!” Jieun objected, fighting the tears that were blurring her eyesight.

Suga looked down.

He was strong, all his enemies were afraid of him, even his men were sometimes scared of him. But why he felt weak in the heart when it came to her, he didn’t know. He came here to make her hate him and forget about him but why he was frozen, he didn’t know either.

Why was he losing all his strength just by the sight of her tender eyes?

No, he shouldn’t go weak here. He needed to be courageous for the sake of both of them.

“Jieun. We should stop everything right here.” He started and hoped that she wouldn’t notice his shaking voice.

Jieun watched him to see a sign of joking but he was dead serious about what he was saying.

“That’s it?! We should stop?” She cried out in disbelief. “That’s all you can do? You said you love me but now you’re just backing off this easy? Without even fighting?!”

“There is nothing I can do… our love was impossible from the beginning…” Suga let out a heavy breath.

Tears started falling down her cheeks. “Can’t you fight for our love?” She shouted desperately.

Suga dropped his head, not having the courage to look her in the eyes. One look and all he had built up would turn into powders by her sharp tears. I’m more than willing to fight for our love, I can give away my life for you but that will put you in danger too and I don’t want you to get hurt… Yeah, he was coward. A coward who couldn’t see her getting hurt.

Jieun observed him in the dead silence of night. Was he that kind of person? Was he that coward? She thought he would do anything to protect him. She thought he would fight for her and would save her from the grasp of the prime minister who was even older than her own father.

Jieun cleaned her cheeks. She had pride too. It wasn’t like a princess to beg for love. “Fine, let’s stop here. I don’t want a man who backs off easily. I don’t love you anymore and I don’t want to see you again.”

Suga finally looked up at her.

It was his first mistake.

Maybe her words seemed cruel but her eyes were tender and sad like before and it pained his heart.

She turned around to leave and also to hide her tears that were turning her into a mess, but it was late and Suga had already known that she didn’t mean the things she said.

He dashed toward her as quick as wind passing by, grabbing her wrist, he turned her around and matched his desperate eyes with hers.

It was his second mistake.

After a second that felt like hours, he darted his eyes to her lips. Moving forward till his lips were only inches away from hers, he hesitated.

Her widened eyes fell slowly closed as she felt the sensation of his lips. They slowly crashed onto hers and in just a moment she went numb but also could feel a sea of emotions pouring into her from his soft lips. Was that the magic of the first kiss?

Just a few seconds to the kiss and Suga was alerted. There were noises coming from around and they were getting closer and closer, by any second

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter