Scary Brothers Are It Again

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Kris and Tao went to the shop that sold the dragon ring in Guangzhou. It was still empty and Tao flipped the door sign to a close after stepping in.

“Ni hao ma? How can I help you?” asks a fat guy behind the cashier counter.

“I’m looking for the owner of this shop?” Kris menacingly approached him with a strong Chinese accent.

“Ermm… Wei she me?” he gulped.

“Are you the owner?” Kris slammed his fists on the counter. “Coz if you’re not, don’t ask me why! It’s none of your damn business! Now tell me where the is he?” he snarled.

“I-I am… the owner… H-How can I help you?” he trembled.

“You should’ve answered the damn question right from the start, moron!” he hissed. “Now… It came to my knowledge that you once sold a dragon ring in this shop. Is that true?” he paced while Tao kept a watchful eye by the door.

“Shi!” the owner raised an eye brow.

“And that, only five of it were made and sold to five different people. Am I right?”

“Shi! Wait what is this about?” he blurted.

“Shut the up! You don’t have the right to talk!” Kris pointed a finger to his face and the man pressed his lips. “I need the names of those people. NOW!!!” he demanded.

“I’m sorry but I can’t disclose that information. It’s confidential…” he firmly said.

Kris then dropped a duffle bag on the counter. “That’s 1 million yuan! It’s all yours!”

“I’m really sorry! I can’t accept that! My shops reputation is on the line. I’ll lose more if I take your offer. Sorry…” he lightly bowed.

“How ‘bout this?” Kris swiftly took a gun from his back, and pointed it to his face. “I don’t think this precious little shop won’t survive without a hardworking owner, can it? Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” he shook his head.

Tao sighed. ‘My gege has such a short temper…’

The man then slowly bent while trying to reach something from under the counter. “Ermmm… Okay, I’ll give it you, so please put the gun down.” he pleaded and Kris hid his weapon back. “Th-This is the guestbook. It has all the names of the customers who made purchases ever since I opened this shop…” he stammered and slipped a paper-based book covered in leather. “The rings were bought all at the same day and here are their names.” he opened it to a specific page.

Kris took it and brought it closer to his brother. “Don’t do something stupid or you’ll regret it!” Tao warned while pointing his long stick towards the man.

“Di? Look! Luhan is here!” Kris pointed and enumerated the names. “Xiumin… Chen… Fei… Jia…”

“The last two are female names.” Tao blurted and Kris turned to the owner. “Tell us everything about Xiumin and Chen!” and the brothers approached him.

“They are the Kim Brothers! Kim Min Seok and  Kim Jong Dae!” he stuttered.

“Koreans???” Kris wondered.

“Shi! The rings were only meant for Chinese nationals but those two tricked me. They indeed lived here and adapted those names but they were born in Korea. Just as I was about to get the rings back, they already fled to their home country.”

Kris and Tao hurriedly left. “Hey! You forgot your money!” the owner raised the bag.

“It’s yours! Take it as a reward for helping us! Xie Xie!” Kris yelled.

“Yeah! Don’t worry, we’ll make sure you get a lot of customers… And sorry for all the trouble as well! Zai Jian!” Tao waved and flipped the sign back to open.

The brothers hopped into a silver Mercedes Benz SLK and went straight to the airport. Kris drove with a Bluetooth headset on his ear. “I need you to look for this people ASAP… I expect to get results when our plane lands, ARASEO?” and the call ended.

“So those two are Koreans?” Tao rubbed his chin. “But how are they connected with Jiyeon? Hmmm…”

“I dunno bro! Something tells me those two are in a whole lot of deep to deal with her…” Kris sped off.

----------

Back in Seoul, Sunmi skipped her classes the following day. She walked Sungmin to school, went grocery shopping, cleaned their apartment and slept. But it all failed to distract her. All she can think of is Sehun. She misses him. She sacrifices sleep and health for him. Even waits for him.

But Sunmi knows, it's not happening anytime soon. Not after all that's been going on. Worse, it might never even happen at all, he's getting married in just a week, and it just turned to be her greatest pain.

She decided to leave the apartment and went to the club. She saw Teddy on the stage checking the sound system. “Oppa! I brought lunch! Let’s eat!” she yelled and he raised a thumb.

They sat on the edge of stage facing the dance floor. Their feet dangled while they each hold a lunchbox. “Thanks sweetie! I miss your kimbap! It’s truly jjang!” Teddy asked.

“Komawo…” she smiled.

“How are you holding up?” he added.

“I’m okay… I think…” she kept eating. “You really at hiding your emotions, Sunmi! What’s bothering you? Tell me!”

“I miss him oppa! But I don’t think I can face him…” she chewed slowly. “Wae?”

“I should’ve believed him right from the start and spared all of us this much trouble… Oppa… I’ve been screwing up one after the other…” she sulked.

Teddy looked at her. She was no longer depressed but a dark mist still surrounded her. Breathing was hard for her. Living was a struggle for her. “Cheer up, Sunmi! You can’t keep thinking of the ‘what if’s’ or ‘I should’ve done this or that’…  You have to take the good with the bad, and smile with the sad. Learn from your mistakes, but never regret. It made you learn from it…”

“Yeah… It made me realize how much more I can give Sehun. I got caught up at his faults and imperfections, that it turned me against him. I never thought those faults and imperfections could actually complete me.” she sighed.

“Aigooo~ You amaze me, my beautiful niece. You’ve mature into a fine young lady and I’m proud of you…” he placed an arm around her shoulder. “Don’t worry okay? You and Sehun are gonna be fine! That I’m sure!” he kissed her head and they continued eating.

After lunch, Sunmi left the club for a stroll, with her thoughts going deeper. She kept her hands on the pockets of her jacket and just wandered off. Then, she thought of place she misses the most and the closest to her heart.

----------

“Guys, have you seen Sunmi?” Sehun came running through to the lounge, panting.

“Woah! Easy bro! What’s the rush?” Chanyeol asked.

“Nothing… I just wanna see her! Do you know where she is?” he approached the couch.

“Sorry man! Haven’t seen her all day...” Baekhyun added.

“She skipped her entire classes…” Jinsuk pouted.

“Again? Wae?” Suho questioned. “I dunno… Something might’ve came up again…” she shrugged.

“I gotta go then! I need to see her!” Sehun ran out.

"Aigooo~ Those two are always giving me a headache! Aish!" DO rubbed his forehead.

“Don’t worry guys… Let’s be positive about this! It’s not yet the end!” Kai smiled.

“Uwaaaa~ Jongin is a changed man! I like it!” Suho raised a thumb and they high fived. “By the way, I gotta a call from Kris hyung and they’re on their way here.”

“Cool! Can’t wait to hear what those scary brothers been up to!” Kai added.