Taemin's Turn

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

My class ended early so I decided to visit Onew and redeem his “one-hour privilege” with me. I hummed to the song busting out of my earphones while skipping on the hallway and scribbling on my phone.

Baby, I’ll just visit Jinki oppa. No need to wait for me. Love you! (^^,)

I held onto my phone coz Sehun will reply anyway.

Okay! Lemme know if I should fetch you already. I love you too babe! xoxo

I clutched the straps of my backpack then continued singing on the way to Shinee’s game room. I stopped in front of a wooden door and popped my head in after turning the knob. “Jinki oppa? Are you here?”

My head turned from side to side even up and down but it seemed empty so I walked in. My fingers glided through the arcade machines as I walk pass it then the spectacular aquariums caught my attention. I removed my backpack and placed it on top of the pool table. There were fishes in different sizes, colors, and shapes. Some were weird looking, others were cute, but most were beautiful. They were not the usual creatures you see in the markets being sold and eaten.

Watching them swim around some plants and rocks has a calming effect and creates a feeling of serenity. ‘Uwaaaa…’ my mouth turned into an ‘o’. “Heeyyy…. Fishy~ Fishy~” I caressed the glass tank. “Omo! Omo! It’s Nemo!” I squealed when three clown fishes were looking back at me. “Aigoooo~ So cute!” I clapped my hands.

I suddenly have the urge to tap the glass. “Ehem…” I turned and saw a blonde boy in red sleeveless shirt and blue shorts standing behind me smiling. “It’s not advisable to do that…” he said and moved to my side.

“W-Wae yo?” I wondered and turned to the aquarium once again.

“How would you feel if you’re inside that tank then all of a sudden you hear that tapping sound.”

My head dropped and pouted. “Scared and annoyed.”

“See?” he placed a palm on my head. “But don’t worry, it’s not like it will kill them. Look, they’re fine…”

I raised my head and watched the fishes whirl gracefully in the blue water. “Uwaaa~ So cool!” I beamed like a kid in Christmas morning. But I can sense him getting dazed while staring at me. I turned my head to meet his gaze. “Ermmm. What’s your name again? Sorry I didn’t get it before.”

“Oh! L-Lee T-Taemin.” he stuttered.

“Ahh right! I remember now… But I didn’t see you come in. Were you watching me this whole time?”

He nodded and pointed to the couches. “I was asleep when I heard you calling the fishes.”

“Miahnae…” I grinned.

“It’s okay… Why are you here anyway? Are you waiting for Jinki hyung?”

“Neh! He was supposed to spend an hour with me. Y’know, his prize from the auction.”

Taemin scratched the back of his head with a shy smile. “Well… With that…” then my phone rang. I took it out from my bag and saw the caller id. “Speaking of the devil...” I tapped the screen. “Oppa! Where are you? I’m here at your lounge with Taemin-shi.” I smiled at him.

“I’m kinda busy right now… Miahnae!” he replied.

“Awww… Too bad! We can do it next time then?” Taemin however watched me anxiously and kept biting his nails.

“No need for that! We can always see each other even if I didn’t get that prize. I’ll give that to Taemin instead.” he added and my eyes were instantly set on Shinee’s maknae.

“E-Ehhh? M-mwoh?”

“Don’t worry I’ll call Sehun after this and explain everything to him. Okay? Have fun MiMi and you guys be careful!” he hung up.

“Yawbosehyo? Hello? Oppa? Jinki oppa! Yah!” I shouted at the mouthpiece.

Taemin’s eyes were bulging at me looking scared. “Ermmm… It’s okay, you don’t have to do it…” he mumbled.

“Oh no! It’s not that I don’t wanna be with you!” I waved my hand frantically. “I just don’t like surprises.” he then heaved a huge sigh of relief. “So what are we gonna do for the next hour?” I asked.

‘YES! I finally get to have my alone time with Sunmi! Don’t screw this up, Lee Taemin!’ He tapped his chin for a bit and flicked his fingers. My eyes followed him as he walked back to the couch and grabbed what seems like a skateboard. “C’mon! Let’s play!”

We walked out of the campus and strode through a secluded street near the school. The sunny weather was just perfect for two teenagers to enjoy. As soon as we stopped, Taemin dropped his skateboard and hopped onto it with ease. He glided around me while showing off his sleek moves. I admit, he earned himself extra points at how cool and graceful he was.

