Troublemaker

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Jinsuk and I sat on the stairs of the school’s main hall while having a snack. I tucked the bag of potato chips between my cast and tummy as I stuff my mouth with my good hand. There were students passing by and I was amazed at how she almost knew everyone. “Uwaaa Jinsuk! I’m impressed! You’re just a freshman but you’re like a walking yearbook already!”

“Naahhh! Having Shinee’s leader for a brother just have its privileges.” she munched on a club sandwich. “You see that beautiful goddess over there?” she continued and pointed at a lady with long black hair and deep dimples as she smiled. “Mhmmm! Wae?”

“That’s Boa unnie! She’s the queen around here. Everybody respects her! And I mean everybody, the professors, sunbaes, rookies, even the lunch ladies in the dining hall.” she exclaimed.

My eyes twinkled as she passed across us. It’s as if she floated with smoke underneath her feet and her hair flowed with wind. I choked when she suddenly stopped and faced us. “Jinsuk-ah!” she waved.

“Annyeong unnie!” my friend bowed her head.

Boa then smiled and bowed to me. “Annyeong haseyo!”

I practically lost my overall focus. I can’t talk, forgot what I was doing and just stared at her. I was too starstruck that Jinsuk had to nudge my side. “Oh! Ermmm… A-Annyeong haseyo!” I bowed my head.

“Unnie! This is my friend, Oh Sunmi!” we remained seated while she stood a few steps down.

“So you’re the girl who got the highest bid at the event!” she pointed a finger at my face and I nodded. “You almost broke my record, y’know!” she added.

I just sheepishly smiled to her when not a single word came out of my mouth for a decent conversation. “Well… You girls take care and study well!” she waved and we bowed.

We watched her glowing figure disappear in a corner then Jinsuk lightly smacked my head. “Yah! I can’t believe you just turned into a mute!”

“What? That’s my way of appreciating true beauty!” I hurled pieces of chips on her hair.

“Stop that! Aish!” she glared and I stuck my tongue out.

We giggled at our childish selves and continued people watching. She enumerated a whole bunch of people and I forgot their names after a few gulps of my soda. “Are you even listening to me?” her eyes glowered at me up and down.

“I am! But there are far too many names to remember!” I complained.

“Whatever!” she scoffed. Jinsuk just turned her attention back to the revelers when she took a deep gulp. “Can you see those three s approaching us?”

I followed her sight and saw them glaring at us. “What’s there problem?” my eyes pierced them from head to toe.

“That’s After School Red!” I snorted at the sound of there name. “The one in the middle is head over heels for Minho oppa.” she added.

“You mean the crossed eyed?” I covered my mouth as I chuckled.

“I know right?” Jinsuk whispered coz they were nearing us. “Her name is UEE, the queen . The other two are Jungah and Nana. There’s another girl named Kahi but she was kicked out coz she was too old already.”

“Pwahahaha!” we both laughed silently. “I call her Tweety bird, the plastic version!” Jinsuk snorted while eyeing UEE.

“Hey! That’s mean!” I scolded her.

“Tch! Wait ‘til she unleashes her face then tell me who’s mean!” she smirked.

The girls stood a few steps below us and UEE stooped lower to me. “So! You’re the famous Oh Sunmi! Nice to finally meet you.” then I saw the most phony smile in my existence.

“Ermmm… Hi??” I forced the word out of my mouth.

She rolled her eyes while her two assistants smirk with arms crossed on their chests. “You’re close with EXO, right? And your boyfriend is Oh Sehun?” and I slowly nodded. “Good! Then you should hang out with us then. Not with some nerdy tomboy. You’ll just get bored.” the three of them laughed at Jinsuk.

‘This talked to my friend like that? Hell no! This is unacceptable!’ I poked the wall of my cheek with my tongue and cocked my head to the side. “No thanks! I’m ecstatic to have this nerdy tomboy with me and I don’t need some transvestites to brighten my boring life.” I looked them up and down.

Her jaw dropped then her hand smashed on my cheek. It instantly burned and her ring tore my lower lip which was worse coz I can smell and taste the metallic fluid dripping on my chin.

“Don’t you ever talk to me like that! I’m UEE! Get that?” she yelled at my face. Jinsuk shoved her aside and her equally dense assistants caught her.

The bag of chips fell to the ground after my best friend helped me up. “Gwenchana?” she wiped the blood.

“It’s nothing! I’ve had worse!” I smirked and showed her my cast.

Jinsuk faced them and rolled up her sleeves but I stopped her. “No! They’re not worth it! Let’s go!”

I pulled her with my good arm while she held my backpack. UEE however suddenly gripped my left shoulder that a jolt of pain stung straight to my brain then I snapped.

I turned as my boiling blood took over while the throbbing pain clouded my judgment. “Exactly how much do you have to swallow to become that stupid? Are you blind to see this ing cast!” I growled at her face then my right foot landed on her tummy making her tumble down the stairs together with Jungah and Nana. “Oh !” I grinned and Jinsuk pushed me. “RUN! I’ll take care of them!”

“What about you?”

“Don’t worry ‘bout me! I didn’t learn Karate for no reason. NOW GO!!!” she pushed me again and my feet instantly moved after seeing the three of them stood back up. I took a glance before entering the hallway and saw Jinsuk throwing kicks to their pretty faces. ‘Woah! No wonder why she’s untouchable around here…’

I kept running not knowing where my feet will take me. I turned to every corner, sprint through an aisle, and my hair covered my face as I looked back while my good arm instinctively supported the injured one.

“Sunmi?” a voice called in front of me.

