A Mother's Plea

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Sehun walked the hotel’s lobby fuming with rage. He loosened his tie and unclasped the first button of this dress shirt. His hand crept down his pocket to reach for his keys then clicking sounds coming from a pair of heels against the floor caught his attention. ‘Can’t she be more persistent? UGH!’ he gripped his keys.

The steps were getting louder as he increased his pace and he suddenly turned. “What the do you want???” he snarled. His eyes grew big when he made a mistake. It was not Jiyeon but her mother.

“Oh! Je-Jesunghamnida!” he lightly bowed.

“It’s okay Sehun-shi. Can I talk to you for a minute?” her voice was soft and calm. She has that motherly aura whom no one would hate upon. She was short with graying hair pulled up into a neat bun and face wrinkled with age. “Don’t worry… I won’t take much of your time.” she clasped her palms together.

“Uhmmm…” Sehun hesitated coz she was after all Jiyeon’s mother. The girl who is about to ruin his existence. The girl who threatens to take his beloved and most precious love. But it was her daughter that he hates and despises, not her. “O-Okay…” he sighed.

They sat on an empty couch with a gap between them. Jiyeon’s mom faced Sehun while he placed both elbows on his knees and looked ahead “I’m really sorry if you have to go through all of this. But I want you to know that my husband and I are doing this for our daughter’s well being.” she explained.

“What about me? What about my parents? Aren’t you thinking how many innocent people you have affected coz of this mess? That’s being selfish!” he clasped his hands to stop it from shaking.

She took a deep breath and placed her palm on Sehun’s balled hands. “You don’t understand, Sehun-shi! Jiyeon is going through a lot right now and if we fail as parents, we might just lose her!” she stuttered.

“Look…” he moved and faced her. “I don’t mean to disrespect you but that is bull! I’m pretty sure that there are far more parents out there who have worse troublemakers than your daughter but they didn’t lost a child. It’s a matter of choice, eomeoni!”

‘I can’t believe I’m giving a lecture to Jiyeon’s mother!’ he sighed.

She closed her eyes for a bit and tightened her grip on his hands. “Jiyeon is mentally sick! She has delusional disorder!” she opened her eyes and tears fell.

“Mwoh? Are you serious? I swear, eomoeni! If this is one of your tricks to make me marry her, I’m telling you right now, it’s not working…” and she remained quiet with few sobs escaping her lips.

“Uwaaaa~ So she really is delusional, huh?” his mouth dropped.

“Our Jiyeon thinks you like her... That you’re destined for each other. That’s why she wants to have this marriage done!” she sniffed. “If not, she will hurt herself… Sehun, I can’t lose my only daughter! Please don’t let it happen!” she cried.

“I’m really sorry, eomeoni. I can’t marry her! I have Sunmi. She’s my life and I can’t lose her as well…” he broke away from her clutch and stood.

Jiyeon’s mom grabbed his wrist and dropped on her knees. “I beg you! Please! I won’t ask you to marry her then but treat her nicely until my husband and I figure a way to convince her to stop it…” she wept.

Sehun looked up at the ceiling while pressing his lips together. He has that feeling of sorrow that inclines him to help or show mercy. ‘You’re digging your own grave, Sehun.’ he sighed.

“I’ll think about it but I can’t promise anything!” he slowly shoved her hand and walk away.

“Sehun-ah! I trust that you keep this a secret! No one should know about this!” she added and he waved.

----------

Sehun came home and dropped on his bed face first. His head could almost explode from the throbbing pain Jiyeon’s mother caused. He was suppose to feel better that he actually has a slim chance of not marrying a psychopath but he’s bothered by the thought of being nice to her. “Aish! Mollah!” he snatched a pillow and covered his head with it.

“Sehun-ah? Can I come in?” his mom popped her head on the door.

“Neh!” he yelled under the sheets.

She came in and took his shoes off. “Son, you need to take a shower first before going to bed.”

“I am, mom! I’m just taking a breather!” he mumbled and she sat on the edge beside him.

“Something wrong?” she removed his jacket this time.

“Nothing… I’m just tired!” he added.

“Okay… If you need anything, just let me know…” she patted his back.

Sehun tossed the pillow and sat up crossed leg. “Actually there is…” he grinned.

“What is it?” his mom went back and sat on his bed. “I noticed earlier that dad seemed intimidated by Congressman Park. Is there something that I should know?” he narrowed his eyes.

‘Might as well tell him. Forgive me sweetheart!’ she thought and held his hands. “Well… It’s because your dad has been blackmailed by that dirty man and that’s why he agreed to your marriage.”

“W-what? I don’t get it mom?” he stuttered.

“Sehun-ah, you’re dad is not what you think he is. He’s not the coldest and meanest person in this household. In fact, he likes Sunmi. He just doesn’t show it coz of his tough image.” she rolled her eyes. “Anyway, there’s this company merge that he’s been wanting for a long time now and Jiyeon’s dad used it to blackmail him.”

“Why does he need it so bad?”

“Just to be clear, it’s not because of greed. The merger will stabilize our company in the stock market. You know what that means right?” and he nodded.

“But why didn’t he tell me? I can help him find a way to get it and not make a deal with that corrupt fatass!” he hissed.

“Watch the language!” she flicked his lips. “Miahn!”

“Your dad doesn’t want you to burden with it. Having this arrange marriage is more than enough for you already.” she his hair. “That’s why he’s delaying the wedding date coz he’s looking for a way to rush the merge without Mr. Park’s knowledge.”

“Oh my God, mom! I’m really sorry! I didn’t know!” Sehun sprawled on his bed and stared at the chandelier. “I shouted at him. I even hated him. What should I do?” he covered his face with both hands.

“Just continue with what you’re doing and be strong! Don’t give up coz daddy and mommy will never do! Okay?” she pinched his nose.

“I will mom! Can I go and talk to dad? I want to say sorry for all that I did!” he added.

“Naahhh~ No need for that! Your father already knows! Besides, you’ll just ruin his image.” she chuckled.

“Riiggghhhhttt…” he slapped his forehead.

Then, she stood and kissed his cheek. “Hey! Shower first before going to sleep… Good night, son!”

“Neh! G’night mom!”

Sehun jumped off his bed and made his way into the bathroom. He stripped off his clothes and went under the shower. He let the cold water ran through his body while placing both hands on the chilly tiles in front of him. The burning sensation in his head disappeared and most of all, his hate for his dad melted away. He felt warm and light but somehow an anchor is dragging him down. ‘I need to get rid of Jiyeon and that merge will make it happen. But how?’ he racked his brain for any possible way. ‘I guess, I’ll have to play nice with her first! *sigh* Can someone please kill her for me? Aish!’ he brushed his hair up with his hand and let the water drop on his face. “Aahhhh~ This is why being so damn gorgeous is dangerous! Kyaaaaa…” he giggled.