Tumble and Fall

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Taemin heard Sunmi scream and was stunned to see her approach a gutter at a faster rate, and worse, a few cars were passing across it. “!” He instinctively stood and sprinted towards her.

“SUNMI-AH! Grab my hand!” he reached out and she took it. “Now jump towards me!”

“WHAT???” she was terrified at the thought.

“Do it!” he squeezed her hand.

Sunmi however was distracted by the moving cars ahead of them. “!”

“Just trust me! Goddamnit! Now jump!” he yanked her instead when shock took over her system and refused to react.

They both landed and rolled on the ground whereas the skateboard split in two after a car drove over it. Taemin circled his arms on Sunmi’s head while she clutched on his shirt. Gasps escaped their mouths as their bodies collide against the asphalt. They eventually stopped and he sat up to pull her on his lap. “Sunmi-ah! Sunmi-ah!” he softly tapped her cheek. “Wake up!”

Her eyes opened but she let out an agonizing grunt. “Taemin! AHHH!!!”

“Wae? Are you hurt? Where? Where?” he panicked.

She used her right hand to raise her left arm up but a shot of burning pain weakened her. “SHIITTT!!! ARRGH!!!” she arched her back.

“Hang in there, Sunmi! I’ll bring you to the hospital!” he panted.

Taemin gathered all his strength and ignored the throbbing pain in his ankle. He was too focused on her that he failed to notice a huge gash on his arm where blood dripped as if a faucet was left open.

He picked her up bridal style and limped to his parked car a few meters away. Every step for him was like stepping on burning coal. It hurt, burned, stung, all pain-related sensations filled his body.

“Taeminnie, you can put me down. It will be better for you…” she clutched her mangled arm while leaning on his chest.

“SHIREO! Just stay still! I’m fine!” he hissed.

“Please! Don’t be stubborn! Jebal!” and he finally gave in. Taemin felt better after placing her on the ground but the pain never left him. Sunmi saw his ankle turning purple and swollen so she took his hand and draped it around her shoulder. “Better?”

“No! Coz you’re far worse than me!” he protested.

“I-I’m okay…” she stuttered and winced at her dangling arm.

“Liar!” he hissed and supported her by the waist.

They both managed to reach Taemin’s car in their injured state.

He opened the door for her even he was limping and slowly walked towards the driver’s seat.

“Can you drive?” she asked.

“Mhmmm…” he then faced her and reached out a hand to her face. “I’m really sorry, Sunmi. This shouldn’t have happened! Miahnaeyo…”

“No! It’s not your fault. It was an accident!” I smiled to him. “Now drive to the god damn hospital!!! My arm hurts like hell already! AISH!!!” they laughed.

----------

An hour has passed since Sehun got a call from Onew telling him that Sunmi will be spending time with Shinee’s maknae. He was waiting for her in their lounge with the rest of boys who played poker.

“Sehun-ah, take it easy. Sunmi is in good hands!” Baekhyun teased.

“Hyung! It’s not funny!” he paced behind them.

“I heard he’s been crushing on our Sunmi.” DO blurted.

“MWOH???” they all chorused. “How did you know?” Kai paused and stared at him.

“I overheard Kibum sunbae and Jinsuk talking the other day.” DO explained while staring at his cards.

“She’s in bad hands, then!” Chanyeol chuckled.

Sehun then raised his hands in the air. “Really hyung? Thanks for the support!” and continued pacing. Kris however stood and patted his shoulder. “Chill bro! Just trust her, okay? You should know better!”

“I will hyung!” he blew out an air then his phone rang. “Yes Jinki hyung?” he remained silent with terror stricken face. “M-mwoh? H-hyung! I don’t understand you!” he then covered his gaping mouth.

EXO stopped playing and saw Sehun’s eyes twitch while his hands shook.

“Sehun-ah, what’s going on?” Suho stood beside him but he was ignored.

“GET YOUR IN HERE COZ SUNMI’S BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!” Onew shouted in the other line making Sehun return to reality.

“I’ll be there!” he hang up. Sehun grabbed his jacket and went straight to the door. “I gotta go! Sunmi’s in the hospital!” he told them.

“WHAT???” they all stood instantly and Kai ran in front of him. “W-Wae? What happened?”

“I dunno, okay??? I was too minded to listen to the details. All I know is my girlfriend was brought to the hospital and she's looking for me!” he shoved him aside and sprinted to his car.

Several sports car raced in the afternoon traffic to reach their destination as fast as possible. Sehun gripped the steering wheel while pressing hard on the gas pedal. ‘Goddamnit Sunmi! Please be okay! Please be okay!’ he slammed his fist on it. ‘She’s looking for me that means she’s conscious…’ he pressed his fist on his lips.

