Going once! Going twice! SOLD!

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

“Dude, where’s Sunmi?” Luhan asked Sehun while they sat on the circular table.

“She’s at home with Jinsuk doing homework.” he replied.

“Does she know you’re here?” Chanyeol added.

Sehun shook his head and instantly earned himself death glares from his hyungs. “What?”

“Bro, if you don’t want trouble with your girl. You need to be honest with her.” Kris reprimanded him.

“Yah! It’s not like I came to bid for some random girl. I just came to watch. Tch! Besides, she’s not allowed to be here anyway so I didn’t ask her to come.” Sehun fixed his bow tie.

“Reasons! Just don’t do it next time. You got it?” Suho pointed a finger to him.

“Araseo!” Sehun slumped in his chair.

----------

MC Jaesuk made a brief introduction about the event. He was really entertaining and encouraging that the room roared with male thundering voices. It’s like watching an MMA match where guys would amusingly howled to a bloody fight in the octagon ring.

“Yeorobeun! Are you ready for this?” he hollered.

“YEAAHHH! WOO! WOO!” the guys replied with their fists in the air.

“ARASEO! ARASEO! I understand how excited you are to see the lovely-fine-young ladies of SMU. Without further adieu, LET THE AUCTION BEGIN!” he screamed.

Then the bid calling started. I remained seated on a chair behind the curtains trying to loosen up my trembling hands and knees. Some of the girls started leaving and didn’t come back which means they have been successfully “sold”. I was in awe at how they carried themselves. Aside from the fact that they are model material, their confidence was overflowing with oozing appeal. ‘I feel so ugly right now…’ I sighed.

“Gwenchana?” Jinsuk asked.

I raised my head to meet her gaze and forced a smile. “I shouldn’t be here, Jinsuk. I don’t think I can raise enough money for the charity.”

“Yah… Didn’t you hear what Jaesuk oppa told you? You’re beautiful, girl! And I wouldn’t drag you here if I’m not confident in you. Just believe in yourself and in the power of raging hormones.” she laughed.

“What the hell? You’re supposed to make me feel better. Aish!” I ignored her and listened to the MC instead. I heard a girl has just been sold at 10 thousand US dollars while others ranged from 5 to 8 thousand. “Damn, those people are willing to pay that much dough for a girl? And using a different currency! Are they desperate?” I murmured.

“Any male student is qualified to bid and you’re dealing with students of SMU here. You know that every person in the school is filthy rich… That’s how they roll sis!” Jinsuk explained.

“Except me, of course!” I laughed. “What are they gonna do with the girl then?” I kicked my heels aside and sat crossed leg on the chair as I face her.

“It depends. If the guy with winning bid likes her, they will go on a date. If not, he will ask her to do some errands like doing homework, wash their cars, clean there hideouts, the list could go on.” Jinsuk counted with her fingers.

“Jeungmal? Why would they even pay just for a girl to do that for them?”

“Bragging rights, sweetie! It’s all about pride and honor of the group.” my mouth shaped like an ‘o’ as she continued. “This has been a tradition in SMU for a decade now and it helped the hospital a lot.”

“I’m just wondering though, is this whole event safe for the girls? I mean, they could get or abused, y’know!” I gestured my hand.

“Nope! Definitely not!” she X-ed her hands. “Coz if that happens, the guy who would do that will be expelled and sent to jail, no questions asked!”

“Uwaaaa~ That is so cool!” I heaved a sigh of relief.

The same director then walked up to us. “Sunmi-shi, you’re up next!”

“Oh ! OH.MY.GOD! My dear Buddha! All the angels out there! Please help me! Aigoooo~” I panicked as I slipped into my heels.

The makeup artist had to follow me around as I started pacing once again so Jinsuk held my shoulders. “Hey… Hey… Calm down… Deep breaths! Everything’s gonna be fne. I’ll peek in that curtain should you need anything, okay?” she rubbed the goose bumps off my arms and I nodded.

I closed my eyes as I the titanium band on my left ring finger. “Hoooo~” I breathed. ‘You can do this, Sunmi. Don't take it personally. This is for the kids!' I repeated my mental note. The butterflies in my system remained still but I’m pretty sure it’s just for a brief moment.

“Sunmi-ah, you got this! Show them girls, how it’s done!” Jinsuk encouraged me and we did our hand gesture. It’s a high five followed by slapping the palms then pounding our fists. “Oh how I miss doing that!” I beamed and it actually eased my nerves.

Jinsuk and I walked closer to the curtains after the mc announced the girl has been sold to Super Junior’s Lee Donghae at 10 thousand USD. “That girl is cheap! You deserve more than that. Believe me!” Jinsuk whispered.

“Hey! Let’s not be too cocky, a’right? I might end up with just a dime.” and she just smirked.

I can see the lights got dimmer and the mc’s voice got louder. “Yeorobeun! We’ve reached our final girl and we saved the best for last. Y’all ready?” and the roof shook from the desperate male voices. “Now, before I bring her out. I gotta say something…” Jaesuk added and they all became silent. “This girl took my breath away. She’s utterly beautiful and I trust you treat her well. If I hear any complaints from her, I will beat the living hell out of you myself. Araseo!”

“NEEHHH!!!” they all replied with their manly tones.

“Gosh! Way to set an expectation!” I facepalmed.

Half of Jaesuk’s body suddenly appeared behind the curtains while grinning like a dork to me. “Sunmi-ah, are you ready?”

“N-Nee-hhh…” I stammered.

He reached out his free hand to me and I had to take it coz my knees were shaking so hard while my calves could almost explode. ‘ these heels!’

I trailed behind the giggling MC as he tugged me by the wrist. I borrowed some much needed confidence from the previous girls and tried my best to walk with poise and elegance. The grand ballroom became eerie and quiet. I can see a mix of bulging eyes, hungry stares, and blank gazes with random mouths hanging wide open.

But in my peripheral vision, I can see a table with a whole lot different reaction. Their eyes formed into slits as they all glared at me looking rather confused.

----------

“Isn’t that Sunmi?” DO pointed a finger to the girl being pulled to the center of the hall.

“Jesus Christ! It’s her!” Chanyeol confirmed with the way she fidgeted with her fingers.

“What the is she doing here?” Kai worried. “Sehun-ah, I thought she’s at home! She’s not suppose to be here and worse, be auctioned off!” he hissed.

Sehun couldn’t believe what he was seeing and instantly pushed his chair back to get her but Suho grabbed his wrist. “NO! Sit your back down!” he growled.

His pulse sped up and his breathing was shallow. His muscles grew tense. He felt his temperature rising and could almost feel his blood boiling in his veins. “Hyung! Are you ing kidding me? That’s my girlfriend right there! Do you expect me to just sit and watch while some bastard tries to “buy” her?”  he gritted his teeth.

“Sehun-ah, I totally understand where you’re coming from but you can’t make a scene here while the sunbaes are around and some professors as well. Calm the down and we’ll think of something else. Don’t worry…” the leader patted his shoulder.

Sehun placed his elbows on the table and covered his face with both palms. ‘Oh God Sunmi! What are you doing to me?’ he thought while the rest of the boys were on the edge of their seats.

“She looks stunning though!” Baekhyun praised.