Scheme

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

*Flashback*

Jiyeon came home after her confrontation with UEE. She joined her parents over dinner and being the spoiled daughter that she is, she asked her father for a very special favor.

“Dad? You love me right?” she pouted while poking her spoon on the plate.

“Of course, sweetie! Why?” the gray haired man replied.

“I need to ask something from you and I hope you make it happen…” she matched it with aegyo.

“You know daddy will do everything for you, right? Now tell me. What is it?” he clasped both hands on the table and looked at her lunatic of a daughter. Her mom kept eating but listened attentively.

She placed her utensils down and pushed her chair closer to him. “You know the Oh family right?” she hugged him on the side and he nodded. “You see dad… I go to the same school with Sehun, their son, and I really like him!”

“That’s good to hear coz at least you’ve finally moved on from your ex who was a total scumbag!” he scoffed.

“And he likes me too…” she giggled.

His dad raised an eyebrow and was taken aback. He glanced at his wife with a concerned look knowing their daughter’s condition. “Are you sure sweetie? You’ve gone through so much and I don’t want it to happen again.” her mother added who was seated across her dad.

“Of course mom! He talks to me a when he sees me in the hallway. He smiles and waves at me when he sees me first. He even saved me from a group of boys who attacked me.” Her eyes glistened with every word that came out of and the mere thought of Sehun smiling at her sent shivers down her spine. “I like him so much and he likes me too… You know what it means when two people are in love, right?”

Her parents were caught off guard at her actions and they knew right away that her sickness came back. Her mom shook her head towards her dad and gave him the look. "Don’t tolerate it!" she mouthed but he ignored her. ‘I’m sorry but I can’t bear seeing her suffer again. I’ll do everything for my sweet Jiyeon!’ He took a deep breath and faced her daughter. “What do you want daddy to do? Hmmm?” he pinched her chin.

Jiyeon straightened up and held his hands. “Daddy, I want to marry Oh Sehun! I want to spend the rest of my life with the person whose smile melts my heart and with his protective arms around me.”

Her dad almost fell off the chair upon hearing her request. She was not just asking for a car, a house, or any material stuff. It involves a person’s future and his daughter’s safety. His eyes rounded while rubbing his forehead. He drank from his water goblet after he choked and thought of ways to avoid it. “Ermmm… Sweetie, isn’t it too early for that? You guys are too young for marriage. You don’t know what you’re getting yourselves into…”

“Andwae! Shireo!” she crossed her arms and sulked. “I only want him and I want you to arrange it for me!!!”

“Sweetie… It’s not that easy. Yes, Sehun’s dad is my friend but marriage is no fun and games!” he explained with pleading eyes.

“And I’m serious!” she stood infuriated. Her mom was on the edge of her seat already while her dad tries to persuade her.

“Can you at least try to think things through first? Take it easy, sweetie. Don’t rush into things!” he held onto her wrist.

“I said, NO!!! I only want to marry Sehun! I will not ask anything else from you guys ever again! Just this final one!” she grabbed a plate and flung it to the wall. “If you can’t give me this, I’ll ing kill myself!” she stomped out of the dining room.

Her mom placed both elbows on the table and covered her face while her dad slouched in his chair staring at the ceiling. “Yeobo? What are we gonna do?” he asked his wife. “I dunno, hun!” she sighed.

-----------

Hearing her daughter’s warning played over and over again. It never left him. It was like a demon suddenly inhabited his brain hammering a nail in it. He was disturbed by the thought that he might just lose the only person that gives him reason to live.

He finally decided to meet up with Sehun’s dad at a lavish restaurant in Busan. “Congressman Park! How are you doing?” he reached out a hand.

“I’m great!” they shook hands and took a seat.

“So? What’s with the urgent notice? Is there anything I can help?” Sehun’s dad relaxed against the lounge chair with one leg over the other.

“I knew I can count on you, chingu! I’ll cut to the chase and just go straight to the point, okay?” Jiyeon’s dad followed his stance.

“Sure!” he replied.

“I want your son to marry my daughter.” the older man said with conviction.

Sehun’s dad suddenly straightened up and loosened his tie. “E-Excuse me? Did I hear it right? Marriage? Are you trying to suggest an arranged marriage?”

Jieyon’s dad remained unfazed. “I’m not suggesting but I’m ordering! For me it’s personal but for you, just think of it as business!”

“I’m sorry but I can’t allow it! My son already has a girlfriend and they love each other deeply. I can’t take it away from him!” he sat back with hands planted firmly on the arm rest.

“You have no other choice, my friend! If you want to push through your merge with Zhang Corporation in China…” he raised a finger. “…which I’m a major stock holder. You better agree with this! Besides, if it weren’t me, you’re not as wealthy and influential as you are right now…” he smirked.

Sehun’s dad cocked his head to the side and poked the wall of his cheek with his tongue. “I can’t believe you just black mailed me, you son of a ! My Sehun is happy with Sunmi. If he’s getting married, it should be her and no one else!”

Jiyeon’s dad stood and walked towards him. “Like I said, I’m ordering you just like I always do! Who you are right now is because of me and I can take it all away in a snap!” he patted his shoulder and left.

Sehun’s dad was left devastated.  He placed both elbows on his knees and gripped his hands together. His façade is a cold hearted ruler who doesn’t care about anybody even his family but deep down he is soft as a marshmallow and sweet as cotton candy. He melts at Sehun’s brightest smile when he’s with Sunmi. He gets jitters when he sees them kissing. He envied his wife when she carries her brother. He was on top of the world when he knew his son gave up his dream house just for her.

Watching them from afar overflowing with love and affection for each other gave him comfort and that he knows he can die happy. But it seems like everything has to change and it’s all because of a decision he is about to make. “I’m really sorry, son! Please forgive your good for nothing father!” then tears fell.