The tires on his Audi R8 skidded on the entrance followed by six other black cars. He jumped out of it and rushed into the emergency room. There, he was met by Minho, Jonghyun and Key.

“Sunbae, where is Sunmi?” he asked Jonghyun.

“She’s in there… Jinki and Jinsuk are with them.” he patted his shoulder then her best friend came out. “Sehun-ah! Get in there! GO!” she nodded towards the door.

Sehun never spared a second and rushed in while the rest of them nervously waited outside the room. He staggered through a row of empty beds and finally saw her. Sunmi was sitting on the edge of the bed with Taemin beside her and Onew standing in front of them. His heart sank upon seeing a cast on her left arm and few cuts on the other.

She was talking to the Shinee boys when her face lit up after seeing Sehun standing in front them. He had one hand on his hip and another on his hair while looking at her expressionless.

“Sehun-ah!” she cried after not shedding a single tear until he came. That’s how much effect he has on her.

He immediately went up to her for an embrace. Seeing a glimpse of her was more than enough to remove his anxiety and anger. That’s how much effect she has on him.

“Baby, it’s okay. I’m here! Ssshhh…” he rubbed her back with one hand and pressed her head on his body with the other. She sunk her face on his tummy and hugged his waist with her good arm. “Sehun-ah miahnae… I was being careless… Jeungmal miahnae!” she wept.

“Don’t worry about it baby… You’re okay now! That’s all I want.” he lifted her head as he looked down on her and she nodded.

She hugged her again and Sehun faced Taemin. “Thanks bro!”

“Naah! Don’t mention it. A part of it was my fault anyway, I shouldn’t have let her play with the skateboard.”

“But still… Thanks for taking care of her!” he reached out a hand to him. “Anytime man!” and Taemin shook it.

Sehun then looked at his ankle with a brace. “How bad is that?”

“It’s just a sprain so it’s nothing compared to hers…” Taemin raised a hand and patted her head. “Sunmi-ah, I’ll go ahead. You get better, okay?”

She pulled away from her boyfriend and his bandaged arm after getting stitched. “You too! Thanks again!” she smiled.

“You’re welcome!”

Onew helped him up and waved to the couple. “Sehun-ah, take care of Sunmi, a’right?” and he nodded. “Bye MiMi! I’ll call you from time to time! Araseo?”

“Yes oppa!” she sniffed and he kissed her head.

They watched Shinee leave the premises and Sehun held her face up. “Sunmi-ah? If you really love me, stop killing me with so much worry! The last time you were in a hospital, you were in a brink of death and it scared the out of me. I don’t wanna lose you babe! So please, try to get away from this creepy place. I beg you!”

“Miahnae… Don’t worry baby, I will!”

He picked her up and held her waist with his firm arms. “Now, I want a kiss here!” he pointed his cheek and she pecked the spot. “And here!” he pointed the tip of his nose and she obliged. Sehun his lips and puckered it. “And here!” Sunmi then raised her free hand to the back of his neck and pecked his lips. She pressed his head closer then let their tongues played. “Mmmm… That’s more like it…” Sehun moaned.

“Ehem… Excuse me kids! But you’re not allowed to do that here. Go somewhere else!” the nurse grimaced.

“Ooopppss… Sorry!” Sunmi apologized but Sehun frowned. “ing ! When will I even get a decent intimate moment with you? AISH!” he whispered.

“We’ll go now!” Sunmi bowed to the nurse as Sehun supported her on their way out. “Yeah! Yeah! Always rememmber to practice safe !” she added.

“What the hell?” Sunmi looked back.

“Don’t worry, we will!” Sehun snorted.

“YAH!!!” she smacked his chest with a free hand.

EXO rushed to them after the door closed. “Sunmi-ah! What happened? Are you okay?” DO worried.

“Taemin’s skateboard doesn’t like me so I broke my arm in two places.” she showed her cast.

“Yikes!” Chanyeol cringed.

“Yah! Since when did you become an adrenaline junkie! Aish!” Suho scolded her.

“Miahnae oppa…” she pouted.

"Does it hurt? How are you feeling?" Kai checked her out from head to toe.

"I'm okay, Jongin. My left arm is practically useless for the next 3 weeks!" she sighed.

"Don't worry, we'll be you're left arm then!" he added.

Kris shoved them all aside and carried her bridal style away from them. “Too much talk! Let’s take our princess home, shall we!”

“Hyung! That’s my job!” Sehun protested.

“It’s my job too!” he ignored him while she just shook her head at their playfulness. “Seriously Sunmi, you gotta be extra careful next time. EXO will go extinct if you keep giving us heart attacks.”

“I will!” then she scooted in his chest. “Mmmm… Oh how I miss your cloudlike hold!” she remarked upon reminiscing there high school days.

“Go to sleep then…” Kris whispered.