The sunlight radiating his smiling face made him more attractive. His muscles were toned just enough to match his scrawny physique. My head turned as he kept encircling me while our eyes were glued together. ‘Oh God! Here I go again getting charmed by an SM boy. I hate my life!’

Taemin then stepped off his board and ran along the ground to pick it up. He walked back to me panting and fixing his cap after. “Uwaaaa~ That was mad cool!” I praised him. “Can I try?”

He looked at me from head to toe and hesitated. “Are you sure?”

“Why not? Girls can do it too, y’know! Tch!” I scoffed.

“Fine!” he rolled his eyes. “But you have to take my lead. Araseo?”

“Yes boss!” I saluted him.

Taemin placed the board down and I carefully stepped on it. It was easy watching him but way harder doing it myself. I was thankful to wear a loose white racer back paired with black skinny jeans and the Louboutin spiked high tops that GD gave me.

The wheels kept moving back and forth as my arms flailed for balance. I kept wobbling as I try to find my stance so he took my hands and securely grip it. “This is harder than I thought!” I panted.

“You’ll get the hang of it for sure…” he laced our fingers together and I notice him blush. ‘! I’m holding her hand. Calm down, Taemin. She has a boyfriend for crying out loud!’

“Gwenchana?” I asked his bewildered face.

“Neh! Neh!” Ermmm… Why don’t you do this?” he looked down to the board. “Place one foot on the front...” I followed. “…then another on the back.” I did as told. “Now bend your knees a little bit…”

I finally got the feel of the board. My legs shook for a while but I managed. “I’m gonna let go now…” he said and I squeezed his hand. “Andwae! Andwae…” I pleaded.

“Okay… Okay… I won’t!” he chuckled. ‘Take your time, Sunmi. I will hold onto you, until you tell me to.’

Taemin walked a few steps back as he pulled me. I felt the wheels move against the pavement and it was exhilarating. Adrenalin started pumping up and the butterflies faded away. “Taemin! OMG! I’m actually moving!” I squealed.

‘Wow! My name sounded so good coming out of Sunmi’s lips.’

I saw him bit his lower lip and smiling from ear to ear. “Hey! I said I’m moving!”

“Right! Well, technically yes but it’s not counted as skateboarding.”

“But still!” I stuck my tongue out to him.

Just when I was trying to switch my feet, my clumsy self kicked in. I slipped from his grasp and panicked. “NOOOO!!!” the board slid underneath me and a pair of arms securely held my waist. I closed my eyes as I braced myself for impact then a loud thud came off.

Instead of feeling my body on the hard pavement, I was comfortably lying on top of his soft body. I can feel his heart thumping, his rapid warm breaths on my hair and his toned arms on my back. I raised my head after opening my eyes to meet his gaze. He then raised a hand to hold my neck. “Are you okay?” he asked with a worried look.

“I am! You?”

“Never better!” he smiled.

Taemin tucked strands of hair behind my ear and softly caressed my face. His eyes moved with the back of his finger sliding from my temple, cheek, and down my lips. I was mesmerized at his curious eyes that I never complained when his thumb my lower lip from side to side. “You’re beautiful, Sunmi…” he whispered.

I gulped upon hearing his words and being under his spell made me question if it was right or wrong to acknowledge it. Then I slightly pushed off from his chest. “Ehem... Ermmm… Let’s do that again!” then I stood.

He slapped his forehead and sat crossed leg on the ground while I went to get the board. I played by myself when awkwardness hit us but he cautiously watched me. “Sunmi-ah, be careful!” he cupped his mouth while yelling.

“I will!”

After a few trips, slips and bruises, I finally manage to cruise. “Taeminnie, look!” I grinned and he showed two thumbs up. “Good job!” he exclaimed.

My face quickly fell when I passed him and started going downhill. The adrenaline rush that I have was replaced with fear. I was gaining speed beyond my capacity and the wind kept slapping my face making it hard to breathe. ‘Eotteoke! How to stop? I can’t stop!’ I panicked.

“SEHUNNN!!!” was the first name that came out of my mouth. ‘! He’s not here!’