I must’ve drank enough brake fluid coz I stopped right away. I raised my head at his towering height and held my raging chest. “Oh it’s you Changmin oppa. You scared me!” I panted.

“What happened?” he worried while checking my swollen face, torn lip and mangled arm.

“Ermmm…” I scratched my head while grinning.

“Aish! You troublemaker!” he scowled and took my wrist. He tenderly pulled me to God knows where but I’m pretty sure to a safer place. We arrived to what seem like DBSK’s loft. It was grandiose and stunning. Totally fit for the kings. My mouth left hanging while my eyes moved in different directions.

‘Uwaaaa~ They even have a butler.’ I bowed to him and he did as well. Changmin made me sit on one of the white couches and sat on the coffee table across me. “Can you please hand me the first aid kit?” he asked the servant. “Ye doryeonnim!”

“What have you done this time? Huh?” he asked and I dropped my head. “Last time I saw you, you were being chased by a group of boys… And now you’re hurt!”

“Here you go, doryeonnim!” Changmin got the kit and placed it beside him. Just as he tucked strands of hair behind my ear, the rest of DBSK came. Jaejoong rushed towards us and sat right next to me. He carefully turned me and checked me up and down.

His brown eyes pierced through every pore in my body and ran his fingers through my throbbing face while DBSK sat coolly around us. “What happened to you?” his husky voice shook.

They all listened intently while I explained how half of my body ended up getting damaged. Yunho sat on a couch across me with Junsu and Yoochun by his side while Jaejoong was on my good side and Changmin on the other.

Jaejoong took a swab soaked in alcohol and pressed it on my lip. “Apa! Apa!” I winced.

“So you won’t forget to avoid trouble next time!” he poked it harder.

“OUCH!!!” I shoved his hand away. “It's not my fault this school has an epidemic of s and es.” I complained and frowned.

“Hey! Watch the language, missy!” Yunho clucked his tongue.

“Miahnae…” I pouted in defeat.

Jaejoong cleaned my cut and sealed it with a butterfly tape then cupped my face. “Sunmi-ah, promise me you’re not gonna get hurt ever again!”

“Oppa, I can’t do that! Accidents are inevitable and I’m a major klutz, y’know!” I giggled.

“You’re both meant to be, then!” Yoochun blurted and Junsu snorted.

“It’s not funny!” we both chorused.

“SEE???” Yoochun simultaneously pointed at us and Changmin laughed.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and I took a breather. I leaned my head against the back rest while I placed my cast on my tummy. “Sunmi-ah, do you need anything?” Junsu asked.

“I’m good, oppa. Thanks!”

“Your kimbap was really good. We enjoyed it! Komawo!” Changmin ruffled my hair.

“Hell yeah you did!” Jaejoong hissed and they all ignored him.

I was massaging the fingers on my left hand as I can hardly feel anything from it when Jaejoong did it for me. The rest of DBSK were stunned at his sudden gesture and looked at each other wide eyed. As much as I want his soft hands rubbing my stiff fingers, I playfully slapped his hand. “It’s okay oppa. I can do it!” I forced to smile.

Jaejoong however insisted and even tried to pull my ring off so he can do a better job. “NOOO!!!” I pulled my whole arm away from him. ‘AHHH!’ I screamed in my mind when a twinge shot up.

“Woah! That must be your couple ring?” Yunho pointed at my titanium band.

“Mhmmm!” I twirled it around and smiled while staring at it.

We all noticed when Jaejoong became sullen. He leaned back against the back rest and stared blankly at the ceiling. “Ehem…” Yoochun cleared his throat. “Sunmi-ah, I have a question to ask…” then they all got intrigued.

“Sure! What is it?” I replied and Jaejoong went back to reality.

“Let's say you're single right now. Who in this room would you choose to be your boyfriend?”

“Ehh???” I’m shocked but they were all waiting for a response so I played along. I pointed a finger to each of them as I go through my choices. “Hmmm…” then I pressed my finger on my chin. “Ahh! It’s Junsu oppa!” I smiled wholeheartedly.

“MWOH???” they all protested. “W-Wae? Wae?” Changmin poked my side.

“Coz you’re too tall for me!” I pointed at him.

“Coz you seem like a bad boy!” I pointed Yoochun.

“Coz you’re too perfect for me!” I pointed at DBSK’s leader.

“And you Jaejoong oppa…” I faced him. “You’re a chick magnet. You’ll just give me a headache.” I chuckled and he sulked. “Unfair!”

Junsu stood and pushed Changmin aside. He placed an arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. “Aigooo~ Starting today, I’ll be your namja chingu in Dong Bang Shin Ki!” he formed a rainbow in the air with his hand while saying the glorious name.

“In your dreams Kim Junsu!” Jaejoong smacked his hand.

“Andwae! Shireo! Sehun will throw a fit and won’t let me hang out with you guys ever again if he finds out.”

“Don’t worry, no one will tell…” he giggled.

‘Just as I thought this place could be safe for me!’ I sighed.

After a few more rounds of goofing off and playing around, I decided to leave. “Well… It’s been fun but I have to go!”

“Awwww~ Don’t leave yet jagiya!” Junsu pleaded as I stood.

“Yuck oppa! Blech!” I scrunched my face at the not-so endearing word. “But I really have to go. Sehun is prolly looking for me and I still have to fetch my brother.” I told them.

Jaejoong stood as well and tugged me out of their loft. “Let’s go. I’ll walk you to EXO’s lounge. You might bump into some trouble again…”

“Goodbye everybody! Peace!” I flashed a V sign to them with an eye smile.