The Rival

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Taemin and Jinsuk arrived in Sunmi’s classroom just in time when the lecture ended. The three of them walked to EXO’s lounge to spend lunch altogether.

“I’m so jealous! Your brace has been removed already.” she sulked upon seeing Taemin’s ankle.

He placed an arm around her shoulder while holding her backpack. “Don’t worry, Sunmi. Just a few days more and your cast will be taken off as well. Just bear with it…” and she sighed.

Taemin opened the door for the girls and they all went in. EXO sat on the couches around a table with food all over it. Sunmi took the spot beside Kris followed by Taemin on her side. Jinsuk trailed them and as soon as she sat on the other side of Taemin, her eyes did an automatic glare at Kai who sat across her.

“What?” his eyes moved up and down to respond with a scowl.

“Nothing… Force of habit!” she smirked.

Sunmi watch them bicker and leaned to Kris. “I don’t think those two will ever get along!”

“Naahhh... Jinsuk maybe tough and stubborn but she still is a girl… Girls have a soft spot and Jongin will just have to find it.” he giggled.

“Right… Where’s Sehun?” she added.

“He went out to get your medicines from his locker.”

“Ahh…” and they started eating.

----------

Sehun was walking casually to his locker. He held his jacket with one hand and another in his pocket. Girls were checking him out from head to toe and he would ignore them with his poker face. They find it amusing how he turns the school hallway into a fashion ramp while their eyes feast on such an eye candy.

“EXO’s maknae is truly delish! Yummy!” says one.

“Mhmmm! And that Sunmi girl enjoys him anytime, anywhere… Lucky !” scoffs the other.

“Sunmi? Who’s that?” another girl suddenly interrupted them.

The two gossiping girls were caught by surprise and smirked at her. “His girlfriend!” one of them pointed at Sehun’s drool-worthy figure.

“Sehun has a girlfriend?” added the latter.

“Yah! Have you been living under a rock? The whole campus knows about it! Tch!” one of them scoffed and rolled their eyes as they left her.

The remaining girl has her eyes glued on Sehun. She has been following him around and always sees him with a girl but never thought they’re together. ‘Whatever! It’s not like they’re married already! Tch!’ she thought and started trailing Sehun.

He stopped in front of his locker while the girl watches him from behind a wall. He already started walking back to their lounge when she suddenly left her spot and bumps into him. She then dropped the books she was hugging.

“Oh ! I’m sorry…” Sehun bent to help her pick up the clutter.

“It’s okay. I should be the one apologizing, I wasn’t watching where I’m going. Miahnada…”

They raised their heads together and finally caught eye contact. “It’s you!” he pointed a finger to her face.

“Hi! Nice to see you again!” she smiled.

Sehun, being the gentleman that he is, took her by the arm and helped her up. “Gwenchana?”

“I am. Thanks!” she dusted her dress and he handed her books.

“Here you go… Well, I’ll go ahead! See you around!” he waved to her and continued walking.

She watched him move further away then an evil smirk formed on her face. ‘Do it now or you’ll regret it.’

Just as he was about to make a turn, she ran in front of him and held out a hand. “Park Jiyeon, by the way!” she flirtingly smiled. She has long brown hair with almond shaped eyes emphasized by thick eyeliners. Her nose was well shaped and her skin was flawless but her attitude was the total opposite.

Sehun hesitated and scratched the back of his head. ‘What the…’ he thought hard how to respond and being too nice is one of his bad habits. He shook her hand and forced a smile. “Ermmm… Oh Sehun…”

‘I know…’ she beamed while gripping his hand. “Nice to meet you!” she squealed.

“Cool!” he pulled away from the contact. “You take care, a’right? Bye!” and ran off.

She raised an eyebrow with arms crossed on her chest while watching him disappear. ‘This is just the beginning Oh Sehun!’

----------

While waiting for Sehun to come back, Sunmi stood and so did Kai. “What are you doing?” she asked.

“Keeping you company, of course! Some whackjob might be lurking somewhere.” he proclaimed.

They stood across each other while the rest of them sat and watch the argument. “Yah! I’m going to the girl’s room and it’s not that far away from here!”

“Dude! Let her leave!” Jinsuk blurted.

“Shut up, four eyes!” Kai stuck his tongue out to her and took Sunmi’s wrist. “Gaja!”

Kris shook his head while watching Sunmi being dragged out. They both walked in a crowded hallway and continued arguing. “You’re crazy, Jongin!”

“Mhmm! Crazy for you!” he teased.

“I’ll better shut up or God knows what will come out of your mouth again!” she glowered at him.

“Good girl!” he ruffled her hair.

Students were rushing in both directions and Sunmi instinctively placed her left arm close to her chest while her right covered it. Kai moved behind her and placed both hands on her shoulder to protect her from possible collision.

But even though how much he tried shielding her, a girl suddenly emerged and forcefully to knocks into her shoulder. “AAAHHH!!!” Sunmi flinched and stepped back after the impact. Her cast didn’t do much to reduce the throbbing pain when it burned every nerve in her body.

Kai caught her just as she was about to faint and turned her to face him. “Sunmi-ah… Gwenchana?”

“I-I’m okay…” she blew out a huge air and kept rubbing her whirling head.

He then turned to the girl who continued walking despite what happened. “YAH! YOU THERE!” she faced them but kept her head down. “APOLOGIZE!” he yelled making the students around them stop and watch the commotion.

Sunmmi tugged his shirt and pulled him. “Let it go, Jongin!”

“Andwae! Some people should learn some manners!” he announced in the hallway.

The girl never looked up and bowed to Sunmi. “Jesunghamnida…” she muttered.

“Good! NOW SCRAM!” Kai pushed her and turned to Sunmi. He lifted her chin up and patted her head. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Neehhh...” she smiled.

----------

‘Tch! Serves you right, Oh Sunmi!’ Jiyeon smirked while watching her with Kai. ‘They seem really close! Hmmmm…’