The Storm

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Even after all the chaos that happened in the club, the scheduled engagement party took place. It was arranged by Jiyeon’s parents a month ago to publicize the wedding. It was held in the same place where Sehun’s dad celebrated his birthday with an addition of swarming media.

Sehun’s parents attended the event and so did Kris and Suho to support their maknae. Besides, it was only them who were mature enough not to throw a fist at Jiyeon's face. They were all suited up with plastic smiles on their faces.

“Thanks for coming, hyung! I don’t think I can go through this without you guys!” he told them.

“Anytime bro! It may be against our will but we’re doing this for you…” Kris patted his shoulder.

“Sehun-ah!!!” Jiyeon squealed and skipped to him. She linked her hands in his arm and clung for dear life.

“Let go of me!” he sneered and pulled his arm away.

“Yah! Daddy won’t be happy seeing you act that way.” she pouted.

“I don’t give a !” he dusted his sleeve.

“Sehun-ah… Can we talk?” his dad approached them then Kris and Suho bowed to him. “Can you guys leave us for a bit?”

“Ye abeoji!” and they left while Jiyeon walked to her parents.

Sehun’s dad clasped his hands behind his back and stood firm. “I want you to be extra nicer to Jiyeon even just for tonight, araseo? it up and bear with it!” he demanded.

“I will dad, don’t worry…” he smiled.

His dad turned and started walking when he tugged his blazer. “Dad?” he stopped. “Thanks… I know about the merge and I want you to know that I appreciate everything that you do for me!”

“Ehem! Sure son…” and left.

‘Damn! He’s so cool when he does that. Kyaaaaa~’ he mused.

The party started then Sehun and Jiyeon went around talking to the media. They were interviewed left and right but it was mostly Jiyeon who answered. Pictures were taken as well. He had his signature face while she could almost rip from showing off all her pearly whites.

“Poor maknae… He had to go through so much!” Suho sighed as they sit and watch them from a corner.

“Yeah… Tsk!” Kris shook his head.

The night deepened and they formally escorted their guests to the door. Sehun’s parents left first.

“Bye mom!” he hugged her. “Annyeong Sehun-ah” she rubbed her back then he bowed to his father. “Bye dad. Be careful on your way home!”

“Mhmm! You too…”

“Goodbye eomeoni! Goodbye abeoji!” Jiyeon waved and his parents bowed to her.

Kris and Suho followed them and exchanged pound hugs with Sehun.

“See you tomorrow at school, bro!” Suho said. “Yeah! You too! Drive safely hyung!”

“We will! Peace out, man!” Kris added and pounded his chest with his fist twice, then gave a V sign.

The grand ballroom finally got drained from annoying cameras and gossiping quests. Sehun dropped on a nearest chair. “Sehun-ah… Thank you for coming and sorry for taking up your time…” Jiyeon’s mom bowed.

“Ermmm… I-It’s okay…” he lightly bowed his head as well.

“We’ll go ahead then!” she added and went to her husband who just finished talking to Jiyeon.

He slumped on his chair with eyes closed and rubbing his brows.

“Awwww~ you must be really tired…” she went behind him and massaged his shoulder.

“Please Jiyeon! Spare me!” he mumbled.

“Look… I know I did a lot of things that made you hate me so much and I sincerely apologize.” and his hand dropped.

Sehun sat on the edge of his seat and looked up to her. He was trying to see if she really meant every word she said. Remorse screamed all over her face with eyes b in tears. She grasped the back rest of the chair as her lips trembled in sorrow. ‘What the hell? She’s not just delusional but bipolar as well?’ he thought.

It’s either she’s now turning over into a new leaf or just a damn good actress. “I’m sorry, a’right…” she pouted.

“W-Whatever… Let’s go! I’ll take you home!” he walked ahead then a diabolic grin formed in her face. “Here have some of this! It’ll make you feel better…” she raised a glass of water.

Her apology and repentance made it easy for him to accept her offer. Sehun turned and her face went saintly again.

“Thanks…” and he downed the contents.

Sehun's hand instantly grew numb that he dropped the glass on the carpeted floor. His head began to whirl and saw Jiyeon’s victorious smirk. “B-! You spiked… the drink?” he stammered.

“Who’s the now?” she crossed her arms.

He staggered towards her for an attack with his remaining sanity. His eyes however rolled back after his lids got heavy and was brought to dreamland. Jiyeon caught him then pressed his head on her shoulder. “I got you babe… We’ll be together now…” she smiled.